Hiring a Java developer? Need to know how and where to find the best candidates? Here is a comprehensive guide to finding the best Java developers. Read on!
Java is one of the best programming languages. If you own a company that specializes in mobile and web app development, you need top Java developers who can help you in developing quality apps. Since the functionality of a mobile app is one of the biggest aspects of your business, you need to hire someone with adequate knowledge, skills, and experience.
We will help you with every little you need to learn before hiring the best Java programmer for your app development company. A good Java developer can also take up the work of going through the life cycle of developing software. Java is used in more than 2.6% of all websites. Thus, use these tips before you hire top Java Developers.
Market for Java developer
By the year 2030, the need for good software developers will grow up by 45 million. Since all businesses are based on apps, the need for quality Java developers is certainly going to rise. As per the data, 18% of job postings on portals like Indeed and Monster are about the Java Developer position.
In addition to this, 16% of all job postings on Indeed are about the positions offered by different companies and businesses in Java programming. Java is in great demand by all IT companies as it is one of the most popular and most used programming languages. Java ranked at the third position when it comes to the list of popular technologies.
If you are the owner of a software development company, you will need to hire java developers who can help you in the formulation of the best apps. Java is in demand because it is a platform-independent programming language.
This means a well-qualified Java developer can perform the transition from one computer to another with maximum ease. Not all programming languages have as much versatility as Java, and thus, Java developers are in great demand.
Things to note while hiring java developer
When you are looking to hire java programmer online, you need to pay attention to certain points,
It is important to know if the java expert you are hiring is a specialist. This is because most software engineers may claim that they know the Java language, but actually, they are not experts.
2. Knowledge about Java Frameworks
Make sure that the candidate has knowledge about different Java frameworks and tools. Some of the major Java frameworks include JSF, Play, Spring, and Strut.
3. Track Record
You also need to check the track record of java developers before you finalize their hiring. This way, you will be able to know if the candidate is suitable for all your future projects.
4. Test the skills
It is important to choose a candidate with Java skill sets. The candidate should be familiar with concepts like data types, thread, and servlets.
It is important to hire java developer who has adequate knowledge about Java. This can be possible only if the candidate has certification in the Java programming language.
It is important to look for a candidate who has hands-on experience of working with the Java framework and technology.
7. Know the requirement
If you are looking to hire a java programmer for a particular project, make sure to know the requirement of the project so that you can choose a perfect candidate.
8. Industry specialist
Different mobile apps come up with different functionality. Try to hire a Java developer who has the experience of working in the same industry as yours.
9. Technical skills
The candidate should be proficient with different technical specifics of Java like design concepts, object-oriented designs, and exposure to different design patterns.
10. Communication skill
Since top java developers will handle your project, and they have to work within a team, it is important to select a candidate who is proficient in communication.
Qualifications of best data scientist
Data scientists are highly educated. In Fact, almost 88% of data scientists have a Master’s degree. In addition to this, almost 46% of data scientists have Ph.D. degrees. Thus, when it comes to a highly-demanding sector like Data science, you need to look for a candidate who is not only skilled but also well-educated.
In addition to learning from the classroom, make sure to look for a candidate who has also completed training and certifications in the related field. You can choose data scientists who have studied from the following colleges in the US,
|The University of Chicago||Chicago|
|John Hopkins University||Maryland|
|University of Michigan||Michigan|
|University of California||California|
|Duke University||North Carolina|
|Brown University||Rhode Island|
|University of North Carolina||North Carolina|
Also Read: Hire Technical Writer | A complete guide
Skills and qualities to look for in data scientists
You need to pay attention to certain skills and qualities when you are hiring a data scientist.
1. Critical thinking
Data science is a vast subject and domain and may need the best thinking ability on the part of a data scientist. Thus, make sure to know if the candidate has a critical thinking ability.
Best communication skills are highly needed in this highly demanding job market. Thus, make sure that the candidate is proficient in communication.
Data science is all about problem-solving. You can’t hire a candidate who doesn’t have a problem-solving attitude and skills.
