Need an exclusive list of the best 100 virtual team games? Here’s your list, updated for 2021. Read on!
Virtual team games
Virtual team games or remote team games are activities that can be conducted without a physical presence in the office premises. You can conduct team activity games, fun work from home games, fun bonding games, office team games, online collaborative games, training games for employees, work competition games, and many more to list.
The main objective is to execute the games leveraging remote technologies like audio and video conferencing tools and virtual software and tools. In this article, we will discuss 100 remote employee games ideas and online game ideas.
What are virtual team games?
Companies promoting remote working are realizing the importance of instilling a sense of belonging and harmony among their remote employees. It is extremely crucial to ensure they are motivated and inspired to achieve the company’s goals and objectives. Hence the need for conducting virtual team games is gaining immense prominence.
But what are virtual team games? These are a set of online and fun virtual activities and fun games to play remotely enabling the teams to socialize with each other even while working in a remote environment. The remote games can be quizzes, competitions, free team games, motivation games for employees, fun games, and so on.
What are online team games?
While answering the question on what are online team games? It is vital to ensure that the virtual team games can be conducted online through audio and video conference calls. Online team games essentially can be group activities where team members are introduced to each other.
Conducting online games for remote teams by leveraging online tools or software is a methodology followed by many companies. The participants can engage in the game directly from their computers or laptops without even investing any additional time for preparations. The online remote games aid in collaboration and coordination amongst the team members.
Also Read: Remote meeting | A comprehensive guide
Benefits of work games
Let us now try to understand what are the key benefits of work games.
- The participants can share their interests, culture, language, etc. through the virtual team games
- The remote online games are a powerful tool assisting employees to overcome anonymity and isolation
- Provide opportunities to share knowledge and experience on a particular subject, domain or technology through quick games to play at work
- Help to increase the motivational and inspirational level by involving in the fun at work games
- Opportunity for employees to know each other’s expertise on any domain or technology through work game online
- Act as a stress reliever after the regular office hours
- Generates a strong bonding among the team members
- Helps to gain new friends or like-minded people
- Introduces new members into the team, leveraging online group games for work
- Assists in creating a virtual happy hour through fun games for employees
Also Read: Work life balance | Everything you must know
How to plan remote team games?
Here are the key steps on how to plan remote team games,
- Select the time duration of the virtual team games for remote teams. Some fun online group names need more time to conduct and complete. Whereas certain free online team games can hardly take 15 to 30 mins to end.
- Decide the objective of work games or staff games. It can be fun work games, employee motivation game, or leadership company games for employees
- The moderator must prepare well before conducting the virtual office games like topic, description, duration, and rules; encouraging greater interactions while managing the office working games.
Also Read: Organize your life | A complete guide
Virtual office games and team bonding
Virtual office games help significantly in team bonding. It helps the team members to come together, get into light-weighted planning and strategizing, leading to the discovery of effective ways of collaboration. Virtual games for team bonding can be of 3 types,
- Conducting online virtual team games leveraging available free games to play on Teams, Google, etc.
- Conducting quizzes, riddles, competitions as part of fun games to motivate employees
- Conducting activities in groups or individually celebrating any special moment, theme, day, etc. as part of the virtual team games for work; one of the popular group bonding games
Challenges in organizing remote games
Highlighting certain challenges in organizing remote games with an appropriate resolution,
- Avoidance to participate in online meeting games. Remote employees may consider office games online as an extra investment. You must elaborate on the benefits of virtual team games to increase participation
- Some people may be shy or conservative in interacting with others during fun teamwork games. Deal with them wisely by guiding them to overcome their comfort zone via games for virtual teams
- One of the group challenges can be non-alignment with each other’s thoughts and ideas. You have to act as a moderator in assisting the groups while conducting office games for employees
Also Read: Remote work | A how-to guide for everyone
Top 30 virtual games to play with coworkers
Now when we have understood the importance of virtual team games, and the ways to plan games for work. Let us now focus on the top 30 virtual games to play with coworkers. The list will act as a ready reckoner while ideating on conducting the games for teams. There are games for groups of varying sizes, fun games, motivational games and so on. Each sub-section below will mention the key game ideas for you to ponder upon and select the best team games.
A list of bonding games for your perusal,
- Send virtual gifts and celebrate special moments by expressing good wishes; one of the most popular virtual team games to generate bonding
- Conduct Dumb Charades where one person acts without speaking and the rest members try to guess; one of the fun games to play with coworkers
- Normal chitchat sessions sharing interests, memories, poems, songs, etc.; a way of conducting fun games for coworkers
Fun office games for employees
Enlisted below are some interesting ideas to conduct fun office games for employees,
- Team members dress up like a clown or funny fiction character, enact and win prizes
- Offering virtual tours of exotic travel destinations in the world; one of the exciting games to play with coworkers while working from home
- Scavenger Hunt is one of the fun-filled virtual team games where the participants are provided with a list of items to fetch from their house
Virtual meeting games
Enlisted below are the virtual meeting games to organize with your remote team members,
- Solving a jigsaw puzzle online, one of the interesting games to play virtually with coworkers.
