Looking out for a Minecraft builder? Need to know how and where to find the best candidates? Here is a comprehensive guide to finding the best Minecraft builders. Read on!
How to hire a Minecraft builder?
Minecraft is a popular online game in 3D mode, where one can create buildings, houses, landscapes, and create a world of their own. Several plugins have been developed like the Minecraft bot plugin, Minecraft Map art plugin, and many more to enable the players to insert certain features into their creations.
Besides, it offers a Minecraftmarket plugin to the server owners to sell their inline commands to the players after registering to the Minecraft market website. The demand for Minecraft video game is on the rise and hence there is a constant need of experts to bring in new features and continue supporting the game.
In this article, we will elaborately discuss the skills, qualities, academic qualifications, certifications, interview questions that are related to the recruitment of a Minecraft Builder.
Hiring market for Minecraft builders
Though there are not predictions made by the US Bureau of Labor Statistics or any other agencies on the job growth percentage for Minecraft YouTubers for hire or builders. Yet it seems, the demands are increasing as visualized from the job opportunities posted on the different job boards.
Small businesses and organizations are also investing in Minecraft plugin developer for hire to monitor the Minecraft service platform and the servers. Even creating new plugins for Minecraft job games is increasingly becoming popular.
Thus rising up the influx for Minecraft developers and builders. The most job opening for Minecraft in the US is at the cities of Seattle, Baltimore, Irvine, and Vallejo. And the US states providing the highest jobs are Virginia, New York, and Texas. The annual salary of a Minecraft Builder can rise up to USD 108K which is quite lucrative.
The entry-level salary varies between USD 18K to USD 20K per annum. The average salary of a Minecraft developer for hire is nearly USD 80K per annum, with an experience level of 7 to 10 years. Above 10 years of experience, the remuneration may rise to 107K per year and below 7 years the annual compensation is almost USD 36K.
Also Read: Hire Bookkeepers | A complete guide
Top 15 recent job titles for Minecraft builders
As owners of Minecraft servers help needed on the roles, where the candidates can be recruited, is a common question. Here are the top job titles for hiring a Minecraft builder,
1. Data Engineer in Minecraft
Expertise in collecting data, analyzing data and developing logic or algorithms for accessing the data of Minecraft games easily. They must understand the objectives of the game and assign the data accordingly. The annual salary varies between USD 95K to USD 100K.
2. Senior Software engineer in Minecraft
Proficient in building the games in Minecraft leveraging engineering techniques, principles and programming languages. They develop video games and run the network systems. The salary ranges between USD 90K to USD 110K per year.
3. Principal Software Engineering Lead in Minecraft
He guides, lead, and monitors a team of software engineers entrusted in building and creating the games in Minecraft. They mentor the team in completing the development work as per the stated requirements. Their salary is a bit higher about USD 120K per year.
4. Minecraft Server Developer
Entrusted with the responsibility of developing or modifying new or old servers of Minecraft. Must possess knowledge of programming, networking, and infrastructure. Their annual salary ranges between USD 40K to USD 50K.
5. Minecraft Plugin Developer
Entrusted with the responsibility of developing or modifying new or old plugins of Minecraft. Must possess knowledge of programming languages like JAVA, HTML, and C++ and the mode of installation on the servers. Their annual salary ranges between USD 40K to USD 50K.
6. Minecraft Mod Developer
Entrusted with the responsibility of developing or modifying new or old mods of Minecraft. Must possess knowledge of programming languages like JAVA, HTML, and C++ and the mode of installation on the servers. Their annual salary ranges between USD 40K to USD 50K.
7. Analytics Environment Manager in Minecraft
Expertise in architecting solutions related to data and proficient in creating data structures, cubes, data sets, datamarts, Datawarehouse etc. leveraging AI and machine learning language. Their annual salary ranges between USD 90K to USD 100K
8. Technical Program Manager in Minecraft
Leading a team of technical experts entrusted with the responsibility of creating and building new features in Minecraft. Responsible for delivering the technical components as per the stated design and deadline. Their annual salary ranges between USD 80K to USD 90K.
9. Data Scientist of Minecraft
Leverages several modeling and statistical techniques to analyze data that help in sharing insights on Minecraft user experience, any performance issues etc. Their analysis helps Microsoft to gain business insights and initiate objective decisions. . Their annual salary ranges between USD 100K to USD 120K.
10. Minecraft Specialist
A senior experienced Minecraft professional, hired by the owner of a Minecraft server help needed on plugin development, server development, setting up network, etc. Their annual salary ranges between USD 85K to USD 95K.
11. Minecraft Video Game Designers
Capable of designing video games like Minecraft by stating the content and rules of the games and the execution method. They curate the gameplay, design the layout, and testing the games on completion of development. Their annual salary ranges between USD 80K to USD 85K.
12. Minecraft Software Developers
Software developers understand the business requirements, and design and develop the software. They also perform software upgrades and develop new features and functionalities. Their annual salary ranges between USD 70K to USD 80K.
