1. Look for skill sets
2. Pay attention to technical knowledge
3. Soft skills
4. Learning attitude in a candidate
5. Creativity around the development
6. Job description for the role
7. Pay attention to portfolio
8. Social media presence
9. Online test is the key
10. Let them test your website
Also Read: Hire Technical Writer | A complete guide
|Carnegie Mellon University||Pittsburgh|
|University of California||Berkley|
|Princeton University||New Jersey|
|University of California||Los Angeles|
|Georgia Institute of technology||Atlanta|
|Cornell University||New York|
|California Institute of Technology||California|
|University of Washington||Seattle|
|University of Texas||Austin|
1. Ability to keep with industry trends
2. Good knowledge of browsers
3. React and redux skills
React framework has seen vast popularity in 2020 as it is a library open-sourced by Facebook. Thus, the candidate you are hiring must have knowledge about React. Redux is known to offer easy implementation and it makes testing of applications easier. Thus, make sure to check these skill sets available in the candidate.
4. Communication skills
5. Knowledge about HTML/CSS
6. JQuery knowledge
7. Version control
9. Problem-solving ability
10. Learn as needed
1. Microsoft Technology Association certification
CIW means, Certified Internet Web Professional. Possession of this certification means that the candidate is interested in designing client-side, platform-independent solutions that can improve customer interactivity.
3. MCSA: Web application
MCSA stands for Microsoft Certified Solutions Associate. This certification improves a candidate’s ability and expertise in the implementation of modern web applications.
- Hired: The platform will enable you to look for candidates who are dedicated to performing desk jobs and development jobs.
- GitHub: The platform is specially designed to connect tech job seekers with employers.
- Authentic jobs: This is the world’s leading job portal to find the best candidates for designing, development, and creative talent.
- StackOverflow: This is an online community related to software development. You can choose the best candidate for your company by checking this platform.
- People Per Hour: This platform will enable you to hire candidates at per hour rate.
- Gun.io: This is a growing community of web developers and you can easily find candidates of your choice on this platform.
- References: Try to choose candidates on the basis of reference. Try to take reference from someone you know and trust.
1. Do you have commercial experience of using the technologies listed in your CV?
Sample Answer: Yes, I have used Jquery API in my last company for animation and for manipulation of an HTML document.
3. You have listed Framework X in your resume. What do you mean by Framework X?
Sample Answer: Yes, I have knowledge about Framework X. The framework helps us in writing apps in programming languages like Java, groovy, ruby, and Kotlin.
4. If you receive an opportunity to learn any new technology related to Java what would you choose?
Rationale: These types of js interview questions, will help you in knowing the candidate’s approach towards learning.
Sample Answer: If given a chance, I will try to learn the latest technologies like React and Angular framework.
6. Can you work with a big team within a strict timeline?
Rationale: This is a behavioral question that will help you in knowing the team collaboration skills of the candidate.
Sample Answer: Yes, I like to work within a team, it provided me scope to learn from others. Strict deadlines help me to improve my efficiency. Thus, I like to work on a strict timeline.
8. What is the major use of isNan Function?
Rationale: This is another technical question that you can ask a candidate.
Sample Answer: The main function of isNan function is to return true if the argument is not a number.
9. What do you know about negative infinity?
10. How do you work under pressure?
Rationale: This question will enable you to know if a candidate will be able to handle work stress or not.
Sample Answer: I try to stay calm and patient under all circumstances. The same goes for work. Staying calm helps me by getting rid of all types of stress.
1. ATS: Application Tracking System
This hiring tool helps HR professionals to streamline and quicken the process of recruitment. One of the best ATS include Talentlyft track and
2. Recruitment marketing software
This is a type of HR software that can help HR professionals to streamline and automate the recruitment steps and process.
3. Candidate relationship management software
This software helps HR professionals to achieve timely and relevant communication with the candidate.
4. Candidate sourcing Software:
5. Video Interview software
This tool is especially important in the present circumstances when offices and workspace are not fully functional.
6. Candidate assessment software
Using this software, candidates can easily test the knowledge, skills, and traits of a candidate.
7. Employee Referral software
Using this software, you can create and send engaging employee referral campaigns.
8. Background check software
The software will help you get adequate information about the candidate you are hiring. It will provide you complete information about the criminal record, financial, and educational background of a candidate.
9. Employee advocacy software
This will help the existing employees of your company to share curated and pre-approved content to potential candidates.
10. Job boards and aggregators
You can visit platforms like Indeed, UpWork, and unremot to find best candidates as per your requirement.
List of dos,
- Do look for an experienced candidate
- Find a candidate with a strong portfolio
- Test the skills of the candidate
- Look for experience of the candidate with an open-source platform
- Pick a candidate who has an interest in the development process
- Choose a candidate who has problem-solving skills
- Try to look for a candidate who is eager to learn and innovate
- Try to ask the candidate about their salary expectation.
List of donts,
- Never judge a candidate only on the basis of experience
- Don’t lay too much emphasis on salary
- Never overlook the overall collaborative skills of a candidate
- Don’t forget to share your business goals with the candidate
- Don’t choose developers who don’t pay attention to privacy concerns
- Don’t forget to check the reference of the candidate
- Don’t forget to check the background of the candidate
- Don’t forget to check the soft skills of the candidate