Are you passionate about medical coding? Keen to take up remote medical coding jobs? Here’s a page to kickstart your journey – read on!
With the continuing demand for remote working, the internet is flooded with numerous work from home job opportunities. One upcoming trend that has been observed is hiring for remote medical coding jobs as well as medical billing jobs.
Several questions may pop up in your mind regarding what is exactly meant by the two terms – medical coding and billing? What are the qualifications needed for remote medical coding job requirements? And where can you search for remote medical billing and coding jobs?
In this article, we will discuss elaborately the definition and meaning behind medical coding and billing, pre-requisites for the remote coding jobs, and some of the most popular companies offering remote medical billing and coding jobs.
Market opportunity for remote medical coding jobs
For job seekers, healthcare is the fastest-growing sector in the USA. Still, you are not interested in inpatient care. Then, also, you can secure your job of remote medical billing and coding in the medical field.
It is one of the essential administrative jobs in medical facilities. According to the US Bureau of Labor Statistics, there is a growth recorded of 22% in the part-time remote medical coding jobs and entry-level medical coding jobs remote from 2016 to 2026.
The medical coders and billers earn a median salary of $34K. Furthermore, their salary structure depends on the organization and the job role. In comparison with other professions, remote medical coding jobs are growing at a fast pace.
In the coming years, there are around 129,000 job openings for online medical billing and coding in the USA. Based on the current outlook, it is a perfect job option for those who want to work in the healthcare field. Since the employers in the hospitals and nursing homes are increasing the use of electronic systems.
Therefore, they need qualified people for coding jobs online who can use these online systems. It is a secure career in the healthcare sector in the United States. You will become a trained medical coder then you can get remote coder jobs CPC in any reputed organization.
What is medical coding jobs?
Whenever you visit a doctor or a physician, he or she notes down your medical history, records your illness symptoms and then may refer you for pathological tests. You then go ahead and perform the required medical tests as per the doctor’s prescription and obtain the results. The medical test results are scrutinized by the doctor for carrying on diagnosis and treatment.
As per the summary of the definition stated by AAPC, American Academy of Professional Coders, medical coding essentially implies transforming the above-mentioned diagnosis procedures including the medical test results into universal medical alphanumeric codes. Well, you may be wondering, why is this transformation at all required? Medical coding is leveraged to pay the healthcare service providers depending on the diagnosis quality, treatments, and the medical services provided.
Interesting Fact: Though the task of a medical coder seems to be tough, once you are acquainted with the norms and procedures it is one of the easiest and smooth remote jobs to opt for.
What is medical billing jobs?
Healthcare service providers submit their claims to the health insurance companies for the services and treatments rendered to the patients. The insurance companies pay them as per the submitted documents containing the diagnosis details, treatments provided, services offered and medical tests done. It may require additional follow up or sometimes dispute resolution for receiving the requisite payment against the claims.
Fact to remember: You can easily relate this to a situation when you submit your health insurance details while being admitted to a hospital. You need not pay the fees for the treatment and services provided instead the insurance company pays on your behalf. But for availing the facility, the healthcare service provided needs to submit all the requisite documents for approval and payment.
Suggested read: Working from home with kids – Parent’s guide to remote working
Top 12 remote medical coding jobs
There are many job titles and career paths in online medical coding and billing fields. Still, there can be variations in the job responsibilities for specific positions of coder and biller in the healthcare sector. Some of the career paths in remote medical billing and coding jobs include,
1. Medical Records Coordinator
A person working as a medical records coordinator makes updates while preparing the patient’s data. Apply for medical coding jobs from home entry level that are looking for medical records coordinator
2. Medical Coder
The role of a medical coder is to review the patient’s record file and then transform them into universal codes of insurance companies.
3. Medical Coding Specialist
A medical coding specialist analyzes the medical data in the patient’s records.
4. Medical Billing Specialist
The medical billing specialist is responsible for the claim process work in medical billings jobs remote. He or she does the claim processing work in the medical sector.
5. Medical Records Technician
The medical records technicians who are working in medical coding jobs remote handle the responsibility of managing the patient’s data.
6. Health Information Specialist
Using the code classification system, the health information specialist manages and organizes health data.
