Want to give your new employees a warm welcome at your company? Here are some awesome welcome kit ideas to get you started.
Welcome kit ideas
Starting work in a new company can be daunting. The new employee has to get used to a new work environment, colleagues, and learn more about their job profile. It is vital to make your recruits feel comfortable and help them feel ready to take on their responsibilities. Employee welcome kit can be the ideal way to help the employee feel at home. In this blog, we present some of the best welcome kit ideas.
Purpose of a welcome pack to recruits
Industries are trying to be creative with their welcome pack ideas. The welcome kit is a vital tool to introduce your company’s unique culture to your recruits. The kit can help improve the candidate’s comfort level and can help build your organizational culture. The purpose of the welcome pack is as follows –
- Help the candidate become productive faster – The first day in a new organization can be daunting and frustrating, especially when you do not know what to do. An onboarding package can help the recruit become familiar with your company’s procedures faster. The package contains all the relevant information needed to work efficiently as soon as possible.
- Layout expectations – The new employee welcome gift contains the employee manual. The manual will help define the expectation of your organization. It includes expectations from the department and the shared expectations while being a team member. The manual has detailed the schedule for the first day at work. The kit includes benefits and perks provided.
- Communicate clearly – Using clear and simple language in your employee manual. The manual should detail various procedures laid down in the company, including communication policy and protocol.
- Proactively answer questions – the welcome package for new employees should answer the frequently asked question and apprehensions any new employee may have. Take feedback from your employee and implement and improve your welcome kit ideas.
Also Read: Remote meeting | A comprehensive guide
How is the welcome basket given to recruits?
The recruitment process is a resource-intensive process. It is vital to make the recruit feel welcome and comfortable in the new work environment. One-third of new employees leave within a year of being recruited. Companies that provide a pleasant onboarding experience will motivate employee loyalty. The gifts can be delivered to the employee or be on their desk on the first day of work. Here are some tips to give the welcome basket to recruits,
- A personal, heartfelt note of welcome is a great way to convey your company’s culture. A handwritten note is more personal than an email. You can include the photo of the team members. A phone call from the company CEO or HR representatives will make the individual feel welcome.
- Ensure the new team member has all the tools to have a productive first day. Remember, first impressions are important. Order the new hire welcome gifts ahead of time.
- Customize the gifts to match your brand logo and style. The onboarding kit for new employees should be relevant and useful. It should reflect your core values.
- The welcome gifts for new employees should help them feel part of the team. Several companies include branded items in the welcome packet for new employees.
Also Read: Work life balance | Everything you must know
20 best welcome kit ideas for your team
There are some essentials all welcome kits should contain – an employee handbook, new hire paperwork, and forms, information about the company, employee benefits, training information, and staff directory. Companies have become creative with their employee welcome packet. They use the onboarding packet as an opportunity to introduce their brand and help them feel welcome. Here are some of the best welcome gift ideas.
1. Company SWAG new employee welcome gift
Company SWAG (stuff we all get) will make a brilliant addition to your new employee welcome gift. These welcome gift ideas are versatile – water bottles, caps, pens, and sweatshirts. You can customize the Company SWAG further by adding the employee’s name to the product.
2. Snack box in the welcoming kit
Most of us enjoy snacking while working. A snack box of refreshments will make a fantastic addition to the welcoming kit. The snacks can help deal with hunger pangs and help your staff concentrate more. You can offer healthy snack options in welcome kit ideas if healthy living is a part of your company culture.
3. Photo frame in the new employee welcome pack
A photo frame can be an excellent addition to the new employee welcome pack. Your new staff member can personalize their work desk and feel more at home. Familiar faces in the photo frame can settle them faster. The pictures can be a conversation ice breaker.
4. Gift cards in your welcome package
Gift cards are a welcome addition to the welcome package. You do not know the likes and dislikes of your new hire. Gift cards are popular welcome kit ideas because they can choose what they want or need. Most people enjoy the shopping experience. Gift cards are versatile and easy to distribute.
Also Read: Organize your life | A complete guide
5. Books in the new hire welcome kit
Many may consider books an unconventional addition to the new hire welcome kit. Books are a great pathway to knowledge and can help people relax. You can give a book that will help the new hire at work. Motivational books are a great tool to inspire new staff.