The world of data will be continuously evolving. Thus, you need someone who can be curious about changes happening around him/her.
5. Sense of business
Data scientists need to have the ability about his/her domain as well as the business domain as they may need to perform dual roles sometimes.
6. Effective analysis
Data science does not mean a collection of data. It also means that the candidate needs to have the best analysis of the data available with the business.
7. Data visualization
Data visualization is another major skill that you need to look for in a candidate.
8. Write maintainable code
The data scientist you are hiring should have the technical details about the tools and software they are using for data visualization and data analysis.
9. Maths and statistics knowledge
The candidate you are hiring must have adequate knowledge about math as well as statistics. This way, they will be able to perform an exploratory analysis of data sets.
10. Leverage ML and AI
It is important for the candidate to have experience and knowledge about Machine Learning as well as Artificial Intelligence.
Certifications to look for in data scientists
Try to choose a data scientist who has the below-mentioned certification,
1. Certified Analytics Professional (CAP) – This is a vendor-neutral certification that validates that the candidate was able to transform complex data sets into valuable insights and actions.
2. Cloudera Certified Associate (CCA) – This certification certifies that the candidate has the ability to demonstrate SQL, and he/she can generate reports in Cloudera’s CDH environment.
3. Cloudera Certified Professional (CCP) – This is one of the most demanding certifications. This certifies that the candidate has adequate knowledge of data science.
4. Dell EMC Data Science Track – This is a certification that must be present if you are looking for a data scientist who can work at an associate level. Completion of this certification means that candidate has adequate knowledge about data science as well as big data analytics.
5. Azure AI Fundamentals – This validates a candidate’s knowledge about Machine Learning as well as Artificial Intelligence.
Java developer rate per Hour
Java developer hourly rate in the USA is $51 per Hour. But the range mostly falls between $39-$51 per Hour. In addition to this basic payment best java experts also receive additional compensation.
Java contractor rate can also vary depending upon the education, skills, certification, experience, and other factors. European countries have a high demand for Java coders. The java developer hourly rate in Europe is between $25-$50 per Hour.
Some of the European countries that hire java programmer online include Russia, Belarus, Poland, the Czech Republic, and Romania. European countries give good opportunities to software developers who have adequate knowledge about USA java chat.
If you are looking to hire java developers from Asian regions, you need to pay an average compensation of $61-$80. Asian Java developers are highly skilled. Thus, many countries outsource java programer from Asian nations.
Places to find the best java developer
Following are the best platforms that you can use to find a java developer.
- Toptal: This is a professional talent matching website that can help you in hiring the best programmer in Java.
- GitHub for a job: This platform is specially made to hire tech experts. Thus, you will be able to find experienced java candidates on this platform.
- Stack: Stack Overflow is another major platform that will help you in finding experienced Java experts.
- Gigster: If you are finding it difficult to hire the best Java Developer, you can choose Gigster to choose the best java programmer.
- People Per Hour: this platform is like a Freelance marketplace that can help you to find a java developer who is highly skilled and efficient.
- Dice: This is a specialized job board created for tech and IT jobs. You can check their website to hire java developers.
- unremot.com: This job board offers jobs in different domains and industries. You can connect to lots of beginners as well as experienced java expert.
- The Muse: the platform not only posts different job listings. They also post different blogs and articles about finding jobs and recruiting professionals.
- Startupers: if you are a startup and you are looking to hire java programmers, Startupers can be the best platform to choose Java programmers.
- PowerToFly: This is a job board created to help female professionals and businesswomen in getting jobs as well as hiring candidates.
Steps involved in hiring the best java developer
Hiring java developers may seem a challenging task. But, if you follow a few simple steps, you can hire a java developer as per your need.
- Post job requirement – If you are thinking about hiring java developers, you need to start the process by posting the job on a portal like Linkedin, UpWork, or unremot.com.
- Look for experience – You need to look at the experience, expertise, and skills of the candidate before you hire someone for the job. Make sure to know that candidate has adequate knowledge and understanding of Java frameworks and tools.