7. Medical Records Clerk
In a health facility, a medical records clerk manages the patient’s record file.
8. Health Information Clerk
The duty of a health information clerk is to organizing and managing the patient’s record in a health facility.
9. Medical Records Analyst
A medical records analyst performs multiple tasks of collecting, organizing, and analyzing patient health records data.
10. Health Information Technician
The job role of a health information technician is to manage a patient’s health information data.
11. Medical Billing Manager
A medical billing manager does the negotiation in insurance contracts with insurance companies and track payments.
12. Medical Records Director
The role of a medical records director is to plan the overall policies of the medical records department.
Why remote medical coding jobs?
Before we move ahead in discussing the pre-requisites for remote medical coding jobs and the companies which offer such job opportunities, let us discuss why one should opt for such a job.
1. A Noble and Rewarding Job
Being part of the healthcare services industry is considered to be one of the noble and rewarding jobs. This is mainly because of the services offered to the citizens of the country which generally involves lifesaving and ensuring the good health of people.
The role of a medical coder or biller is to ensure there are no significant mistakes in diagnosis or services offered by the healthcare service providers. It also ensures the payments and billings are made as per the healthcare norms.
2. Flexible Work from Home opportunity
The companies offering remote medical coding and billing jobs prefer individuals working from home either in a full time or part time mode. They often work on a contract basis thus allowing you the privilege to work as per your flexible time and convenience. Some companies even provide you with the technology set up required to work from home for better work experience.
3. Numerous Job Vacancies in the market
There are a plethora of job opportunities available for medical coders and billers. You can be present in any part of the world and apply for the vacancies. The requirements are either 2 or 3 years of experience with the relevant certifications.
The demand for medical coders and billers is increasing significantly, demanding a high flow of recruitments to fulfill the job requirements. You will never be left disappointed once you venture into the area of medical coding and billing.
4. High career growth
If you are wondering about whether there are possibilities for career growth in the field of medical coding and billing? The answer is Yes. All the companies hiring medical coders and billers have career growth plans which depend on your achievements and certifications.
You need to be consistent and patient with your work assignments and abide by the rules and policies of the company. This will result in obtaining significant work experience and expertise for rising above the career ladder.
Suggested read: Contemplating Career Change? – Here’s all you need to know
Pre-requisites for remote medical coding jobs
As part of remote medical coding job requirements, first and foremost you need to acquire certifications or degrees related to health and life science. In the United States of America, it is mandatory to be an RHIA, Registered Health Information Administrator, which is a 4-year degree course.
In countries like India, it is essential to possess a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree, especially in the life science domain. The other certifications which are quite popular to apply for remote medical billing jobs and medical coding jobs are,
- CPC, Certified Professional Coder
- RHIT, Registered Health Information Technician, which involves a 2-year degree course
- CCS, Certified Coding Specialist
Important Tips: Please check for online courses and certifications along with their authenticity and reliability before registering for the same.
Qualification needed for remote medical coding jobs
Remote medical coding and billing is an in-demand career option in the medical sector. A medical coder is responsible for extracting information from the patient’s medical history. Then, prepare the file so that the doctor can start the patient’s treatment process.
- Mostly the employers need an associate degree and certificate course for medical coder and billing jobs.
- A candidate must have proper knowledge about the medical codes.
- In a professional course, a candidate studies the following subjects:
- Diagnostic Coding
- Procedural Coding
- Billing and Coding Application
- Introduction to Computers
- Introduction to Healthcare Communication
- Medical Terminology
- Medical Law and Ethics
- Records Management
- Healthcare Settings, Claim Cycle, and Claims Processing
- Anatomy, Physiology, and Pathophysiology
- The person should have proper knowledge of medical terminology.
Before applying to any remote coding jobs entry level you should check out the list of skills and qualifications provided above to become a medical coder. It will help you to become a better medical coder remote.