- One of the happening virtual team games is to ask each member to prepare a summer drink of their choice instantly within minutes.
- Members imagine being deserted on an island and offered with 20 items to survive of which they can select only 10; one of the thrilling remote games to play at work games
Online office games
Conduct online office games to bring out the talent of remote employees from the below list of virtual team games ideas
- Participants create a brand logo of the company; one of the intellectual games to play at work with employees
- Word chain game like the first person names a city, the second person repeats and adds another city and the chain goes on
- Participants bring in any object that describes their leadership skill and explain to all
Virtual group games
A list of virtual group games for your reference,
- Each group describes the company via emojis to a group of aliens that have landed on earth who do not speak English; one of the fun at work games to play
- Provide a sketch of a person to any one member of the group. Ask the person to describe the face to the other members to draw and sketch.
- One of the interesting virtual team games can be assigning each group to prepare an animation pixel art in spreadsheets
Games for remote teams
Interesting ideas of games for remote teams that be conducted easily,
- Each team member shares a video of their house and others are asked to guess the items inside the house; one of the fun team games to play
- Each person guesses the emojis being used majorly by other members; one of the fun-filled virtual team games
- Divide the participants into groups and ask each group to find out 10 things that are common to all; one of the good team games
Games for employees
Enlisted below are some virtual thrilling games for employees,
- Each participant comes up with two true facts about themselves and a false one. Others have to guess which is true and which is false. One of the popular virtual team games.
- One person is placed at the hot seat virtually. Others are free to ask any non-controversial question; one of the sensational online games for remote teams
- 2 to 3 minutes slot is provided to each member to come up with a movie brief they would like to direct; one of the best games to play remotely
Work from home games
A list of work from home games for entertainment and enjoyment,
- Conduct an online scramble game; one of the prominent team building games you can play remotely
- Each member dresses up as their favorite cartoon character and entertains others.
- Pumpkin carving is one of the fun-filled virtual team games, especially during the autumn season
Virtual work games
Virtual work games create a sense of bonding and togetherness, as enlisted below,
- Divide into groups and provide a situation like theft or robbery etc. with clues to resolve the mystery; one of the exciting games to play with remote employees
- Scavenger Hunt is one of the popular virtual team games where you provide a list of items to the participants to fetch from their house within a specified time
- Participants prepare a tagline on the company’s future 5 to 10 years down the line; one of the interesting games to play with virtual teams
Virtual games with coworkers
Wandering how to conduct virtual games with coworkers? Here is a list of some virtual team games for you to refer,
- Participants prepare a symbol with Lego blocks representing the company’s brand; one of the exciting games to play remotely
- Each member performs a song, dance, play a musical instrument, etc.; one of the preferred games to play at work with coworkers
- Live brewing sessions in the kitchens of the participants; creative way to conduct fun games to play at work
Virtual games for work
A list of virtual games for work with remote employees,
- Create an online interactive world map with each participant pinning their respective location
- Guessing each other’s personality and interests through live interactive quiz sessions; one of the best ways to conduct working games online
- The photo challenge is one of the interactive virtual team games where you provide employees with a caption and ask them to share photographs related to it
Virtual games for teams
Few interesting virtual games for teams working remotely,
- Each participant draws a picture and others can guess; one of the fun-filled online games for coworkers
- Preparing bingo cards with multiple personality characteristics written on them. Hand over to the participants and then randomly call out the characteristics. The one who can relate the maximum to themselves wins
- Place a question starting with “What you would do… ?” and have fun listening to the answers from all; one of the funniest virtual team games
Also Read: Virtual gift ideas | A comprehensive guide
Virtual games for large groups
If you wish to conduct virtual games for large groups, here are a few for you to consider,
- One of the popular virtual team games is fitness programs. Goals are set for each team member or a group to attain the fitness level
- Running 5K or 10K marathon competitions is one of the thrilling work-appropriate games
- Clean and decorate your desk with a theme in mind; a creative method to conduct the best remote games
Virtual games for coworkers
Virtual games for coworkers can be interesting if conducted properly. Here are some ideas for virtual team games,
- Each member paints his or her face representing a concept. The winner gets a prize.
- Employees dress up as their favorite Disney characters and enact them; among the best work game ideas
- Members dress up as their favorite Hollywood actor or actress and present a popular dialogue or act; a fun game for office
Remote games for teams
Some creative remote games for teams connected virtually,
- A tutorial session can be organized where each team member can bake a cake; a unique way to conduct online games at work
- A mocktail or a cocktail can be prepared by each team member and recipe shared with all; an interesting idea for executing games for coworkers
- Participants can prepare a traditional breakfast menu; one of the best virtual team games to showcase culinary skills
Online games to play at work
Instant online games to play at work,
- Each team member shares a video of their house and others guess the items inside the house; a perfect idea to conduct personnel games
- All participants hold their five fingers up. Questions will be asked for example “Have you ever tripped in front of your supervisor?” If it’s a Yes, then the participant needs to lift a finger.
