Setting up a virtual party for your team? Here is a list of the best 30 virtual party ideas for remote teams in the year 2021. Read on!
What are virtual party ideas?
Remote mode of working is now a norm for many companies, interested in recruiting skilled associates from various regions of the world. But then in a situation of a pandemic or in cases where the team members are unable to meet face to face, how to keep the remote teams motivated and inspired?
And hence virtual business party ideas are gaining prominence. Essentially it is to ensure that the teams can socialize with each other even while working in a remote environment.
The virtual party ideas can be office award ideas, office birthday ideas, team celebration ideas, office farewell party ideas and many more. The virtual parties instill a feeling of togetherness and bonding among the teams.
Also Read: Remote meeting | A comprehensive guide
Why virtual office party ideas are important?
The importance of virtual party ideas is immense, creating a significant impact on the way of working of the remote team members.
- Act as a stress reliever and energy booster after the regular office hours
- Generates a strong bonding among the team members
- Aids to get away from a sense of isolation or anonymity
- Helps to gain new friends or like-minded people in the company
- Introduces new members into the team, helping to overcome the initial feel of gaining attention and importance
- A sense of belongingness prevail among the team members
- Assists in creating a virtual happy hour and spending quality time virtually
Also Read: Work life balance | Everything you must know
Top 30 virtual celebration ideas
You can select several occasions and events as celebration ideas for the remote teams. The celebrations can be in the form of wishing for a special day, employee birthday fun office gifts, dancing and singing, a farewell party, playing games, and conducting activities together.
You can even conduct competitions, and quizzes for keeping the remote teams engaged in various events. In this section, we will share with you different virtual party ideas as an easy reference and guide.
You can select them as per your company size and team location. These are tested and assured to entertain your remote teams by creating a fun-filled environment virtually.
Virtual birthday ideas
Here are some of the interesting office birthday party ideas for you to consider and enjoy with your remote team members,
- Order a birthday cake from a prominent bakery joint or store. Deliver the cake at the time when you host the meeting for the virtual birthday party as a surprise. This is one of the best virtual birthday ideas for coworkers.
- One of the prominent birthday celebration ideas is to send a surprise gift to the member. The gift can be sent at the time of the virtual meeting.
- Organizing a song or a dance virtually can be one of the wonderful coworker birthday ideas.
Also Read: Organize your life | A complete guide
Christmas idea for coworkers
The best Christmas ideas for employees are to offer them gifts from Santa. Here are some of the ideas to celebrate Christmas with coworkers,
- Gift cards are the best Christmas idea for coworkers since you can provide the opportunity to purchase their preferred gifts with them
- A French press is an ideal gift for a remote team member since the majority of people love to sip a cup of coffee in between work or during office breaks
- Wallets for men and perfume for women can be some interesting gift ideas for Christmas. Your remote team members will appreciate them.
Christmas theme for work
Are you looking for some ideas on a Christmas theme for work? Here are 3 of such Christmas theme-oriented virtual party ideas,
- “Decorate your workspace” – This can be one of the themes where you can ask each team member to use Christmas related items like bells, stars etc. to decorate. The best one is selected as the winner.
- “Dress like Santa” – A fun-filled theme where each member can dress up like Santa Claus and entertain all
- “Fancy Dress Competition” – You can ask each member to dress up like any character related to Christmas like Santa, reindeer, kings, angels.
Christmas spirit week ideas for work
Thinking of creating a list of Christmas spirit week ideas for work? A list below for your reference,
- “Decorate a Christmas Tree” – Each team member decorates a Christmas tree at home near to their workspace. You can allow 15 to 20 mins for each member.
- “Prepare a Christmas Lunch” – You can ask each of the team members to prepare a menu for Christmas lunch. They can share the recipe and then enjoy lunch together.
- “Curate a Christmas Collage” – One of the interesting virtual party ideas during Christmas is preparing a collage related to Christmas and publish at a common portal.
End of year parties
End of year parties must focus on contributions and achievements. One of the important end of year virtual party ideas can be celebrating success. Here are 3 ways how you can celebrate,
- Recognition of contributions by employees whose work has created a significant impact on the company’s productivity and to achieve the requisite goals.
- Celebrate a virtual champagne party where each member toasts with each other remotely and enjoy the drink together; a perfect end of the year zoom party for the team.