Skills for medical coding and billing
Below is a summary of key skills needed while being on remote medical coding jobs,
- Expertise in anatomy and physiology
- Acquaintance with the medical procedures and activities
- The medical policies and rules for payments
- Aware of the health insurance guidelines of the respective countries or regions
- Familiar with accounting and bookkeeping processes
- Proficient in analysis and problem solving
- Good communication skills
- Knowledge of computer basics
- Possess a cheerful and calm mentality
- Efficient in handling customer services
- Capable to handle multiple tasks
- Able to handle the confidentiality of patients
- Excellent planning and organization capabilities
Certification to get remote medical coding jobs
You want to start your career as a remote medical coder and biller. Then, you must know the fundamentals of medical terms. There are some certificate courses and you can choose the course that suits your expectations.
- Certified Professional Coder (CPC)
- Certified Outpatient Coder (COC)
- Certified Inpatient Coder (CIC)
- Certified Risk Adjustment Coder (CRC)
The list of advanced coding courses are,
- Advanced ICD-10-CM Code Set Training
- Advanced Neurology and Neurosurgery Coding Course
- Behavioral Health Coding Training
- Denial Resolution
- Dental Billing and Coding with Medical Cross Coding
- EHR and EMR Specialist Course
- Evaluation and Management (E/M) Online Training
- Home Health Coding Course
- MACRA Proficiency Course
- Skilled Nurse Facility Coding Course
These courses and certifications will help you to get good remote medical billing and remote part-time coding jobs.
Roles and responsibilities of remote medical coding jobs
The careers of remote medical billing and coders are fast-paced. They are an important connection between patients and healthcare providers. The remote coder and medical biller generally have the same sort of duties to follow.
From clinics to hospitals, they have to use the medical codes in preparing the patients’ documents. The medical coding recruiters want that their staff should follow all their responsibilities while working in their medical billing in coding jobs remote.
Therefore, they clearly mention their requirements for coding positions in medical coding openings. Therefore, the roles and responsibilities of medical coders in their remote coding positions while working in medical coding jobs online are,
- Reading & Analyzing the records of patients: The entry-level medical coder and biller prepare the patients’ records. It helps the doctor to start the treatment of the patients who visited them. In their job as a remote medical coder, they have to keep track of the complete medical records of the patients.
- Determine correct codes while preparing patients’ records: It is the duty of the remote medical coder to use the correct medical codes to prepare the patients’ record files.
- Using medical codes to prepare bills for patient’s insurance claims: In the remote medical coding and billing jobs, the staff involved should have proper knowledge of medical codes. They have to prepare bills that can help the patient to get a health insurance claim.
- To ensure accuracy interacting with doctors and assistants: The people doing remote coding and billing jobs should interact with the doctors and assistants regularly to ensure their work accuracy.
- Keep patient’s data coming to meet the doctor for multiple visits: Remote medical coders have to keep the patient’s data in the proper place. Many patients come for multiple visits to meet the doctor.
Top 10 tools needed for remote medical coding jobs
The remote medical coders rely on several tools so that they can do their job efficiently. They trust the tools that are reliable to do their remote medical coding and billing job efficiently. Therefore, the 10 tools needed to do their medical coding and billing jobs online perfectly are,
- Specialty Societies: Certain websites like the American Academy of Otolaryngology provide the surgery guidelines for residents in specialty societies.
- The Big Book: It has known as medical coding’s billing bible that contains around 10K rules of the medical field useful in entry-level remote coding jobs to understand the medical terms.
- Coding Cross-Walk: It is a convenient tool to make billing work easier for medical coder involved in remote coding jobs from home. The billing staff uses this tool.
- Medical Coding Software: It is common to use the software in the medical field. A few of them include 3M, SuperCoder, and Ingenix. These types of tools have made the job of entry-level remote medical coders and billers
- SuperBill: It is the best partner for the billers in the remote medical billing and coding jobs. Additionally, SuperBill is a cheat sheet that contains 20 to 50 common procedures that doctors can do to treat the patients.
- Medical Billing Software: The medical billing software is the best friend for remote coding jobs. Some medical billing software like Lytec and Medisoft do online scheduling and billing work in online medical billing jobs.
- Medical Dictionary: You can get all the medical terms that are available in this medical dictionary. You can search for unfamiliar terms while working on remote coding positions.
- Novitas Solution: It is an administrative service website useful for medical coding and billing jobs. The organizations that provide health insurance and medicare use this service website for preparing client claims.