13. Minecraft Animators
Possess artistic skills in creating images in video games like Minecraft. The images are created in multiple frames to provide a sequence of illusions. Their annual salary ranges between USD 70K to USD 75K.
14. Minecraft Video Game Testers
Provides quality assurance services in testing video games like Minecraft. They ensure the games are free of any bugs and report defects for rectification. The testers create test cases and scripts for executing the tests and verifies the outcome as against the expected test results. Their annual salary is normally around USD 53K which may rise as high as USD 100K with experience.
15. Minecraft Video Game Developers
Video game developers understand the business requirements, and design pertaining to video games like Minecraft and develop the games. They also modify or add new features and functionalities to video games. Their annual salary ranges between USD 55K to USD 70K.
Qualifications to look for in Minecraft builder
Minecraft experts must possess a degree in Computer science for you to consider for recruitment. The educational qualifications to look for in Minecraft builders for hire are,
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science (CS) or IT
- Master’s Degree in Computer Science or IT
The top US colleges in the US which offer courses in computer programming to aid a professional Minecraft player or developer are,
- The University of California Berkeley offering a five-year program on both Bachelor’s and Master’s program in CS
- Massachusetts Institute of Technology provides 4 undergraduate courses on CS
- California Institute of Technology has 2-degree courses in CS and Applied plus Computational Mathematics
- Georgia Institute of Technology offers degrees in CS and Computational Media
- Carnegie Mellon University provides courses on CS and research opportunities
- Harvard University has degree courses as well as research programs on software, graphics, etc.
- Stanford University offers Bachelor’s and Master’s degree in CS
- The University of Michigan has 2 colleges offering CS programs on software, networks, algorithms, etc.
- Yale University, offering undergraduate courses on data structures, maths, programming, algorithms, design, etc.
- The University of Virginia conducts Bachelor’s degree in CS through 2 of its colleges.
Skills to look for in Minecraft builders
While searching for Minecraft builders or Minecraft server developers for hire, you must check the skills and qualities for fitment to your company job roles. Here are the key skills that you must check,
- Proficiency in programming languages involving C, C++, Java, HTML Scripting, PHP, etc.
- Knowledge of mathematical algorithms and logic as video games are essentially formula-based
- Awareness of the different plugins required for Minecraft as browser extensions, WordPress, Discus, etc.
- Possess analytical mindset to explore new features of enhancement of the new features of the game
- The inclination to explore places of travel, construction engineering, building roads, etc.
- Continual learning of the advanced coding concepts and server functions
- Collaboration skills in interacting constantly with the designers, testers to bring in interesting and innovative enhancements or plugins of Minecraft
- The creative thought process in bringing in attractive features or objects that entice the players
- Ability to work in freelance, remote, contract-based mode independently with minimal assistance
- Capable to meet the deadlines of a Minecraft project through proper planning and organizing the activities
- Good verbal and written communications to interact with various stakeholders and writing down the technical specifications or pseudo-codes.
Certifications to look for in Minecraft builders
Owners of Minecraft servers looking for developers or recruiting firms hiring Minecraft developers must verify additional programming certifications before hiring. The JAVA certifications to be checked are,
- Oracle Certified Associate Java Programmer – OCAJP. …
- Oracle Certified Professional Java Programmer – OCPJP. …
- Spring Professional Certification. …
- Oracle Certified Expert – Web Component Developer – OCEWCD. …
- Apache Spark Developer Certification – HDPCD.
Furthermore, you can also check for HTML certifications like,
- Exam 70-480 offered by Microsoft on HTML, Java scripting, and CSS
- HTML certification conducted by CanCanIT
- HTML and JAVA certification and courses offered by Udemy
- CP450 – HTML 5.0 provided by National Computer Science Academy
- Front End web developer professional certificate program
- Introduction to web design and development provided by LinkedIn
- HTML, CSS, and Java scripting courses offered by Coursera
Rate per hour of Minecraft builder
The hourly rate of a Minecraft builder majorly depends on the plugins to be developed and the type of servers handled. Experience and skillset play an important role while determining the rate per hour of a Minecraft builder.
In normal circumstances, if you are hiring for developing or enhancing Minecraft basketball servers, Minecraft PubG server, Minecraft clash royale server, or Minecraft rocket league server for example; the hourly rates are USD 30 in the US states.
The rate increases with the additional duties and responsibilities. It can rise as high as USD 60 per hour with the increase in the experience level. Microsoft who has bought Mojang, the independent gaming company of Minecraft, hires developers and builders significantly to keep on improvising and supporting the game.
In the UK, the rates reach up to USD 56 per hour dependent on the plugins to be developed or enhanced. In India, the owner of a Minecraft server hiring developers or builders, has to pay comparatively cheaper hourly rates than that of the US and UK. It is normally USD 15 per hour.
