Here is one comprehensive coverage of the best timeline makers available in the market, along with their features, pros, and cons. Read on!
There is no shortage of timeline makers in the market. You can choose the timeline maker, depending on the type of timeline you need to create – work, personal use, education. Additionally, you will also have to choose the timeline maker based on your budget. Some of them are available for free.
Whether you belong to an enterprise, or you are a student, or just a person trying to accomplish a target or finish a task, it is always easier to break the process down into smaller milestones. This way, it will be easier for you and your teammates to keep up on the latest updates.
An even more natural way to achieve your goal is to build a timeline! A timeline maker will make this task very easy for you. We recommend that everybody gets a suitable timeline maker according to one’s needs.
Did you know? Different experiments have shown that the human brain absorbs visual data 60,000 times quicker than text.
Also Read: Remote work habits | A comprehensive guide
What is a timeline and timeline generator?
Before you jump straight ahead into searching for the best timeline maker, take a minute to get a clear idea on what exactly is a timeline. Timelines are not mere visual representations of details, but they also help to categorize the processes involved in the completion and implementation of literally every project ever undertaken.
They are a great resource to build a deep understanding and get a simple rundown of what is going on. The timeline may be professional, personal, or educational. Dates and time are the critical elements of a typical timeline. Some of the most popular implementations can be seen in the fields of Historical Studies and Project Management.
What is a timeline creator?
A timeline creator helps in making timelines that serve as a great visual tool in business presentations, educational learning, etc. Timeline creator helps in building beautiful, full-color, multimedia, and interactive timelines. Timelines are linear organizers that help users make their points more visual and coherent.
How to create a timeline?
It is safe to conclude that timelines are a better way to convey details in chronological order than plain text. They are easily understandable and save a lot of time that would have otherwise been spent on reading. Now, it is time to understand how to make one.
Before we start, it must be remembered that there are multiple kinds of timelines. Some are intended for educational purposes, while others are designed for companies and organizations. There are, nonetheless, several common points to be remembered for each archetypal timeline. These points are given below,
- First, the goal must be clearly defined. Consider two things: the title of the timeline, and the time frame it spans.
- Then, you must research as much as possible. Consider how much detail you can incorporate in the timeline.
- Next, you should arrange this information and plan what kind of features have to come first and what must come next.
- Finally, you can create your timeline. The details can now be put into the best timeline maker you choose for your tasks.
1. How to make a timeline online
An online timeline maker allows you to create timelines online without having to download the software. All you have to do is to create an account by signing up with an email. Choose from hundreds of different templates and share your timeline with others.
2. How to make a history timeline
- Decide what kind of events the timeline will show
- Pick the different events that you wish for the timeline to show
- Research and note the specific dates
- List the events in chronological order
- Decide unit of time
- Start mapping everything with the help of a timeline maker
3. How to make a timeline on pages
Let us see the different steps needed to make a professional-looking timeline using the popular word processor for Mac,
- Add a 2D bubble chart to the pages document
- Add Project data to the bubble chart
- Include key details and format the graphic
- Customize your timeline
4. How to make an interactive timeline
Let us look at some common points that would help us create an interactive timeline,
- Think about the title of the timeline
- Decide the time period it would cover
- Research a lot
- Organize the information chronologically
Build your timeline in the chosen timeline maker
Also Read: Office management | A complete guide
Checklist to make the most effective timeline
If your timeline is to be accurate and presentable, you may want to take note of the following,
- Make sure it is neat and easy to understand. Avoid the clumsiness, always
- Do not include something if you are not entirely sure about it. Provide only reliable information
- Your timetable needs to be scalable. As you move towards your objective, there would be a number of things that have to be modified. The timeline will then need to be adapted accordingly
- Define your end target and outcomes inside your timeline
- Steer clear from definitions and use markers for incidents and milestones instead
Components to look for in a timeline maker
The number of choices available with regard to a timeline builder is enormous. These can be so easy to use that any layman can get hold of them, or they could have techniques that could take days for one to understand. Give here, however, are the most critical features that make a timeline builder stand out,
- Models and diagrams: A timeline software with a massive library of layouts, designs, shapes and graphics, saves a lot of time and energy compared to when you begin right from scratch.
