Getting a part-time job may be easy. But, how hard is it to get a part-time job that is well paid as well? If you’re struggling to find one, this page is all about that!
Part time remote jobs
Part-time remote jobs are best suited to individuals who cannot go to a conventional office and prefer to work from their desired location. Several companies acknowledge these issues and allow their employees to work from their desired location.
With most of the companies forced to work from home during the pandemic, few of them might consider remote working permanently. There are several job portals specially dedicated to part-time remote jobs.
Companies can save infrastructure costs by adopting a remote work culture and break geographical barriers while hiring new resources. It also provides a better work-life balance to its employees. As per Gartner, the future of work will evolve to be mostly remote, gig, and part time.
What is a Part-time Remote Job?
Part-time remote jobs essentially mean lesser hours and a location independent workspace. Remote jobs give an individual the flexibility to work from anywhere whether it is their home, cafe, or a co-working space. Remote jobs are suited for someone who wants to have a digital nomadic lifestyle or for people who for some reason cannot work from a conventional office space.
Part-time remote jobs are best suited to those who want to maintain a work-life balance. A part-time job allows you to work in shifts for fewer hours than a regular full-time job does.
How to get a remote job?
Getting a remote job is similar to getting a regular job. The most important thing to land a remote job is to find the right freelance job portals and identifying the right companies to approach. But before you apply for a remote job, analyze if getting a remote job is the right fit for you.
A remote job has its share of cons including underproductivity and loneliness. Let’s see how to get a remote job that fits your requirement and pays well,
Motivation – Figure out what drives your wheels. What kind of work excites you as motivation would be the driving factor in making your remote job successful.
Search – The crucial part is to find the job you can apply to. With the increasing demand for remote jobs, dedicated websites are coming up that list only remote jobs saving you time.
Research – Do a thorough research of the job market. The majority of employers are looking for people who love their work and are trustworthy. An Autonomous worker who showcases problem-solving skills.
How to Work Remotely?
Once you have landed the desired remote job, you need to find ways to keep yourself motivated. You might find yourself overworking or underworking initially. Staying creative and inspired at home can be a challenge for beginners but here are some of the tips on how to work remotely and efficiently
- Over Communicate: You’re not in office anymore and to compensate for that effective communication is the key. Make sure to communicate transparently and frequently. Schedule 1:1 meetings if required and clearly state your progress to your manager on a weekly or daily basis.
- Proper Workspace: Assign a dedicated place at your home for work. Or consider co-working spaces or cafes to sit during working hours. This would improve your productivity and maintain discipline.
- Be pro-active: While working remotely it’s important to take initiatives by offering your expertise, organizing learning sessions, or starting new projects. It’s easier to be forgotten by managers and co-workers if you’re a remote worker.
- Reliable Technology: The initial investment is required in tools and technology to do your job effectively. Poor WiFi can be a hindrance while working from home. Such things should be considered while setting up your workspace.
Jobs that can be done remotely
If you are dreaming of landing a location-independent job or eyeing a digital nomadic lifestyle, there are several jobs that you can do remotely. It won’t require a major career shift or financial loss. Here is a list of jobs that can be done remotely,
- Online instructor: Online tutoring is very common these days. If you have a passion for teaching, register yourself as a tutor on an online forum, and start earning money for your services.
- Digital marketing manager: Digital marketing is an emerging industry with a requirement for content managers, SEO experts, email marketing professionals, digital marketing managers, etc.
- Transcriptionist: A Transcriptionist helps to convert recorded speech into text format. All you need is a good grasp of grammar and spelling with a fast typing speed.
- Designer or Illustrator: Graphic designers are in huge demand these days by companies looking for small illustration work for their projects. You can work as a freelancer on a project-to-project basis.
- Content Writer: Writers and editors are in high demand for different kinds of content writing work.
- Video or audio editor: If you’re proficient in video editing software consider working as an audio or video editor.
Recruiters for part time remote jobs
Most companies have a policy of occasional work-from-home but very few of them would allow you to work remotely permanently. This has changed a lot since the rise of the pandemic, but there might be a shortage of such organizations but they do exist. We have listed down a few recruiters for remote jobs to help you.
- Flexjobs: There are plenty of opportunities available for part time remote jobs at this platform. You may get proofreading tasks from different industries and segments at this platform with maximum ease.
- unremot.com: This is one of the most technologically advanced remote collaboration platform for part time remote jobs. One can find freelance/remote work from across the recruiters around the world, while also collaborating with them over video-based virtual rooms and chats.
- OneSpace Freelancers: This platform is specially designed for part time remote jobs of freelancers. This platform will help you in all stages of proofreading and completing your task.
- AngelList: One of the best and popular job sites to browse for part time remote jobs and apply for the same. It provides brief details of the job description and the salary range at the landing page itself to aid your decision. Each job title mentions the location and employment type. Based on your preferred job type, location, and experience, you can click on each job link and apply for the same.
