Are you an aspiring SQL professional and passionate about remote SQL jobs? Here’s the right place to start your journey – read on!
Data is the new money, and thus, SQL Jobs are in huge demand these days. Thus, if you want a job related to data, you should try to brush up on your SQL skills. Almost 25000+ jobs posted on Indeed in the past months showed SQL as one of the key skills.
SQL is one of the most core skills that every data scientist and analyst needs. With the recent pandemic, the demand for remote SQL jobs has increased dramatically.
This demand is not going to diminish any soon because almost all companies in the world rely on data. Go through this article to know everything about remote SQL jobs.
Market opportunity for remote SQL jobs
Most people ask questions like, is there any market opportunity for remote SQL jobs at present. The answer to this question is pretty simple. There has not been as much demand for SQL jobs work from home as it is in the present.
In a survey conducted in the month of February-March 2020, it was found that SQL is the most requested tech skill. Even Java and python could not beat the demand for SQL.
Almost 2.5 quintillions of data are produced across the world every single day, and the rise of Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning will further this demand. Thus, every company and business will need people who can help them in data analysis. Thus, the demand for SQL developers will increase further.
If you are still skeptical about SQL remote jobs, this little stat will help you make your choice. As per a survey, if you search for a data analysis job, it will clearly show you 60% of jobs need SQL as a basic requirement to fulfill the criteria. Even entry-level data analysis jobs demand knowledge and understanding of SQL. Thus, the market opportunity for SQL is ever-increasing at present.
Job titles and career paths under remote SQL jobs
If you are interested in work from home SQL jobs, you should know that you are making a great choice. You can find lots of job opportunities if you know SQL. Out of all databases that companies use, SQL stands at the top position.
Some of the major positions that you will get after completing your SQL certification include the Database administrator, database developer, database tester, and BI application interface, developer.
Some of the major positions that you can achieve in your career after a few years of experience include the big data expert, cloud data expert, data analyst, and big data architect. All these positions need different levels of specialization, qualification, and skills.
Some of the positions, like Big data analysts, provide solutions to organizations about how they can handle their data. In addition to this, people at posts like data analysts have to work very hard to create KPIs or Key Performance Indicators to analyze different data sets.
ELT developers have the responsibility to work on extracting the data and to transform data from different databases. Thus, for all candidates who want to work in the field of data and analysis of data, remote SQL jobs can offer life-changing opportunities.
Qualification needed for remote SQL jobs
When it comes to the qualification needed for remote SQL jobs, you can get SQL developer remote-jobs. Without any formal qualification, a degree in computer science can work well for most people. If you want to become an SQL developer, one of the first things that you need to consider is the qualification you need.
Almost 53% of SQL developers have just a bachelor’s degree. In terms of higher education, almost 35% of SQL developers have a master’s degree. Even though most SQL developers have a bachelor’s or a master’s degree, you can get part-time SQL even without a college degree.
Choosing the right major is one of the major factors that you need to consider if you are looking for a SQL developer job remote. It is advisable to go for a degree in computer science and related fields to get a better opportunity for a job. In addition to this, try to go for different certification programs and diplomas to get better skills.
You can also complete a few internships while you are still in college to make sure that you are ahead in the competition. Thus, you can reach the heights of success without too many degrees. But, education never goes in vain, and thus, you should try to complete your college degree.
Skills needed for remote SQL jobs
Certain skills are in great demand if you are looking for SQL server remote jobs. We have compiled the list of skills in two major variants. These skills are described as hard skills and soft skills. The hard skills are the technical skill that is highly needed to get remote SQL jobs.
Soft skills are those skills that will help you to communicate with your teammates so that you can work in an efficient manner. Following is the list of skills that you must inculcate to get SQL jobs remote.
- Excellent knowledge of frameworks like Transact SQL and .NET SQL
- The candidate needs to be familiar with SQL 2000 and SQL 2005
- The candidate needs to be intuitive, and he/she should understand migration needs.
- Good knowledge about data structure and algorithms
- Knowledge about SQL databases like MySQL and NoSQL
- A good understanding of Linux is highly needed.
- Good communication skills
- Good analytical and problem-solving skill
- Ability to work in teams as well as independently
- Management skills
Thus, if you have all these skills, you will have higher chances of getting remote SQL jobs.
Roles and responsibilities of remote SQL jobs
There are lots of roles and responsibilities of remote SQL jobs. Every SQL developer has the task of designing and developing services and applications. Thus, they have to make use of different tools and development models available at their disposal.
SQL developers need to analyze, maintain, develop, design, test, and optimize different database components like schema, views, stored procedures, as well as triggers. If you have taken up part-time SQL jobs, you have to complete ownership of relevant modules and also conduct analysis and design activities with the collaboration of development teams.
The involvement of SQL developers is integral during performance tuning as well as troubleshooting. Following are some of the major roles and responsibilities of remote SQL jobs,
- Development of high-quality SQL database solutions
- Development, implementation, as well as optimization of stored procedures and functions.
- Review and interpretation of ongoing business report requirements
- Research on different types of data
- Building appropriate reports
- Analyzing existing SQL queries for performance improvement
- Suggesting new queries
- Development of procedure and different scripts for data migration
- Providing timely scheduled management reporting
- Investigation exceptions with regard to different assets movement.
Certifications to get remote SQL jobs
If you want to have a career in SQL development, it is recommended to have certifications. Getting certifications will help you to grab better promotions and to garner chances of getting new job profiles. Having a SQL server certification will help you to churn out the best from relational databases of gigantic size.
One of the best ways to improve your SQL skills is to get a Microsoft SQL certificate that can fit perfectly with your resume. Having a SQL certification will help you to get the best opportunities in the field of database administration, analysis, as well as development. Following are the recommended certifications to get remote SQL jobs,
- Microsoft Technology Associate: This is an entry-level database fundamental SQL certification.