- Cloud storage: This means that your information is accessible from anywhere and that you can keep operating from where you left using any device.
- Embed facility: It will work in both ways; you must be able to link your timeline to your website and link external content to your timeline.
- Collaboration: When you work in a team, it is essential that your timeline software encourages numerous content creators to work together.
- Responsiveness: When your timeline appears perfect on your screen but appears truncated on your phone, you would have to look for another timeline app.
- Customization: Not every timeline maker contains every feature, but with customization options, you can get precisely what you require. From events to data types, milestones to backgrounds, the more configuration choices you have, the better your performance will be.
10 best timeline software of 2021
There are several timeline creators available to choose from. Given below is a list of the best timeline creators of 2021.
1. Visme – the timeline app
Visme is renowned for being used by many high-end brands like Netflix and IBM. It has an interactive timeline maker that enables team collaborations. Visme has a user base of over 4.5 million. It has a wide variety of timeline templates.
Users may choose or build their designs with icons, colors, and backgrounds of their preference. Users can customize every element of their timelines using built-in expansion tools. It is no wonder that Visme is often alluded to be the best timeline maker.
Features of Visme timeline app,
- You can turn any current project into a template and build custom information much quicker.
- Select your own brand colors so that you or your team cannot add colors beyond the shades of your own company.
- Share concept designs across various projects; any improvements you make will be replicated in all projects that include the design.
- Monitor the number of visitors and the length of visits to your documented timelines.
- Create and store an unlimited number of projects.
- You can build timelines in HTML5 and share them with a URL.
Price details of Visme timeline app,
- Single: $25 per month, for 1 user, unlimited projects, 10 GB of storage, HTML5 download, slide collection, and privacy controls.
- Team: $75 per month for 3 users, for everything from the Single package with additions of features like: attach and manage accounts and 10 GB of storage per account.
- Enterprise: Depends on the quote, for everything from the Team Program with additions of features like: unlimited tasks, 25 GB of storage per account, and Single Sign-On (SSO).
Pros of Visme timeline app,
- Fair price point considering the myriad variety of features presented by the timeline maker
- Extremely good customer service
- Presents a large number of templates for slideshows and marketing materials
Cons of Visme timeline app,
- Lower-priced plans are too restrictive with limited features
- No support feature for guest collaborators
- Expensive long-term plans
2. Timetoast for creating a timeline in a jiffy
A free timeline maker, Timetoast positions itself as something of a storyteller. It is a user-friendly program that lets you build your own timeline instantly. Vibrant color schemes and eye-catching designs make Timetoast the best online timeline maker for children.
It proves to be a handy tool in the development of educational assignments and projects. Like a social media forum, users can post their content on the Timetoast website. There are several categories available on-site, including Music, Film, Science & Technology, Business, Politics, and more.
Features of Timetoast,
- Add events or multi-date time frames and immediately add text, pictures, or links.
- Automatically place your activities on the relevant timescale.
- Zoom into the timeline and pan it.
- Extra date options like BCE dates, year-only dates, as well as dates with a specific month and day.
- Adaptable to any size of the screen with a responsive timeline design.
- Open timelines in both horizontal and list styles.
Price details of Timetoast,
- Public: Free of charge, for a single person, includes advertisements, 1 draft timeline, limitless public timelines.
- Basic: USD 6 per month, for 5 users, no advertisements, unlimited draft timelines, unlimited public timelines, embed timelines, and collaboration.
- Pro: USD 9 per month, for 35 users, no advertisements, unlimited draft timelines, unlimited public timelines, timelines embedded, and customized embed colors.
Pros of Timetoast,
- A simple tool that helps students in learning sequence, growth, change, and effective visual communication.
