Looking out for a cold caller? Need to know how and where to find the best candidates? Here is a comprehensive guide to finding the best cold callers. Read on!
How to hire a cold caller?
Every organization needs people who can make cold calls for selling products or for soliciting donations. The main task of cold callers is to answer incoming calls from prospective customers. They use scripts to provide information about the features, prices, and benefits of products as well as services offered by an organization.
Cold callers are also called telemarketers. They generate sales by cold calling as well as by answering requests in a fast-paced environment. Many calling agencies hire cold callers to influence existing potential customers to purchase goods as well as services. The main goal of hiring a cold caller is to promote business growth by expanding the company’s clientele.
Hiring market for cold callers
Cold calling may seem an old-fashioned way of promoting your business and selling your products and services. But, different statistics show that cold calling is still relevant. As per statistics, almost 69% of buyers accept one or more cold calls on an everyday basis.
In addition to this, 82% of buyers have also opined that they have accepted meetings with salespeople only after a series of contacts began with cold calls. The best part about cold calling services is that it has the potential to transform strangers into prospects.
Many CEOs and top executives in many companies prefer phone calls instead of other media in the initial stage of project planning. Thus, there are lots of opportunities available for telecallers and cold callers. The employment rate for cold callers is expected to grow at the rate of 3.1% per annum.
Thus, candidates with good communication abilities and knowledge about the domain can get quite impressive opportunities. The best part about the cold calling sector is that they are needed in almost all sectors and industries.
They are needed in business support services, management, the technical consulting sector, credit intermediation, and the telecommunication industry. This means, there is no dearth of opportunity for well-qualified cold callers.
Top 15 Job titles for cold caller
Below is a summary of the most recent cold caller job titles,
1. Sales Representative
The main task of a sales representative is to showcase and sell solutions to potential customers. One of their major tasks is to sell and negotiate with potential customers. The average salary demanded by a sales representative in the USA is $60,000.
2. Inside Sales Representative
An inside sales representative is responsible for generating sales. They communicate with the client over the phone. They also have the responsibility to create hype for a product so that fruitful relationships can be made with the customer. The mean salary demanded by an inside sales representative is $41000.
3. Technical Support Agent
Technical support agents mostly get employment opportunities in the IT sector. Their main task is to help customers get rid of any technical glitches or issues they face in using technology. A technical support agent may demand an average payment of $33,028 per annum.
4. Customer Service Supervisor
The main job of a customer service supervisor is to guarantee that customer’s experience at the organization they are working is great. They ask for reviews from the customers about their experience. A customer services supervisor may demand an average pay of $47,872 per annum.
5. Finance Service Representative
Finance service representatives mostly get employment in the finance sector. They help customers in making the right investment decisions. In addition to this, they can also provide help related to choosing insurance and loan from the bank. The average salary demanded by a financial service representative is $52,638 per annum.
The main task of a telemarketer is to gain customers so that the sales performance of a business can be improved. Without the persuasive skills of a telemarketer, it can be difficult for a business to strive in a competitive environment. A telemarketer may demand an average pay of $26,290 yearly.
7. Account Representative
Some of the main tasks of an account representative is to go through customer complaints and work towards a solution for each complaint by customers. An account representative may demand an average pay of $49,298 per annum.
8. Patient Service Representative
The patient service representative has the main goal of providing information about the patient, their reports, and their appointment with the doctor. If you are hiring a patient service representative, you may have to pay an average of $33,137 yearly.
9. Call Center Specialist
You can also hire someone to make cold calls if you own a call center. Call center specialists are needed for all types of organizations and sectors. They have the main task of calling customers and let them know about the goods and services they offer. You have to pay an average annual salary of $44,225.
10. Insurance Agent
You can also outsource cold calling services if you own an insurance company. Their main task is to sell a particular type of insurance. They can be helpful in selling car insurance, rental, and health insurance. An insurance agent may demand an annual pay of $40181 per annum.
11. Credit Analysts
After the recession in 2008, most finance-related companies started hiring credit analysts. The main job of a credit analyst is to help customers in making the right decision at the time of making an investment decision. They also help people in mortgaging property and assets. The average salary that you have to pay to a credit analyst is anything between $45000- $55,000.
12. Real Estate Agents
Real estate lead calling service enables a property owner or real estate business to target potential customers and clients who can purchase real estate properties. A real estate agent may demand an average salary of $52,805 per annum.