- Medicare Learning Network (MLN): Medicare Learning Network is a global surgery booklet that provides details of the global surgeries. It includes the pricing of the surgeries.
- PTP Coding Edits: It is used in preparing medical claims for patients. Furthermore, they are not applicable in preparing inpatient claims.
Further Read: How to earn money during COVID-19 quarantine?
Type of firms hire for work from home medical coding and billing jobs
Medical coders and billers are essentially required mostly in hospitals, nursing homes, medical institutes, and clinics. Additionally, there are also other firms and companies which specifically offer work from home medical billing and coding jobs.
They include offices of Doctors or Physicians, Insurance agencies, Healthcare consulting services, Government agencies, and even educational institutions. We have seen there is an exponential increase in the demand for medical coding jobs, remote medical coder and remote medical coding jobs in the past years. Many national and international remote coder companies medical coding jobs are hiring suitable employees for their organization.
Top companies offering remote medical coding and medical billing jobs
The demand for remote or work from home medical coders and billers have exponentially increased in the modern world. More and more companies and agencies are preferring to hire remote professionals for their medical coding and billing activities.
Let us find out some of the key companies offering remote medical coding jobs as well as billing jobs. The best remote companies to work for are as follows.
Jelvix is a global technology consultancy assembling top-notch engineering teams for innovation-driven businesses worldwide. Jelvix empowers healthcare providers with innovative solutions that automate processes, improve treatment outcomes and the patient experience, and reduce costs.
We serve as a technology partner leading digital transformation for best business outcomes. Our approach to full-lifecycle software development combines business analysis, UI/UX design, as well as Agile engineering and delivery.
It is one of the most popular companies which offers both full time and part-time remote coding jobs and billing jobs in the medical arena. You will get the opportunity to work for different patient services in outdoor, indoor, psychiatric departments, and many more.
The company is known to provide services to numerous health care service providers and systems. Its work from home medical coding jobs are based on an agreement with the remote employees. Serving for almost 20 years, it is one of the reliable companies to search for remote coding jobs and medical jobs.
Note: Aviacode hires only certified coders from any part of the world, claiming to consist of almost 700 AAPC or AHIMA certified coders and auditors.
Operating for a whopping 35 years, the company has been providing excellent support to many healthcare service providers. It frequently publishes a list of remote medical coding jobs and billing jobs with the option to select from its range of specialization areas and domains.
Based on your expertise and skill, you can select your preferred area and apply for the job. Additionally, the company provides consulting services providing expert analysis and modeling for detecting risks and achieve efficient coding accuracy.
Interesting fact: Lexicode offers online training programs for medical coding auditing through its various tools and technology innovations.
4. Conifer Health Solutions
The organization is significant in offering work from home medical billing and coding jobs. It looks for individuals who are proficient in health care systems reimbursement or payments and also expert in handling risks and mitigate the same.
Serving a huge customer base of healthcare service providers and healthcare systems, the company ensures service based on ethics and compliance.
Important Tips: It is advised to frequently check the site for any new job posting advertisements. The application process for jobs is completely online where you need to enter details of your experience, educational qualifications and certifications, contact details, and so on.
It is considered one of the popular and largest health care insurance providers. The company has numerous job opportunities for remote and work from home professionals related to medical coding and medical billing.
You may be required to occasionally travel to their headquarters, but it is not a mandatory obligation. Humana has been a pioneer in providing medical insurance and coding services to different customers worldwide.
Among its many solutions and services, the company is well known for medical coding and auditing services to several hospitals and offices of physicians. It offers job opportunities in various areas of medical coding which includes Neurology, Ophthalmology, Cardiology, Orthopedic, Radiology, Urology, and many more.
iMedX is comprised of experienced and dedicated medical coding professionals, offering quality services. You need to frequently check their website for a listing of remote medical coding jobs.
7. United Health Group
Known as the world’s largest health care service provider, the company has been consistently posting vacancies for medical coders and billers. It serves more than 130 countries in the world, offering health care services and benefits to its customers.
To apply for its online medical coding jobs, you need to visit their careers section. Their hiring process involves digital interviewing from any part of the world. They also conduct virtual events and update their website regularly of the available job opportunities.