- Timelines can be viewed both horizontally and vertically, they can even be printed easily.
Cons of Timetoast,
- Ads on the free version can be distracting
- Lack of shareable, private timelines limits student use
3. Preceden for the best visual timeline experience
An insightful and swift resource with impressive aesthetics, Preceden is a free timeline maker. It allows you to configure your timelines effectively. Using this interactive timeline maker, you can attach a title, date, and explanation.
Preceden is an online timeline maker. Therefore, it is fully compatible with every operating system and web browser. It is equally beneficial for students and professional users alike.
Features of Preceden,
- Hold the timeline structured by inserting “layers” to the category of relevant events.
- Add events one by one or use a bulk editor to quickly add several events.
- Insert a legend into your timeline to steer viewers to what every color symbolizes.
- Rather than selecting a particular date, simply specify “2 weeks” (for example) and Preceden will automatically generate the end date for you.
- Gain the attention of the viewer to significant events by identifying them as milestones.
- Add your timeline to be viewed on other websites.
Price details of Preceden,
- Free: Build 1 timeline for no cost with a limit of 10 events.
- Student: Build 1 history timeline with unlimited events at $30.
- Basic: Build 1 timeline with unlimited events at $70.
- Pro: At $130, build unlimited timelines with unlimited events and work with others.
Pros of Preceden,
- Provides different layers to organize timelines
- Online timeline maker
- Enables easy sharing with others
- The export timeline feature is available even on the free plan
- Offers several customization options on a need basis
Cons of Preceden,
- All the timelines on the free version are viewable to the public all the time.
4. Edraw Max – to make a timeline online
It is a digital timeline maker, ideally suited for developing vector-based timelines. You can attach activities or periods to your Edraw Max timelines. Users can conveniently build professional timelines using this program. You can quickly learn to use this printable timeline maker by yourself and will not require any qualified support in this regard.
Features of Edraw Max,
- Advanced functionality with automated functions assisted by the drag-and-drop framework and point-and-click editor.
- Import or export files to a range of common file types, like Visio, PDF, Word, PPT, JPEG, Html, etc.
- Generate more than 280 diagrams seamlessly. You can create timelines in only 10 minutes!
- Edraw Cloud Sync allows several team members to work freely on the same project.
- Cross-platform compatibility allows it to operate smoothly on both desktop and mobile devices.
- You can create flow charts, mind maps, structure charts, network diagrams, and floor plans with a broad variety of examples and models.
- Create task dependency, allocate resources, set goals and milestones.
Price details of Edraw Max,
- Sketch: $100, for 1 year of updates and Sketch Cloud.
- Pingboard: Organization of charts, plan and interact, directory and profiles, calendar, and mobile apps for free.
- Samepage: Unlimited members and visitors, unlimited teams and sub-teams, pages, chat and search history, and 2 GB of data for free.
Pros of Edraw Max,
- Quick customer support reachable via email or chat support
- Affordable pricing with a 30-day money-back policy
- Most of the features are available for free but you can also avail free trial to explore further
Cons of Edraw Max,
- There are hardly any cons that we could find, except a bit higher side pricing
Did you know? Mind maps are handy tools for retention and meaningful learning.
Also Read: Remote working tools | A comprehensive guide
5. Sutori to make your own timeline
Sutori is a famous digital timeline maker for teachers and students. This is often used for classroom presentations. It comes with a unique feature that helps you to enter quizzes inside your timelines. Sutori helps those in the education sector to develop interactive stories using a simple and effective interface.
Features of Sutori,
- Add more interactivity and collaboration by including quiz questions and a commenting feature inside the timeline.
- Several users can work on the same task in real-time, like a team or a classroom.
- Share your timeline plan by embedding Sutori in any social media platform or website.
- Use insightful student data to understand who is performing well and who needs support.
- Attach references, assumptions, and sources to the base of your timeline story.
- As a great timeline maker for teachers, it has dozens of pre-made stories made accessible to them for a number of subjects like American History, Social Studies, and so on.