- Display the success achieved by the company through metrics, KPIs, etc., and deliver a note of thanks to every member contributing to it.
Also Read: Remote work | A how-to guide for everyone
Virtual farewell party
Conducting virtual farewell parties games and activities are great ways to recognize and respect a person’s contribution to the organization. Here are some virtual farewell party ideas for boss or peers for quick reference,
- Prepare a video showcasing the important moments of the person both personal and professional; to create a nostalgic experience and feeling in the virtual farewell party
- The team members can share small snippets of memorable experiences with the person, to recreate past moments of happiness
- Arrange for a virtual farewell card of gift to the person as a token of respect and bonding with the company
Virtual going away party
A virtual going away can be arranged for a person retiring, or quitting to start his or her firm. Here are some of the going away party ideas work,
- Prepare a common online poster with ships, boats, etc. with a short message for the person leaving the company. Ask all the members to set it as their background theme
- One of the best virtual gifts for the person can be a house plant to be kept at the workspace or work desk.
- A virtual game can be played in honor of the person, for example guessing the person’s hobbies, interests, favorite food, desserts, movies, books, etc.
Virtual goodbye party
In this section, we will share some ideas for conducting a virtual goodbye party. These ideas are applicable both for a person leaving or retiring from the company and someone being transferred to a different place.
- Creating a photo album with good wish messages printed on it and gifting it to the person is one of the nostalgic goodbye party ideas
- You can create a journal for the employee for reference and use in the future.
- Gift some useful and interesting work desk accessories with a memento expressing thanks for the person’s contribution to the team
Virtual recognition ideas
Enlisted below are some of the virtual recognition ideas for felicitating your team members for their outstanding achievements and contributions to the organization,
- Declare the employee of the month or the week to promote or acknowledge the remote team members
- One of the interesting recognition ideas can be appreciating the contribution of a person to a social cause beyond the professional work hours
- Sending a thank you card or a message in the company recognition portal to an employee for his or her contribution to the organization
Virtual employee appreciation ideas
The virtual employee appreciation ideas listed below will help to foster a spirit of motivation and encouragement among the remote employees to perform better.
- One of the employee appreciation party ideas can be organizing giveaways in the form of vouchers
- Create a virtual wall of fame and paste the pictures of employees with a note of appreciation; one of the interesting appreciation party ideas
- In the virtual meeting, announce complimentary offs to selected employees as a token of appreciation for their achievements.
Office awards ideas
We will be now sharing with you some innovative and out-of-the-box office awards ideas; to inspire your remote employees to work for the betterment of the company.
- “Mission Accomplishment” award – To a person who has presented an idea or thought that has earned customer satisfaction and a significant boost in productivity
- “Whiz Person” award – To a person who has been constantly scoring well in group competitions, quizzes, debates, etc.
- “Eco Green” award – To a person who has been instrumental in promoting greenery and an eco-world as part of the CSR initiatives of the organization
Also Read: Voice echoing | A complete guide
Virtual customer service week ideas 2020
Here are some interesting virtual customer service weak ideas 2020 to acknowledge your remote employees; a token of thanks for their dedication and effort.
- Meet up for a cup of coffee virtually with general chitchats on their well-being, hobbies, interests, preferences, and so on
- Send out handwritten cards or a note of thanks to your employees for their continuous services and work
- Host a lunch party or a potluck party where each member can cook their favorite dishes. They can share the recipe or even cook the dish virtually in the presence of all members.
Workplace theme days
Organizing workplace theme days are the best virtual party ideas for remote teams. Here are some of the ways for organizing such kind of employee parties,
- Sports Day – Ask your team members to wear the jersey or shirt of their favorite player or sport.
- Patriotic Day – You can ask your team members to wear their favorite traditional attires, as a tribute to their country.
- Cartoon Character Day – If you are willing to organize some fun things for the office team members, cartoon character day is the perfect option. Each member can dress up as their favorite cartoon character and entertain others.
Retirement party ideas for work
The list below are some of the official retirement party ideas for you to pick and choose from,
- One of the best retirement party ideas for work is to set up a “We will miss you” banner in each workspace, and speak about the person’s contributions to the organization
- You can also select some retirement decoration themes like an online photo booth, workspace decoration with pictures celebrating moments with the person.
- Send out a handwritten card with messages from each member, to the person concerned. It is one of the popular retirement reception ideas for a party.