6. Headphones in the new employee welcome packet
Noise-cancelling headphones are useful in most work environments. Adding headphones will be a great addition to the new employee welcome packet. The headphones will help them concentrate better and are useful during teleconferencing. Hearing music while working can lower stress levels.
7. Streaming subscription as gifts for new employees
You can think outside the box when you prepare a gift for new employees. Streaming subscriptions like Netflix or Amazon prime is a great inclusion for your welcome kit ideas. You can discuss the latest episode of a popular show during coffee breaks or virtual water cooler chat.
8. Fitness bands as part of new hire gifts
Organizations are taking proactive steps to encourage fitness. Most jobs are sedentary, leaving people vulnerable to lifestyle diseases. Unfit employees are unproductive. Fitness bands a great addition to new hire gifts. The bands encourage people to move. You can include health initiatives like steps challenge.
9. Safety essentials in the onboarding package
We live in the pandemic era and you need to ensure your staff stays safe. It is imperative to follow basic safety and hygiene protocols at your workplace. Safety essentials (hand sanitiser, N95 masks, disposal gloves, and pamphlet of covid protocols) are becoming an essential part of onboarding packages.
10. Personalized notes as welcome cards for new employees
Personalized notes from the CEO and other executives can help the staff member feel they are part of the organization. Notes are a popular addition to welcome kit ideas as its sense of pride. These welcome cards for new employees can include information about the company ethos and expectations from the staff.
11. Office supplies as a part of welcome gifts
Employees require office supplies to work efficiently. Several organizations supply some basic office supplies used daily, as a part of the welcome gifts. It can help ease the work-life of the new staff member. Some common office supplies you can include are –
- Pens, markers, pencils
- Business cards
- Scissors and staplers.
12. Stress ball in the welcome gift for new employees
Some may think giving a stress ball as a part of the welcome gift for new employees is stressful, but it is a useful addition to welcome gifts. Even if the work atmosphere is calm, situations are bound to get stressful at times. The stress ball will help to deal with stress.
Also Read: Remote work | A how-to guide for everyone
13. Happy hours box great welcome ideas
Unwinding with a little alone time after a day at work is relaxing. Happy hour boxes are a great addition to welcome ideas. You can get creative about what you add to the happy hour box. The box can have assorted snacks, a cocktail mix, coffee, and scented candles.
14. Lunch box welcome gift ideas
Several employees prefer to get their lunches from home. The boxes are great to welcome gift ideas. Try to ensure the boxes are microwave proof so that they can heat the meals in the cafeteria. There are several eco-friendly options you can explore as a part of welcome kit ideas.
15. Coffee cup in the new employee welcome kit
Coffee cups are a popular item in the new employee welcome kit. Most people drink coffee at work a coffee cup will be a great addition to the welcome kit ideas. You can customize the cup by adding the employee’s name or initials.
16. Blue light glasses as a welcome to the team gifts
People at work spend hours in front of the screen. Blue light glasses will reduce eye damage caused by the blue light produced by screens. The glasses are an ideal welcome to the team gifts for staff who work in the office or remotely. The welcome kit ideas will be appreciated by your staff.
17. Desk plant in the welcome gift basket
A desk plant can brighten up the workplace make a great addition to the welcome gift basket. They can make the employee feel more at home. Indoor plants can help clean up the air and prove to be a great stress buster. Succulents are low-maintenance plants are popular welcome gift ideas.
18. Lightbox a great new employee welcome gift
Nameplates are considered old-fashioned and are not used. Use a lightbox or felt-lettered board in place of the traditional nameplate. Lightboxes are popular on Instagram will make great new employee welcome gifts. You can encourage your staff to customize their lightboxes or lettered boards.
19. Tote bags in the welcome basket for a new employee
Tote bags are a great option to include in your welcome basket for new employees. The bags are light, sturdy, and eco-friendly. You can print your company logo on the bag. The bags are reusable and convey the message that your company is environmentally conscious.
20. Tech essentials in a new employee survival kit
Most jobs are technology-driven. Employees need equipment like a mouse, laptop or desktop, keyboard, WiFi password to work effectively. Tech essentials have become a vital part of the new employee survival kit. Ensure the programs and permissions are working before they resume their duties.