Price details of Sutori,
Sutori sells 1 free and 5 paid plans. During the first 30 days, you can use all the features for free.
For educational usage,
- Essential: Simple features such as creating stories, adding text, photos, and timelines to your website for free.
- Unlimited: You can connect an infinite number of students to your account. Extra functionality like adding quizzes to timelines, configuration, class discussions and story analytics, and so on. Priced at $100 a year per teacher.
- Departments: Upgrade 6 teachers at once to Sutori Unlimited. Billed at $500 a year.
- Schools: School-wide license for unrestricted usage. Requires incorporation of the LTI. Billed at $2030 a year.
For business usage,
- Essential: Users can utilize basic story creation functionalities free of charge.
- Pro: Use unlimited branded stories and templates, and insert media and quizzes to your timelines for $400 per year.
Pros of Sutori
- A free version of Sutori is available
- Allows real-time collaboration of multiple users
- 30 days trial is available for creating timelines and exploring their services
- Provides intuitive interface
Cons of Sutori,
- Specifically designed for the classroom process
- New users may experience little difficulty in getting familiar with the interface
6. Make a time line online using ReadWriteThink
As the name indicates, ReadWriteThink is a specially designed timeline maker for students. It arrives with a unique feature that allows you to organize events at various times on the same date as well.
You can also use this timeline maker to label different components of your timelines with short or long descriptions. ReadWriteThink is easy to adapt and supports various levels of learning. Plus, it is entirely free!
Features of ReadWriteThink,
- Engineered for use in a school environment, this app includes a simple profile system that allows numerous students to build and store their own timelines using the same device.
- A smooth, minimal interface that allows students to create timelines by themselves.
- Users can send their editable.rwt files created in the Mac app to an email address and then access their timeline in its online version.
- Timelines can be structured by the time of day, date, or event for easy access.
- Cloud-saving functionality allows students to get back to work instantly and make modifications.
- The final work can be shared via e-mail or saved to the camera roll of the device.
Price details of ReadWriteThink,
This timeline maker for students is entirely free to use
Pros of ReadWriteThink,
- Free of cost
- Drag and drop functionality
- Allows saving the timeline and return to it whenever required
- Allows building timeline by day, date, or event
- Add images to make the timeline visually appealing
Cons of ReadWriteThink,
- No date ranges
- While printing, the long descriptions and timelines appear on different pages
Also Read: Distributed teams | A complete guide
7. Office Timeline for online timeline making
Office Timeline is an add-in digital timeline maker developed by Microsoft Office. It is utilized by professionals in all fields and enables them to quickly add timelines to their PowerPoint presentations.
If you are bored of using plain old timelines in your presentations and want to add something attractive, this is the perfect tool for you. It offers a lot of relatively simple templates for you to choose from.
Features of Office Timeline
- Build your PowerPoint timeline slides digitally.
- Operates inside PowerPoint or your preferred browser.
- Capacity to produce Gantt Charts and Swimlane Charts.
- Insert status indicators to project milestones so that you can easily track the health of your project.
- Create customized timelines with tasks both above and beneath the timeline.
- Display tasks and milestones scaled back to hours or minutes.
- With Tasks-in-a-Row, break down activities into sub-phases or workstreams.
Price details of Office Timeline
Office Timeline provides two types of uses and payment systems. You could either install the software as a PowerPoint add-in or use it digitally.
- Add-in: 1-year Pro license is $100 and 1-year plus license is $60. A Windows Operating System and a PowerPoint application will be required.
- Online: 1-year Plus license is $60. Will operate on any browser on both Windows and Mac operating systems.
Did you know? The Gantt chart is a tool for project management that assists in the planning and management of projects of any size, even though it is especially helpful for simplifying complex operations.