Thanksgiving office games
Conducting thanksgiving office games is a great way to celebrate with office team members. Some of the thanksgiving ideas for the workplace to consider are,
- “Gratitude Game”- The team members can offer their gratitude for a person, place, food or a thing as a reflection of their thanks; one of the best thanksgiving office ideas
- Arranging thanksgiving gifts for coworkers is a way to appreciate their dedication to the organization
- You can conduct an online scramble game where each member contributes to linking words and letters.
Employee events ideas
Important and significant days can be considered as employee events ideas for celebrating with remote employees.
- Weekly cook and serve can be one of the employee event ideas where you can send homemade cooked food packed to a team of 8 to 10 people
- Organizing virtual Halloween employee parties can be one way of fun-filled celebrations
- Motivational speaking sessions or events can be organized on a fortnightly basis on various topics. The speaker can be anyone from the team or an external speaker.
Office competition ideas
The list of office competition ideas, we have put forward here, is the means of flourishing the creative talents of individuals.
- One of the popular work competition ideas is fitness programs. Goals are set for each team member or a group. Once the goals are attained, winners are declared and prizes given
- Pumpkin carving is one of the fun-filled virtual party ideas for remote employees, especially during the autumn season
- Running 5K or 10K marathon can be a healthy way to organize competitions among remote team members
Contest prize ideas for work
If you running contests or competitions within your organizations, you have to think of interesting and fun-filled contest prizes for employees. You can check out the list below for some good contest prize ideas for work,
- Office perks in the form of cash rewards or brownie points are one of the most popular office prize ideas
- Issuing cash vouchers for food or drinks is another preferred office contest prize ideas
- A free spa treatment voucher can be one of the best gifts for remote employees; allowing them “me” time and relaxation.
Celebrating with your team is crucial in gaining confidence and productivity. Here are some of the office celebration ideas that can be organized with your remote team.
- Cheers with a drink – You can send a drink pack to each of the team members. In the virtual meeting, assist them through a tutorial to prepare a drink.
- One of the virtual meeting ideas can be to conduct a relaxation day. An instructor may help in meditations, yoga, or relaxation exercises
- Clean and decorate your desk day – Each team member needs to ensure their work desks are clean and decorated with a theme in mind.
Team spirit ideas
Energizing the team with fun-filled activities nourishes team spirit and bonding. Enlisted below are some of the virtual team spirit ideas for your reference,
- Face Painting virtual party ideas – One of the entertaining spirit week ideas for the workplace. Each member paints his or her face representing a concept. The winner gets a prize.
- Pizza Party virtual party ideas – You can send in pizza packs to each of the team members and can organize a party where everyone enjoys pizza with maybe a drink.
- Baking a Cake virtual party ideas – A tutorial session can be organized where each team member can bake a cake with proper assistance and guidance
Theme day ideas for work
Wondering how to organize fun-filled activities for your remote team? Here are some of the theme day ideas for work, which are sure to rejuvenate your team,
- Disney Day virtual party ideas – Who doesn’t like the Disney characters? Ask your employees to dress up as their favorite Disney characters
- Courage Day virtual party ideas – if you are looking for an idea for corporate events, courage day can be an option. The team members can share their story wherein they have been courageous or brave to save any individual or a thing etc.
- Hollywood Day virtual party ideas – Dress up as your favorite Hollywood actor or actress. One of the fun ways to give away prizes at work to the winner.
Also Read: Remote work habits | A comprehensive guide
Promotion party ideas
In this section, we present before you some interesting job promotion party ideas for congratulating the concerned person.
- Hosting a lunch or a dinner party virtually is one of the best promotion party ideas. You can parcel in a food pack to your team member’s doorstep for the perfect lunch or dinner treat.
- Organize an appreciation party where all the other participants share good wishes and congratulatory messages for the members who have been promoted
- Travel vouchers can be offered to the individuals to celebrate promotion with their near and dear ones
Virtual meeting ideas
A virtual meeting can be conducted by celebrating any special events, organizing games, or sending team building gifts. Some of the virtual meeting ideas are listed below,
- A dance party – You can plan for a Juke Box where each member requests for a song to be played. All the members shake their legs with the tune.
- Beat the Chill party – It is one of the happening virtual office party ideas. You can ask each member to prepare a summer drink of their choice instantly within 15 to 20 minutes.