Important Information: The company website allows you to select your country and location and then search for jobs as per your preference. Experience and certifications are some of the criteria required to apply for online medical coding jobs at United Health Group.
8. Maxim Healthcare Services
Operating for almost 30 years in the world of healthcare services, the company has been prominent in offering medical coding and billing jobs for work from home individuals. The company has partnerships with the prominent John Hopkins School of Nursing.
You need to visit their careers section to search for full time and part-time remote coding jobs from its huge list of openings. You can either enter your city and zip code to search for jobs or browse through their list of open job positions.
9. Change Healthcare
The company has been significant in providing solutions related to data and analytics, enabling customers to streamline their billing and payment processes. It is always on the lookout for talented healthcare professionals specializing in the area of medical coding and billing and many more.
On the company’s website, you can click on “Search for Jobs” option and search for jobs under different job categories. You can sort the jobs based on country, region, and full or part-time options.
10. nThrive Global
The company operates 24 X 7 in offering revenue cycle management solutions to various healthcare organizations. It needs a minimum of 2 years of experience and certification for being part of its elite group of medical coding professionals.
It expects the applicants to possess knowledge of anatomy and physiology, well versed with medical jargon, aware of pathophysiology and pharmacology. The candidates need to undergo an assessment test before being hired into the company.
Important Information: The company hires work from home professionals and offers them computers and other technical guidance to start on their work. A strong management team constantly guides the employees to improve their skills and way of working.
11. The Coding Network or TCN
It is a US-based company specializing in remote medical coding for its huge customer network consisting of physicians, hospitals, surgeons, and surgical centers. They provide innovative solutions in achieving optimization in payment, billing, and collections cycle. Their Home Page has a link to submit your resume.
The section consists of the medical coding job checklist for hiring remote professionals. It mentions the minimum need of 3 years of experience for applicants with active certifications in CPC or RHIA r RHIT or CCS etc. You can select up to 3 job titles and search for job opportunities related to them.
12. Medical Record Associates
The company has been providing effective and innovative solutions on revenue cycle management and health information management to its customers in the healthcare domain for more than 30 years.
It consists of well trained and experienced medical coding professionals, enabling clients to gather financial insights and overcome their medical coding challenges. The company demands 3 years of experience and certifications related to medical coding and billing as mentioned at the beginning of the article.
In the careers section of the company’s website, you need to enter your First and Last Name, Email id, Phone Number, and options like Full Time, Part Time, or both. Once the information is entered, you can search for the jobs listed on the website.
13. Altegra Health
It is a privately owned company based in the US and operating for almost 25 years in the healthcare services domain. The company offers next-generation payment solutions with advanced technologies and digital innovations to healthcare providers.
This enables optimization in the revenue management and accuracy in the reimbursement cycle leading to better financial performance. The company offers job opportunities for remote and work from home professionals specializing in medical coding and billing functions. It is good for beginners since it demands only a minimum of 1-year experience.
14. Himagine Solutions
It is a private healthcare outsourcing company in the USA providing remote coding jobs. Himagine works with the physician group, children’s hospital, secondary market facilities, and large health systems.
15. Peak Health Solutions
A mid-revenue cycle solutions provider company to acute care and physician practice. It works in medical coding, client documentation, and improvement work. The company actively hiring people for entry-level remote medical coding jobs.
16. Children’s Hospital Colorado
At the Children’s Hospital Colorado, the doctors specially treat all the children. They try to make them healthy and bring a smile to their faces. You can get coding jobs online in this organization.
17. University of Kentucky
The University of Kentucky has 20 schools and around 27k students are studying over there. It is among the best organizations to work in remote medical coding and billing jobs.
18. Insight Global
It is a national medical staffing and sourcing company that specializes in government accounting, finance, and technology.
19. Kaiser Permanente
An American integrated company headquartered in Oakland, California founded in the year 1945. It is among the largest nonprofit organization in the healthcare sector. Get secured remote CPC jobs in this organization.
A company, which is giving his at best, services in the healthcare services and hospital industry. One of the best remote medical coding companies recruiting staff for entry level medical billing and coding jobs.