Pros of Office Timeline
- Comes with both offline and online tools
- Allows you to download timetables
- A free version of the timeline maker is available
- There are 39 different templates available
- Allows you to work inside PowerPoint
Cons of Office Timeline
- Allows only email sharing
- Not advisable to be used for complex projects
8. Time Graphics for more timeline pictures
Time. Graphics is an entirely free online timeline maker that was appreciated by Steve Jobs himself. It is praised by professionals and educators alike. Time Graphics enables individuals, students, and business professionals to quickly build Gantt charts without using any templates.
This timeline maker supports a variety of options for embedding various kinds of content into your online timelines. It has a straightforward interface that can easily be understood by users of all ages.
Features of Time Graphics,
- 8x better than 4k Ultra HD display.
- Various options for customizing your background.
- Assimilate with Google Drive, Google Search Console, Dropbox, and more.
- Download and print in many formats including PDF, PNG, JPG, PPT, JSON, XML, etc.
- Incorporates server reporting APIs for insightful analysis.
- It gives access to information from all countries.
- Insert timelines on your website or blog.
Price details of Time Graphics
- Free: Time Graphics is mainly open to use with all the essential features you to develop a timeline.
- Premium: At $15 per month, it offers some extra advantages, like media customizability, duplicate timelines, ad-free experience, no watermarks, background image choices, and custom date range.
Pros of Time Graphics
- A free version is ad-free and watermark-free
- Support SEO indexing
- Allows to embed timelines on your website and gives an option to make them public or private
Cons of Time Graphics,
- Only one timeline template to use
- Allows to create only one free timeline with up to 7 media links and 18 events
9. SmartDraw Timeline Builder
SmartDraw allows you to create timelines that offer a comprehensive overview of the chronology of activities in time. It is chiefly used by businesses and educators. SmartDraw enables users to link events, information, and images inside their timelines.
It has many famous names in its clientele – FedEx, Tesla, NIH, Nestle, SAP, and Pepsi. Whether it is a software deployment, process development, or planning, SmartDraw timelines effectively serve their purpose.
Features of SmartDraw,
- Irrespective of whether you add or remove events, SmartDraw re-aligns and auto-arranges all the components in your timeline.
- Build timelines on your computer, browser, or mobile device: Windows, Mac, Android, iOS, or any other platform with the internet.
- Export timeline to MS Office in one click.
- It is available in 100 languages.
- Confluence, Jira, MS Office, GSuite, and more integrations are available.
- It has more than 4,500 templates and 34,000 built-in symbols.
Price details of SmartDraw
- Single User: $296 for a one-time purchase, no monthly or yearly fees, 4,500 + Templates, and 34,000 + Symbols, contains both SmartDraw Windows Desktop and Online Editions.
- 5 + Users: $596 per year for same functionalities as the Single User Plan, but also includes multi-seat administration features.
Pros of SmartDraw,
- Compatible with Visio and LucidChart
- Useful for making flow charts and process maps
- User-friendly interface with a large variety of tools available
- Integrates with Microsoft Office, OneDrive, and Adobe suites
Cons of SmartDraw,
- The price of the yearly membership is too high
- Features on the online and desktop version are not the same
10. iSpring Suite Timeline Mapping
iSpring Suite is an iSpring Solutions product. With its basis on PowerPoint, it is a toolkit that lets you make slide-based courses, quizzes, dialogue simulations, screencasts, video lectures, as well as other interactive learning materials.
You can develop a wide range of interactive timelines using one of its tools called ‘Visuals.’ Among several other key timeline features, it allows users to upload hyperlinks, voice notes, audios, and videos to their timelines.
Features of iSpring Suite,
- Create timelines in HTML5 and share your URL.
- Integrate the events of your timeline into periods to make learning easier.
- Take advantage of a wide range of fonts and other text formatting choices.
- Easily add a video commentary, record a screencast, attach a quiz, and much more.
- Import multimedia documents or record voiceovers using the timeline maker.
- Safeguard timelines with a variety of content protection options.
- Timelines are supported by the SCORM format that can be used in your LMS.