- Quiz virtual party ideas – Organizing quizzes or rapid-fire questions is also one of the popular office contest ideas for a virtual meeting.
Work anniversary party ideas
Here are some awesome work anniversary party ideas to celebrate with your team,
- Sending e-gift cards to the team members along with letters of appreciation as a way of showering virtual accolades
- Arranging an executive dining opportunity in a reputed restaurant or food joint
- You can arrange for anniversary gifts for employees working from home like a gym membership, a trophy, home décor items, etc
Company anniversary celebration ideas
The company anniversary celebration ideas elaborated in this section will assist you in organizing virtual parties involving your remote employees.
- You can order food packets or snacks boxes for all your team members and bring them into a virtual party for enjoying the food together
- Create a video commemorating the contributions of the team towards the company’s success as an anniversary special
- Declare vouchers or gifts as mementos to the team as a token of appreciation to celebrate the company’s anniversary
Also Read: Office management | A complete guide
Ideas for boss’s day celebration
Just like team members deserve celebrations, the bosses too must not be deprived of virtual parties or events. Here are some ideas for boss’s day celebration,
- Create a handwritten card where each of the team members writes messages especially for their boss
- A virtual birthday celebration for a team’s boss, with a cake delivered to his or her place; considered to be one of the best office birthdays treat ideas for the boss
- A thank you video can be created and broadcasted to shower respect and gratitude to the team’s boss
Summer office party ideas
Summer office party ideas will be a ready guide for organizing some cool virtual meets with your remote team.
- A Virtual Beach party – You can ask your team members to visit a nearby beach and attend the virtual meeting from the place
- Movie virtual party ideas – Watch a movie together on a Friday afternoon. The moderator can play the host of playing the movie at his or her workstation
- Drink based virtual party ideas – A virtual rooftop drink party can be organized with some chilled summer cool drinks and snacks for entertainment and fun; one of the best summer office treat ideas
Zoom celebration ideas
The list of zoom celebration ideas can be many, starting from special days, themed parties, offering gifts, etc.
- Send virtual birthday gifts or anniversary gifts and celebrate the occasion with rest members expressing their good wishes; one of the most popular special day ideas or birthday treat ideas for work
- Dumb charades virtual party ideas – Conduct Dumb Charades where one person acts without speaking and the rest members try to guess the object, person, or work being enacted
- Chitchat virtual party ideas – Normal chitchat sessions between the remote team members sharing interests, memories, poems, songs, etc.
Business party ideas
The business party ideas elaborated here will help in designing the perfect Corporate events for your remote team.
- Arrange a virtual carnival where few team members can perform activities of their choice like magic, playing the guitar, singing a song, dance, etc. Others can put up some lights or decorative items in their workspace to create fun effects.
- Debate based virtual party ideas – Conduct healthy debates on upcoming topics to decipher the creativity and talents concealed within the members
- Organize a virtual award party where team members are honored with awards for their contribution to the organization
Office fun day ideas
The office fun day ideas, illustrated below, are sure to act as stress relievers for your remote team.
- Comedy Show virtual party ideas – Each member is asked to share a joke, a funny event in his or her life, or even enacting like a comedian
- Sending office party gifts to the team members after organizing games, contests, or quizzes
- Dressing up virtual party ideas – Ask the team members to dress up like a clown or any funny fiction character. They can enact the character and the winner gets a prize.
How to celebrate a birthday virtually?
Wondering how to celebrate a birthday virtually? Here are the key steps on how to celebrate birthdays at work,
- Arrange for a cake to be delivered to the concerned person along with an e-card with messages for birthday wishes. This should be the first step in your list of virtual birthday ideas.
- Poster virtual party ideas – Prepare a poster with birthday wishes and photos to set as the background theme for all; an important activity in your list of virtual birthday ideas for adults
- Dress theme virtual party ideas – Decide on a dress theme for all, for example with a birthday hat on, etc.
- Surprise virtual party ideas – Lastly in your list of virtual birthday celebration ideas, you must consider hosting a surprise virtual party for the person whose birthday is being celebrated.
Virtual party ideas software
To aid you in conducting virtual parties, here are some tools or software for assistance and consideration,
- unremot.com offers a virtual watercooler for organizing remote parties and celebrations, through its real office-like interactions provisions
- Zoom, a prominent cloud-based conferencing and virtual meeting platform
- Donut, providing virtual coffee breaks and employee engagement