- Each of the team members shows a live picture or video of their workstation for others to list; one of the engaging virtual team games
Office meeting games
Interesting ideas for conducting office meeting games mentioned below,
- Each participant selects one alphabet and describes themselves with 5 to 10 words starting with the alphabet; one of the best work games ideas
- Select some random letters and display them. Ask the participants to create as many words using the letters; one of the easiest quick games for work
- Conduct a riddle session, one of the interactive virtual team games
Motivational games for employees
Illustrated below are some motivational games for employees, ideas to conduct coworker games,
- Divide the team into groups and distribute goodie bags with specific items. Skits need to be performed using the items as props.
- One of the productive virtual team games leveraging online emailing tools to check how fast an employee can respond to an email message
- Employees exchange roles between themselves and try to enact the other person; an interesting idea to execute online games with coworkers
Motivation games for work
Here are some of the motivation games for work or worker games online,
- Members spin a virtual wheel to earn prizes like a voucher, gift card, desktop accessories, etc. One of the most inspiring virtual team games.
- Celebrate holiday theme days like Christmas, Thanksgiving, etc. and motivate employees to be in their best attire
- You can play a month-long work game. Create a virtual snake and ladder board and each time an employee earns an achievement can move up the ladder to win.
Also Read: Voice echoing | A complete guide
Games to play at work online
Want to conduct games to play at work online? Enlisted below are few suggestions to consider for games at work,
- Each person selects any item on their work desk and sells it to others
- Each participant creates a flag describing their first interest in life; one of the intellectual virtual team games
- Participants share funny pictures with their pets and share the significance of the moment
Games that can be played remotely
Some thought-provoking games that can be played remotely,
- Motivational speaking sessions can be organized on a fortnightly basis on various topics.
- Team members can visit a nearby beach and play beach games while being online remotely
- Memory game is one of the prominent virtual team games where one member names an object or person, the next person repeats and adds one more name, and so on
Fun virtual games for work
Fun virtual games for work boost up the energy level of remote employees.
- You can plan for a Juke Box where each member requests for a song to be played. All the members shake their legs with the tune.
- Watch a movie together on a Friday afternoon. The moderator can play the host of playing the movie at his or her workstation
- A virtual rooftop drink party can be organized with some chilled summer cool drinks and snacks; one of the best virtual team games ideas
Fun games to play at work with coworkers
You can create groups and conduct fun games to play at work with coworkers,
- Each group imagines a fictional scientific discovery and elaborate the same
- Conduct a debate between the groups on a specific topic related to science, current news, etc.; one of the interesting virtual team games
- Divide into groups and provide them with a situation like theft or robbery etc. with clues to resolve the mystery
Fun game at work
For some fun game at work, you can take a look at the virtual team games ideas below,
- Participants describe a situation wherein they ran into a funny situation at the office without realizing what they are into
- Each participant can mention his or her lucky number and explain moments when the numbers truly resulted in good luck or fate
- The team members can dress up like a clown and enact funny activities
Looking for ideas on employee game? Here are few ideas to select from,
- Prepare an online achievements book and ask the employees to contribute pictures and write-ups on the awards and accolades earned for a collage
- Conduct a friendly debate on breaking news related to technology or an innovation
- Participants discover 10 things that are common to all; one of the most engaging virtual team games
Best games to play at work
Sharing the best games to play at work,
- Participants prank each other that must be harmless and funny.
- Collect the pictures of the childhood of each participant and place them on a common board. Ask to guess the person; one of the thrilling virtual team games
- Conduct a Tambola game with remote employees, the winners get prizes
Where to find office games for free?
After being acquainted with the best 100 virtual team games, the next question is where to find office games for free? Here are some online stores where you can search for team activities games, fun games for work, leadership games for virtual meetings, online teamwork games, employee engagement games, corporate games, and many more,
- Webex games like Pictionary, Yello submarine, One word to rule them all, ice-breakers virtual team meeting games, and so on
- Microsoft store contains a plethora of games to play with coworkers online like bike riding, car race, etc.
- Google Play provides several work games online for free like virtual cricket, virtual football games, and so on.
Virtual game ideas software
unremot is the most user-friendly online resource available that can be leveraged to organize and conduct virtual gatherings and play games as a team, within the company. The platform is essentially designed to collaborate and interact among remote teams, thus most appropriate for those who regularly communicate.
It comes with a host of features like a virtual watercooler, cafeterias, game zones, group movie experiences, and reading zones. It is enabled with video conferencing and chat interfaces, which are exclusive to your team.