- Microsoft Certified Solutions Associate: This is an associate-level SQL 2016 Database development certification.
- Microsoft certified solutions associate: This is also an associate-level SQL 2016 database administration certification.
- Microsoft Certified Solutions associate: This is an SQL 2016 Business intelligence Development certification.
- Microsoft Certified Solutions Associate: This is an SQL server 2012/2014 certification. This associate-level certification will help you climb the ladder of success.
Top 10 tools needed for remote SQL jobs
If you want to get SQL work from home jobs, you need to be well-equipped with certain tools. This list of the top 10 tools needed for remote SQL jobs will make your part-time SQL jobs easier.
1. Database performance analyzer – It will help you find the reason for different bottlenecks and also reduces the overall cost of database operations.
2. Studio for SQL server – This is one of the most powerful tools that will help you to perform different tasks like server management, administration of data, data reporting, analysis, and a lot more.
3. dbwatch – Dbwatch is a tool that can help you with complete database monitoring and management solutions for SQL Server.
4. Server configuration monitor – It is a tool that will help you to detect and compare configuration changes to the server, applications, and different databases.
5. Entity Framework profiler – This tool is a real-time visual-debugger that optimizes how different applications work with its data.
6. ManageEngine application manager – This is a powerful SQL database monitoring system that supports all versions of Microsoft SQL databases.
7. Database monitoring tool – The database monitoring tool can be helpful in your freelance SQL jobs, as it will help you migrate your database content with maximum ease.
8. Jet Profiler tool – this is a real-time query performance and diagnostic tool that can help you in your SQL freelance jobs.
9. EMS SQL Manager – This tool will help you to create as well as edit SQL database objects and create, modify, and execute SQL queries.
10. SQL server management studio express – This tool will help you in your freelance SQL work, in accessing, managing, and developing different components of SQL.
So, use all these tools for your SQL contract job and get maximum efficiency and performance in your task.
Top 25 dream companies for remote SQL jobs
If you are looking for SQL contract jobs, you need to find the top 25 dream companies for remote SQL jobs. Following are the list of best companies
- Teladoc health: This company works in the healthcare sector.
- IQVIA: IQVIA is a global provider of information and innovation technology solutions.
- Ipreo: This is a leading provider of financial services technology
- Wells Fargo: Wells Fargo is a company that provides community-based financial services
- CCS Global Tech: CCS Global tech company that works in the domain of enterprise solutions.
- The HLA group: This company works in the domain of building and construction.
- Infinity Tech Group: Infinity Tech Group is a global company associated with staffing and outsourcing.
- JSMN International: This company works in the field of advertising and marketing.
- Summitworks technology: The company is engaged in offering hardware and software solutions.
- Dextro Software Systems: This is an IT service-based company.
- Rockstar Games: This company is a publisher of matured video games
- Bloomberg LP: Bloomberg is the world’s highest distributor of financial data and top news provider.
- Ideal concepts: This company relates to the insurance sector
- Datto: Datto is a company that works in the field of IT services
- Paychex: the company provides enterprise software and network solutions
- Young & Rubicam: This is an advertising and marketing company
- Cigna: Cigna is a global company that works in the field of insurance
- Honeywell: Honeywell is a global company that manufactures computer hardware and software.
- Aetna: Aetna is an insurance provider company.
- NIIT: NIIT offers education training services
- Atos-Syntel: The company works in the domain of IT services
- Allscripts: Allscripts is a company involved in manufacturing computer hardware and software.
- Sapiens: Sapiens offers enterprise software and network solutions.
- Looker: This is a computer hardware and software manufacturing company
- IQ Tech Pros: This is a consultation company.
Top job boards to find remote SQL jobs
If you are looking for remote SQL jobs, you should check these top job boards to find remote SQL jobs.
- Linkedin: This platform can help you get easy access to lots of entry-level Freelance SQL jobs.
- Indeed: Indeed works like a job search engine, and it will help you in finding remote SQL jobs instantly.
- Dice: This is the best platform for technology professionals
- CareerBuilder: This is one of the longest-running websites for job hunters
- unremot: This is like a virtual office for remote job seekers.
- Monster: This is the most famous global employment website
- Glassdoor: this website will help you get a job and also provide you with a review of different companies
- Stack Overflow: This is one of the best platforms for job seekers and developers
- UpWork: This is the most convenient place to find SQL remote jobs.
- Flexjobs: This platform is best for all types of job hunters, including SQL developers.
Top resume elements of remote SQL jobs
You need to add top resume elements of remote SQL jobs to get the perfect job that you need. Try to include all these elements and points in your resume to get the best SQL remote jobs.
- SQL Skills
- Your previous experience at your job
- Necessary soft skills like communication and presentation skills
- Your proven Oracle and PL/SQL skills
- SQL certification
- Past roles and responsibilities.
Including all these elements will increase your chances of getting hired.
Remote SQL jobs pay structures
Most SQL developers in America can get an average salary of $78696 per year. In terms of hours, they can get $38 per hour. But, if you are working in a top company, you can even earn up to $95000 per year.
The button 10% of SQL developers and analysts may get a minimum salary of $64000 per year. Thus, in terms of salary, remote SQL job’s pay structures are quite nice. If you want to add additional income, you can also go for freelance SQL jobs.
Entry level remote SQL jobs
If you are new to the SQL world and if you are looking for Entry level remote SQL jobs, you can get a variety of options. If you don’t have much experience in this domain, you can work as a data analyst but with junior positions.
You can also work as a data administrator. Entry-level remote SQL jobs will help you to understand the nitty-gritty of the job in a better way. You can also get positions like junior database programmer and junior SQL developer.