13. Reservation Agents
You can also outsource cold calling service providers for your hotel and restaurant business. The main task of a reservation agent is to help your business get more customers on an everyday basis. You may have to pay an average annual salary of $13.30 per hour.
14. Customer Service Manager
This is a senior-level position in calling companies. The main job of a customer service manager is to make sure that the customers are highly satisfied by the level of services and goods offered by your company. A customer service manager may demand a salary of more than $83,013 per annum.
15. Outbound Sales Representative
Outbound sales representatives have a list of data and customer information. Thus, they make calls to the customers with the hope of getting sales cracked. If you are hiring an outbound sales representative for your company, you may have to pay an average annual salary of $53,577 per annum.
Qualifications to look for in cold caller
Virtual assistant cold calling services are a type of sales representative. Thus, not too big educational qualifications are needed if you want to hire a cold caller. A candidate with basic educational capabilities and an undergraduate degree are essential when you are hiring a cold caller.
Cold calling skills are more important than the qualification of a candidate. If you are looking for a lead calling service, you can hire candidates who have studied in the following colleges/academies.
|Grand Canyon University||Arizona|
|Southern New Hampshire University||New Hampshire|
|University of Michigan||Ann Arbor, Michigan|
|University of North Carolina||North Carolina|
|University of Virginia||Virginia|
|Arizona state university||Arizona|
Skills to look for in cold caller
Following are some of the major qualifications that you must check when hiring someone for cold call services.
- Persistence – Cold calling is tough. Plain and simple. Sometimes customers hang up on outsource sales calls and sometimes they may get too rude. Thus, it is important to look for a candidate who is persistent in his/her work.
- Research skills – Excellent research skill is another major factor that you must check when you hire cold callers. The more the caller will know about the customer, the better pitch he/she can prepare. Thus, make sure to check research skills when you look for cold calling outsourcing.
- Gatekeeper navigation skills – When a candidate is on a cold call, they don’t have enough time to think about the best response or proper things to say. Thus, it is important to hire cold callers who can think and respond quickly.
- Questioning ability – Cold calling service is all about questioning and the ability to respond to questions. Try to look for candidates with good questioning abilities.
- Objection handling skills – Cold calling and objection handling go hand in hand. For cold calling companies, it is necessary to find a candidate who has good objection handling skills.
Also Read: Hire UX Designer | Everything you must know
Certifications to look for in a cold caller
If you want the best cold calling executive, it is important to know if the person has got certifications or not. A well-certified cold caller can help you get reliable and fruitful contracts and sales for your company. Following are some of the best certifications you need to check.
- Cold calling mastery by Udemy – The course enables candidates to get useful tools and skills needed for delivering persuasive pitch over the telephone. The certification course also offers a clear and effective structure to go through the steps of a sales call.
- CMD Cold calling certificate – Most calling agencies to look for this certification in the candidate. The course teaches candidates about why cold calling is still relevant. Taking up this course can also help candidates to get motivated before they take up the first call of their career.
- Cudoo sales calling certification – This course can be taken up by business owners as well as employees who work in cold calling services companies. The course can be helpful in improving the number of sales. It can also improve the confidence of a caller in the long term.
- Cold calling certificate by CPD – The certificate is certified by CPD certification services. The course enables students to understand the role of cold calling in modern sales. The certification will also enable students to understand customer psychology.
Rate per hour of a cold caller
If you want to improve the efficiency of the sales of your calling company, the best way is to hire freelancers for cold calling. You can also look out for cold call companies that can offer you services. It is advisable to make a payment on an hourly basis.
If you want to get efficient services, you can also offer additional incentives based on the type of sales and call quality. On average, you have to make a payment of $12 to $16. You may also have to pay an additional 10% commission on closed deals.
Cold callers from different sectors demand different hourly payments. On average, you may have to pay at least $14 to a cold caller in the United States. To hire real estate cold calling services, you may have to pay a bit more.
Cold calling rates in Europe are slightly less. Thus, on average, you have to pay $8 per hour to a cold calling agency. Asian regions are known for best companies that cold call for you. If you hire an Asian cold caller, you need to pay anything between $8- $14 per hour.
Also Read: Hire Animators | Know before you start
Top 10 job boards to find the best cold caller
Following are some of the major job boards that can enable you to get in touch with the best cold calling service providers.