- HubstaffTalent: It is one of the popular websites to seek the role of part time remote jobs. The website displays job listings from companies who are looking for hiring full-term or contract basis – hourly rates or at a fixed price. A wide variety of part time remote jobs from different companies are posted frequently on the website. The home page provides a search option via keywords to browse for the open job requirements. You can even create your profile from the home page. Social media marketing, email marketing, Facebook advertising, market research, SEO, Content marketing, sales, lead generation, and branding are the different job skills available for hiring in the website.
- Remote(dot)com: The website is continuously updated with the latest opportunities and roles part time remote jobs offered by many companies. It has a basic plan based on which the applicants can gain access to common search capabilities. But if you need to understand the details and compensation of the jobs listed, then you have to invest in their premium plan. The response rate from the companies posting jobs is high and will never leave you disappointed.
- Jobspresso: The website hosts a huge volume of jobs, hence opens up excellent job openings for applicants seeking part time remote jobs under marketing and sales categories. They are active on Twitter and you can follow them for the latest job postings. You can either search from their features job list or latest job postings for a quick search of the openings. Else if you want to explore the Marketing and Sales category in detail, you can do that too with ease from the home page. You need to enter the keyword, location, and category – full time, freelance, internship, or part-time to browse for the job opportunities.
- WeWorkRemotely: The advantage of searching for jobs on this website is that its user-friendly navigation mechanism. There is no application fee charged by the company. Regular jobs are posted in the portal which includes remote social media jobs and telecommutes marketing jobs. Its home page displays the list of the key job opportunities available providing you with all the convenience to search for the desired job roles. The name of the company and the work type – full-time or part-time is also mentioned along with the job roles. You can click on each link to review the details and then apply as per your preference.
In the following sections, we will elaborate a bit more in detail about some of the job profiles which are highly sought after by remote job seekers.
Part time remote coding jobs
Remote jobs have been gaining popularity for the last few years. If you are passionate about coding and have experience in this field, finding a part-time remote coding job would not be difficult. Now you can build software, create websites, or design graphics from the comfort of your home. Here are a few part-time remote coding jobs that you should consider,
- Front End Developer
- Web Developer
- Ruby Developer
- Python Developer
- WordPress Developer
- UX Designer
Part-time remote jobs in coding are a lucrative option for those who are problem solvers with a technical mindset to create things.
Part time remote cybersecurity jobs
Cybersecurity doesn’t mandatorily require your presence in the office or face to face interactions. If you are someone who wishes to work remotely due to family reasons, medical issues, location, or simply to avoid the commute, there are plenty of choices in part-time remote cybersecurity jobs in the market.
As a cybersecurity instructor, you can train students to be experts. If you’re not interested in teaching, consider applying for a role as a security engineer, Cybersecurity analyst, penetration tester, or Project Manager. With companies moving everything to the cloud, working remotely is not an impossible task.
Part time remote medical coding jobs
Healthcare companies are looking for skilled coders to categorize medical diagnoses, supplies, procedures by code for billing purposes. To be eligible for part-time remote medical coding jobs one must be certified by a recognized organization.
A bachelor’s degree in a health-related field might be required for applying. The two main organizations to get you certified as medical coders are the American Health Information Management Association (AHIMA) and the American Academy of Professional Coders (AAPC).
UnitedHealth Group, Humana, iMedX, Maxim Healthcare Services, Aviacode, Change Healthcare are few companies that offer part-time remote jobs as medical coders.
Part-time evening remote jobs
Part-time evening remote jobs cater to those individuals who are occupied in the day time. It allows you to work in the evening or at night to suit your schedule. Some companies need employees who can work in the night hours and look out for people who are willing to do so.
If you have spare time in the evening, a working internet connection and a computer, you can apply for one of these part-time remote jobs. Work as a customer service representative, social media evaluator, English language tutor, video editor, virtual assistant, content writer, transcriptionist, etc.
Part time remote web developer jobs
Web Development is a growing market with a huge number of companies moving to mobile apps and websites to cater to the demand of their customers. A successful web developer either has a degree or certification in web development or self-taught individual with a deep desire to learn, whether it’s scripting, programming, or graphic design.
Part-time remote Web Developer jobs can be done from any place during your choice of hours. Many people work as a freelancer without any location dependency. Many digital nomads are working as web developers and earn good money to sustain their lifestyle.
How can I get a part time job fast?
The fastest way to get a part-time job is to reach out to your friends and professional network. Register on online job portals for freelancers and keep updating your profile. Keep pitching to potential employers and grow your expertise in your niche.
What is the highest paying work from home job?
According to FlexJobs, a remote working job portal, the Clinical regulatory affairs director is the highest paying work from home job with a salary ranging from $150,000 – $151,000. Pharmaceutical companies hire regulatory officers to handle responsibilities related to clinical trials.
How do I get a remote job with no experience?
Getting a remote job without experience is challenging but not impossible. The common way to go about it is to get an internship and then apply for real jobs. Another way is to get valid certifications in your area of interest.
What is the best part-time job to get?
The best part-time job is the one that pays well with a good work-life balance. It should align with your experience and knowledge as well as be enjoyable. Several companies hire employees during the peak season to manage the extra workload.