Price details of iSpring Suite
- Free Trial: Given for 14 days.
- iSpring Suite: $77 per user per year. It includes a powerful toolkit to create courses, quizzes, and simulations.
- Full Service: $971 per user per year. It includes the iSpring Suite, Content Library, iSpring Cloud, and Priority Support.
Pros of iSpring Suite,
- Organized interface with ready-made templates available
- This timeline maker comes with a built-in audio recorder
- Allows users to create timelines in HTML5
- A free account is available for use
Cons of iSpring Suite,
- The free version is only available for 14 days
- It is only compatible with Windows Operating System
Top 3 free timeline maker software
Timelines are a great way to keep the information in an organized manner and have a quick overview of what’s going on. Dates and duration are the key components of a timeline. If you are looking for free software to create timelines, there are plenty to choose from.
The free timeline maker software needs you to register before you can start using them. They even allow users to export their work post-completion. We are going to look into the top 3 free timeline maker software available in the market to create interactive timelines,
1. Office Timeline – Timeline maker free version
This timeline maker is one of the most common ones in the market. It provides great visual opportunities to create free timelines along with milestones and Gantt charts. Users are presented with a lot more opportunities to present their timelines. A free version is available.
2. Event Viewpoint – Timeline create free
This is a free timeline maker that helps users track photos, videos, and life events. The timeline events created can be shared with the world, kept private, or shared with friends. This free service provides an interactive timeline that allows zooming, dragging, and previewing events.
3. Softschools Timeline Maker – Timeline software free
This is a very simple web application that lets you create a basic timeline. This timeline maker is suitable for educational purposes. However, it doesn’t allow the drag and drop option. Softschools timeline maker is free for use but does not support date ranges.
Also Read: Trust remote teams | A comprehensive guide
Top 3 free online timeline maker no download
The timeline maker software does not have to be downloaded into your system every time. Some of these timeline makers are available online for easy access from any device. All you have to do is sign up with a valid mail id and you are good to go.
They even save your work and allow you to return back whenever needed. They come with plenty of templates to choose from. We are going to look into the top 3 free online timeline maker no download software available in the market to create interactive timelines,
1. Sutori – Free timeline creator
Sutori is an online timeline maker that is mainly targeted at students and educators but also serves as a powerful tool for business needs. It has both free and paid accounts for teachers to use. It can integrate with a wide range of learning management software.
2. Venngage – Timeline creator free
Venngage timeline maker assures that anyone can make an engaging timeline through their online software program for free. They have a huge library of simple and easy-to-edit templates. The templates can be customized as per need in their online software without any hassle.
3. Creately – Free online timeline maker
This timeline maker provides the simplest ways to visualize timelines whether it is for personal projects, businesses, or schools. The timeline can be exported as JPEGs, PNGs, or PDFs for publishing and printing. Allows real-time collaboration with peers with the review or edit access.
Top 3 history timeline maker software
Timelines are certainly a better way of grasping information in chronological order as compared to plain text. They are easy to understand and saves the reader plenty of time. Historical timeline maker software is great for documenting the growth of your children, your business, or your club.
Several timeline maker software is available in the market with numerous templates to help create schedules, timetables, etc. You can even add photos or images to make it visually appealing. We are going to look into the top 3 history timeline maker software available in the market to create interactive timelines,
1. Timeline 3D – Historical timeline maker
This timeline maker is an excellent application that helps to make timelines for any subject. It enables users to create interactive timelines that can be viewed on a Mac and even mobile devices such as iPhone, iPad, and Androids. Timeline 3D is for both personal and professional use.
2. Edraw Timeline – Interactive history timeline
Edraw Timeline is useful for creating professional-looking timelines, history, schedules, timetables, and PERT diagrams. If you have been looking for an effective vertical timeline, this is the one for you. This timeline maker allows you to export to PDF, PowerPoint, Word, and Graphics.