- Career builder – This is a large job board that boasts of posting more than 125 million candidates every month.
- unremot.com – This is one of the best job boards that can enable you to get in touch with candidates suitable for all types of jobs including sales jobs without cold calling.
- Glassdoor – This is the best platform where employers, as well as candidates, can get in touch with each other. The reviews on the glassdoor platform can help you to know better about the company as well as the candidate.
- Indeed – Indeed is another renowned name where you can choose the best candidates for cold calling telemarketing.
- Job2career – This is a good job site that is visited by millions of job seekers every month. You can find your favorite candidate on this platform.
- Monster – Monster is the real monster when it comes to choosing the best cold callers and telemarketers.
- Nexxt – Nexxt is one of the best job boards at present. Initially, it was known by the name Beyond.
- Resume-Library – This is a job site based in Boston. Candidates can post their job on this job site and they can get connected to employers quickly.
- Snagajob – This is an international job board known for offering lots of openings for cold callers.
- US Jobs – By posting jobs in U.S. jobs, employers can get in touch with selected and best candidates for cold calling jobs.
Top 10 companies hiring cold caller and salaries offered
Following are some of the best companies that are hiring cold callers. You can check employment availability at these companies.
|The Wooditch Company||$80 per hour|
|FreeUp||$30 per hour|
|Apollo Recruiting||$6 per hour|
|TalentWorldGroup Plc||$10 per hour|
|Garden stuff||$22 per hour|
|Fast help on demand||$5 per hour|
|VP||$12 per hour|
|Unisource Apparel Inc||$62 per hour|
|Sunbelt Business Broker||$40 per hour|
|Inexorable Listings||$4 per hour|
Top 10 interview questions for a cold caller
1. What are your ideas and opinions about call centers?
Rationale: This question will enable you to know if the candidate is interested in cold calling jobs and if the candidate knows about the job.
Sample Answer: A call center is a place where individuals take calls from customers and try to offer quality services to their clients.
2. What should be the main priority for a cold calling job?
Rationale: This is a beginner-level question that you can ask a candidate. This question is suitable for candidates with little to no knowledge about telemarketing or cold calling.
Sample Answer: The main priority of cold calling should be to get leads for the project.
3. What do you mean by B2B, B2C, and B2G?
Rationale: This is a technical question that will help you to know if the candidate understands the difference between these call types and job requirements.
Sample Answer: B2B means business to business. This refers to a business transaction between two businesses. B2C call types mean communication between business and customer. These calls are taken by a cold caller to explain to customers about products or services. B2G means, Business to Government calls.
4. What are the techniques that you use to gain the trust of a customer?
Rationale: The answer to this question will help you to know about the technique and process of working by the cold caller.
Sample Answer: Following are some of the major techniques that I use to gain the trust of a customer.
- I try to speak softly
- I remain helpful and friendly while communicating
- I try to explain the features of the product/service to the customer.
5. What are some of the good telephone protocols?
Rationale: This question can be asked to a candidate whom you want to hire for a senior-level position.
Sample Answer: Some of the good telephone protocols include,
- Being quick and responsive while answering calls
- Being sure that customers are greeted well
- Taking permission from customer before putting a call on hold
- The customer must be happy and satisfied with the answer of the caller.
6. What according to you is the best time for telemarketing calls?
Rationale: This question will enable you to know if the candidate knows the basics about making telemarketing calls.
Sample Answer: Telemarketers should not call customers unless they have taken permission and consent from the customers. In terms of time, evening and afternoon is the best time to call customers.
7. What do you mean by autodialer?
Rationale: This is a technical question that you can ask a candidate for a cold calling job.
Sample Answer: An auto dialer is software that we use to dial phone numbers automatically.
8. What do you mean by spamming?
Rationale: This is another technical question that you can ask a cold caller candidate.
Sample Answer: Spamming is the process of sending random bulk messages or calls for the purpose of telemarketing.
9. What do you do when a customer becomes angry?
Rationale: This is a behavioral question that you can ask a cold caller.
Sample Answer: This situation happens on an everyday basis when one or the other customer gets angry. In these situations, I try to stay calm and I also try to listen to the customer patiently.
10. What do you like about the cold-calling job?
Rationale: The answer to this question will enable you to know if the candidate is passionate about the job or not.
Sample Answer: I like the fact that I can challenge myself every day through this job.