21. Presbyterian Healthcare Services
Presbyterian Healthcare Services is continuously working to improve the healthcare of patients, members, and the communities that we serve. It is a locally owned and operated nonprofit organization in the healthcare field that started in 1908. 900 people are part of the multi-specialty medical group serving society and giving jobs in medical coding
22. Advocate Aurora Health
It is a not-for-profit health care organization headquartered in Milwaukee, Wisconsin. The system has around 150 clinics, 15 hospitals, and 70 pharmacies. Around 32,000 people are working there in the medical billing and coding jobs remote.
23. US Acute Health Solutions
It is the national leader in providing medical emergency services and remote part-time medical coding jobs. The organization has associated with the other healthcare facilities in the United States.
Cigna is an American worldwide healthcare organization based in Bloomfield, Connecticut. The company provides healthcare insurance services.
25. Sanford Health
In the United States, Sanford Health is the largest nonprofit health system headquartered in Sioux Falls, South Dakota. Well-qualified people are working in this organization on the remote radiology coding jobs. It is dedicated to providing affordable healthcare and insurance services.
26. Trinity Health
Trinity Health is the largest multi-institutional Catholic healthcare system. It is serving 30 million across 22 states. It is among the companies that hire remote medical coders. Trinity Health has around 92 hospitals and 100 continuing care locations in the USA to serve the community.
Top job boards to find remote medical coding jobs
The future of healthcare is to make things smarter. Are you looking for remote medical coding and billing jobs? Here are the top 10 job boards from where you can find your entry-level medical coding and billing jobs,
- Health eCareers: It is more than a job board. Furthermore, a place offers you all information about the medical industry. You can search for any kind of medical job including remote coding jobs from home. An online place specially designed to find the remote CPC jobs The user-friendly design is the main advantage of this website.
- JAMA Career Center: JAMA is the Journal of the American Medical Association. It is a career center designed for passive and active job seekers looking for jobs in part time remote medical coding jobs.
- Medical Jobs: It is an information-first resource platform website specially prepared for healthcare professionals. You can find a comparison tool on the website that can tell about the remote medical coding and billing jobs and entry level remote medical coding jobs perfect for you.
- MedJobsCafe: The job seekers can create their customized profiles on the website and upload the CV to search for remote inpatient coding jobs, remote medical coding jobs entry level, billing and coding jobs from home. The employers looking for employees can select qualified candidates for their organization.
- Medzilla: It is among the oldest websites started in the year 1994 to find remote CPC jobs and online medical coding jobs in remote coding companies. You can search remote medical coder and billing jobs, pharma, doctor, nurses and therapists jobs. The job search feature is free for job seekers on Medzilla website.
- HealthJobsNationwide: It is the country’s largest job boarding platform active for the last 20 years. On the website, there are 1.5 million job listings from remote medical coding entry-level jobs, medical coder jobs remote, remote coding jobs CPC to other medical jobs.
- HospitalCareers: The name of this online platform suggests it is an efficient place to get medical professional jobs. This website partners with 20 hospitals and the employers have to pay an annual fee so that their remote entry level coding jobs can feature on the website.
- MomMD: It is a dedicated platform for the women working in the medicine field. Furthermore, MomMD is the largest website where females can search for doctor jobs, nurses, and remote entry-level medical coder and billing jobs.
- Health Career Center: An all-in-one job search tool supports 3 million members from the 330 healthcare groups in the USA. Job seekers looking for online medical coding jobs can get other professional services like career learning, coaching, and webinars. Using these services, they can maximize their skills.
- CareerVitals: It is a job board and well-connected network of healthcare employers looking for remote medical coders for their organizations. This seek provides a smooth application process for the job seekers applying in medical coding openings.
Note: The companies listed above strictly follow their hiring norms and employment terms. You must go through each of the company’s website to understand the rules and policies before applying for the jobs.
Each website specifies the remote medical coding job checklist highlighting the experience, certifications, and educational qualifications required. You must ensure that you fit into those specifications to avoid any kind of rejection after applying for the vacancies or jobs.
Top resume elements of remote medical coding jobs
Medical coders help the doctors to determine the right treatment for patients. They offer complete information about patient medical records and past medical history. They are involved in the admission and discharge of patients from the medical centers.