Top 10 job boards to find the best Minecraft builders
Since now you are aware of the qualities to check in the Minecraft server developers and builders; the next question is where and how to hire a professional Minecraft player? Enlisted are the job websites from where you can search for a Minecraft Builder,
- Upwork – One of the largest job boards to hire a Minecraft expert. You can post your job roles to hire professional Minecraft experts and even search through the registered profiles.
- unremot.com – Enables you to gain access into a global workforce where you just mention the job description of the Minecraft developers for hire.
- Indeed – The popular job website containing profiles of a massive pool of freelancers for hiring a Minecraft Builder, through different search criteria and filters.
- Toptal – In Toptal, you need to specify the job description of the Minecraft plugin developers for hire and the details about the roles.
- Hired – The unique aspects of Hired website is its search ability to locate a Minecraft plugin developer or builder both experienced and entry-level with the requisite experience and talent
- Stack Overflow – The job board assists you to gain access to Minecraft plugin developers worldwide, with a great deal of experience and expertise in website development
- People per hour – Essentially focuses on a huge profile of Minecraft animators for hire, a listing of job opportunities, and different modes of employment.
- GitHub Jobs – You have to pay a small fee to list the Minecraft server jobs opportunities. It will help you to gain access to the site’s developer community.
- We Work Remotely – The job board is prominent and well known for hiring freelance professionals interested to work in the remote mode of employment
- Working Nomads – Another popular job website for searching and hiring a Minecraft builder, preferably interested to work remotely or as a freelancer.
Top 10 companies hiring Minecraft builder and salaries offered
Let us now understand which are the top companies currently hiring Minecraft builders or developers. The entry-level salary varies between USD 25 to USD 30 per hour. The compensation increases with the increase in the experience level, skill set, and qualities.
- Microsoft Corporation, a multi-national technology conglomerate of the US
- Hive Games, the official partner of Minecraft for providing servers
- Varuna, leading 3PL logistics and Warehousing company
- Adventurize, an advertising services company
- Shockbyte, the largest gamer server in the APAC region
- Evolve, a place for video gamers to login and play games
- DigitalOcean, a cloud infrastructure provider in the US
- BisectHosting, hosting service provider for Minecraft
- Apex Hosting, a company in the US, delivering support for Minecraft server hosting
- Mineplex, a company specializing in creating Minecraft mini-games like clans, bridgers, super smash mobs, etc.
Also Read: Hire Technical Writer | A complete guide
Top 10 interview questions for Minecraft builders
While interviewing a Minecraft builder, it is essential to understand if the candidate is proficient in programming, knowledge of servers and plugins. Here is a list from where you can refer for preparing the interview questions along with their expected answers,
1. How to set up a Minecraft server with evolving?
Rationale: To understand whether the candidate is aware of the application evolution and its configuration.
Expected Answer: As a first step, the candidate must talk about installing the application, then defining the players, matchmaking, etc.
2. Do you know about PubG Minecraft server?
Rationale: To check the candidate’s knowledge on the various servers of Minecraft
Expected Answer: Ensure the candidate mentions the server to be the one that brings in battlegrounds to the game.
3. State what do you know about clash royale server Minecraft?
Rationale: To verify if the candidate is aware of how to create unique games in Minecraft.
Expected Answer: The clash royale Minecraft server is essentially a network used to create unique video games.
4. Are you aware of Minecraft pokemon plugin?
Rationale: To judge the awareness of the candidate on the most common concept of Minecraft.
Expected Answer: The candidate must highlight the most popular mod of Minecraft as Pokémon or Pixelmon 5.0.5 used for moving Pokémon’s for a better user experience.
5. What do you understand by Minecraft Spam Bot online?
Rationale: To validate if the candidate understands the automation aspects of Minecraft.
Expected Answer: Ensure the candidate mentions the spambot as the means of automating the difficult tasks in Minecraft like simplifying clicks.
6. State the top 5 Minecraft servers
Rationale: To verify the basic knowledge of the candidate on the Minecraft servers
Expected Answer: Check if the candidate is mentioning Mineplex, Minescape, Brawl, Minewind, and Grand Theft Minecart.
7. Define a plugin in Minecraft world of development?
Rationale: To check whether the candidate possesses the experience and expertise to create plugins
Expected Answer: The candidate must define a plugin as the means of changing certain aspects of the video game.
8. What do you understand about mod in Minecraft builder?
Rationale: The question will help to understand whether the candidate for Minecraft hired help, is aware of the difference between mod and plugin.
Expected Answer: Mod is essentially used to add new features or items to Minecraft
9. How are the Minecraft plugins installed?
Rationale: A mandatory question to ask while interviewing hired help Minecraft experts.
Expected Answer: The plugins are installed on the servers.
10. Are you aware of the team unity Minecraft mudpack used?
Rationale: Team Unity Minecraft is a popular episode in Minecraft games and hence the candidate must understand the mudpack used for any changes or additions.
Expected Answer: Revelation is the mudpack used for Team Unity Minecraft with optimal stability and performance.