3. Liniaa – To create historical timelines
This timeline software allows users to create personal timelines. You can either keep the timeline private or share it with others. It works great for documenting the growth of your children or for the history of your club or organization. It allows the drag and drop option.
Also Read: Team communication | A complete guide
Top 3 interactive timeline maker software
Timelines can be used for personal, professional, or educational purposes. Some of the most common applications can be seen in project management and historical studies. The different features such as the embedding of audio, video, and images make it more interactive.
Timeline makers are a great way to develop an insightful understanding of any event or topic. The timeline makers can be extremely basic or in some cases really complex. We are going to look into the top 3 interactive timeline maker software available in the market to create interactive timelines,
1. iSpring – An interactive timeline creator
iSpring supports a tool known as visuals that are capable of creating interactive timelines and three other different types of interactions. It allows users to create timelines with audio, video, and images. You can even record voiceovers, add hyperlinks, or divide your timeline into different periods.
2. Tiki Toki – Animated timeline
Tiki-Toki is good for depicting historical events, personal diaries, school projects, etc. It comes with a free plan and paid subscription plans. This software is great for educational purposes. It allows you to create interactive timelines with a limitless number of scenarios. It allows customization of time periods.
3. TimeToast – timeline visualizer
This timeline maker allows users to design and build their own interactive timelines. These timelines can further be shared with others by embedding them into any site. This is completely free and all you need to start creating timelines is an email. It has Basic and Pro plans available.
Top 3 timeline software for writers
Timelines enable writers to track and organize important storytelling details such as character back story, names, attributes, plot points, important dates, upcoming clues, etc. You can also reorder the events on your timeline by simple drag and drop options.
Timeline maker software enables writers to follow their protagonists’ personal growth as he/she progresses through the arc. It allows writers to play around and explore different ways in which the story unfolds. We are going to look into the top 3 timeline maker software for writers available in the market to create interactive timelines.
1. Aeon – Timeline creator for writers
Aeon timeline is a flexible timeline creation tool specifically designed for writers and other creative thinkers. It is great for data management and timeline creation without overwhelming the users. The license cost is $50 with a 15% discount given to students and educators.
2. CaseFleet – Free timeline software for writers
CaseFleet allows you to create a clean and clear chronology for both fiction and non-fiction storytelling. It helps you organize your next book, screenplay, or article. CaseFleet helps you organize the key events of your story making it easy to see and recall.
3. WaveMaker – Timeline maker for writers
Easily structure your novel with the help of the WaveMaker timeline software. It allows structuring your book into chapters, scenes and make notes so that you can shuffle around them easily. WaveMaker can be installed and run virtually on any device. Also comes with brainstorming tools.
Top 3 story timeline maker software
Story timeline maker software helps writers plan, edit, and write their stories. It helps storytellers to avoid plot holes and inconsistencies by letting them visualize the story in new ways. Story writers often change their minds and need to edit content continuously.
These websites let them edit in an intuitive and straightforward manner. They even allow adding of images, external links, notes, and researchers related to the different events. We are going to look into the top 3 story timeline maker software available in the market to create interactive timelines.
1. Timeline JS – Story timeline template maker
This is an open-source and free timeline creation tool that helps publishers to easily and quickly create interactive, media-rich timelines using nothing more than Google sheets. Thousands of people around the world trust Timeline JS for telling the world’s most intriguing stories.
2. Timestream – Story timelines maker
Timestream is a timeline maker that allows creating an organized timeline and linking electronic evidence to these events. It is useful for building complex storylines on an interactive timeline. It offers a 30-day trial period post which the one-year license costs $995.
3. LucidChart – For timeline creation
LucidChart helps users to create effective timelines for students and educators that serve as a strong visual aid. It can even be used for storytelling purposes. They have three different types of membership available based on the user requirement. It is for professional, personal, and educational use.
Far gone are the times of maintaining vast chunks of data that are not useful when required. A timeline maker can now save you the trouble. You can visualize and creatively present your projects with timelines. If you are not adequately familiar with how they work, now is the time to give it a shot!