The person should summarize all things about their certifications and experience while applying for remote medical coding jobs. Key Elements every application must remember to write in their resume applying for online medical coding jobs in remote coding companies,
- Mention complete information about their medical coding certification.
- You should write a professional summary describing your career and working experience.
- Then, you should mention your work experience as a medical coder.
- In which organization, you have worked.
- Do not forget to mention your skills in the resume.
- At last, keep all the things in your resume short.
- Employers spend a maximum of 6 to 8 seconds on your resume when you go for the medical coder job interview.
These are some essential things medical coding recruiters to look for while hiring staff for remote coding positions.
Remote medical coding jobs pay structures
Maximum people are planning to start working remote medical coder/billing department. They are looking for remote medical coding jobs too. Before applying for remote coding jobs, you should be aware of a medical coder’s salary structure.
An entry-level medical coder earns an annual salary of $43K in the medical coding remote jobs entry level. It is much higher than the average income of a US citizen. These details have been revealed through a survey conducted on 1800 people.
Still, many people are thinking that medical coding is a dying career. It is not true according to the reports of BLS; online medical coding/billing career growth recorded 11% in ten years. Top organizations in the medical sector are regularly hiring staff for medical coding jobs entry level.
You want job security then remote medical coding is a suitable career option for you. The highest possible salaries of medical coders working in part-time remote outpatient coding jobs are $70K-$80K.
Entry level remote medical coding jobs
Remote Medical Coding is the easiest career option that you can choose to work from home. You need to earn proper medical coding certification to apply for the entry-level coder jobs. Many reputed companies Ensemble Health Partners, Excite Health Partners, Cancer Treatment Centers of America, and Landmark Health are hiring candidates for entry-level medical coding jobs online.
At the entry-level, there is high competition to secure entry level coding jobs remote. You can get the job if you have proper knowledge and certifications. In the USA, an entry-level coder earns $43K annually income which higher than the average income of an American citizen.
How much do remote medical coders make?
Many people are determining to start their career as a medical coder or not. According to indeed.com, the salary of an online coder entry level is $43K in entry level medical billing and coding jobs from home. It is higher than the average income of a person in the USA. You will work on remote coding positions and gain experience. Then, it will help to make money in your remote coding job.
Can you work remotely as a medical coder?
Online medical coding is among the easiest careers you can do work from home. It is possible only when you secure a job in a reputed organization in the healthcare sector. Apart from that, you can work as an independent contractor or employee with the companies that hire medical coders at remote coding positions. It depends on what you choose.
Is there a high demand for medical coders?
Medical coding is among the most in-demand professions. The Bureau of Labor Standards has listed medical coding among the 20 fastest growing careers of all time. The online coding job is a good career choice due to the job security factor. In the economic slowdown, the demand for healthcare technicians remains high.
How much a certified medical coder makes an hour?
A certified medical coder earns around $20-$25 in an hour. The hourly income of a medical coder depends on his certifications and work experience. Within time, the hourly income of the medical coder increases. He or She gets aware of the latest things happening in coding.
What pays more medical billing or coding?
According to the Bureau of Labor Standards records, the medical coding coder earns around $21 per hour. Therefore, the yearly salary of the coder is around $60K. On the other hand, a person working in the billing department earns $19 per hour and his annual salary is $44K. The medical coding career pays you more than a billing one in medical coding remote job.
Also Read: Hire Bookkeepers | A complete guide
Is medical coding a dying career?
No, medical coding is not a dying career. The medical coders who have a Medical Coding Certification are high in demand. In the future, technological advancement will make responsibilities easier in this field. Every healthcare facility needs qualified coders. You need to learn the new medical coding trends and keep yourself updated.
Parting thoughts of remote medical coding jobs
Remote Medical Coding Jobs is an in-demand career option in the medical field. The people who want a secured job can choose the entry-level remote medical coding and billing jobs. The growth rate of the medical coding job from 2016-2026 is around 22%.
It is a well-paying job in the United States. You should check are you ready to work as a medical coder in any healthcare facility. Then, you can start your career after completing the essential certificate courses. Find nursing coding, radiology coding jobs, and medical coding jobs entry level from the online job portals.