- Check the skills – Before you hire developer Java, make sure to get details about the skills you are looking for in a candidate.
- Interview – You can’t hire a java programmer without conducting an interview. Make sure to include technical as well as non-technical interview rounds so that you can hire the best java programmer.
- Salary discussion – Salary discussion is one of the most critical parts to hire java programmers. Make sure that the java experts can work within your budget. You can check different job portals to hire java developers within your budget.
Top 10 interview questions for java developer
1. What is the main function of the main () method in Java?
Rationale: You can ask this question to know if the candidate has knowledge about Java functionalities.
Sample Answer: This is a method in Java, and it is the main entry point to a Java program.
2. What is the final keyword in Java?
Rationale: This is another technical question related to Java.
Sample Answer: The final keyword is used with a motive to be sure that any other class can’t extend it.
3. Can you tell a difference between J2SDK 1.5 and J2SDK 5.0?
Rationale: This is a confusing question that can test patience as well as basic knowledge about Java.
Sample Answer: There is no difference between both of these Java frameworks. These versions have just been rebranded.
4. Is it possible to import the same package or class twice?
Rationale: This is an objective-based simple question that can be asked to a beginner Java developer.
Sample Answer: Yes, it is possible to import the same package or class twice.
5. Is JVM an overhead?
Rationale: This is another technical question that you can ask a candidate to know if he has a basic functional knowledge of Java.
Sample Answer: Yes and no, because JVM is an added layer that translates Bytecode into Machine Code.
6. Which is the most valuable JavScript library, according to you?
Rationale: This question will test the knowledge about the candidate related to the Java ecosystem.
Sample Answer: JQuery, in my opinion, is the most valuable Java library.
7. What is the full form of JRE?
Rationale: You can test the theoretical knowledge of the candidate by asking this Java question.
Sample Answer: The full form of JRE in Java is the Java Runtime Environment.
8. How do you manage extra workload and work stress?
Rationale: This is a behavioral question that will help you to know the true personality of a candidate.
Sample Answer: I meditate every day, and it helps me to keep myself calm and composed.
9. Will, you be able to work in a collaborative manner with a big team, especially in the present circumstances when you have to work from home?
Rationale: This is another behavioral question that you can ask if you are looking to hire a freelancer Java developer.
Sample Answer: Yes, different tools are available that will help me to keep connected with my teammates. I like to work in big teams as you get opportunities to learn from each other.
10. What are your long-term career goals?
Rationale: This question will help you to know if the candidate is serious about taking the job.
Sample Answer: If given a chance, I would like to get to a senior position in your organization with my dedicated work and skills.
Top 10 tools to use while hiring Java developer
You need certain hiring tools to hire a Java developer as per your need. Following are the major tools that you need,
1. Tools for sourcing
Instead of manual searching for people looking for Java or c++ for jobs, make sure to use tools for sourcing. Some of these tools include Joveo and Wonderkind.
2. Tools to optimize job advertisement
These are the AI-driving writing tools that will help you in selecting the right candidates for Java or C++ jobs.
Chatbots are one of the best tools that can make your task of recruitment easier. Some of the best chatbots that you can use include Mya and XOR.
4. Tools to preselect
You also need a tool that can help you in preselecting some candidates. These tools are especially important for big organizations.
5. Onboard tools
This tool will help you in keeping the candidate engaged with the recruitment process. Some of the best onboard tools include Bamboo HR and Click Boarding.
6. Social recruiting
These tools will enable you to make judicious use of Social media platforms for job posting.
7. Video interview
In the present circumstances, you also need a tool that can help you in taking interviews with the candidate by using a video conferencing tool.
8. Salary forecaster
This tool will help you in avoiding the hassles of discussing salary with the candidate.
9. Background screening tool
You also need a background screening tool that will help you to complete the background check of the candidate.
10. System to track application
This recruitment tool is important when you have lots of candidates who have shown an interest in the job you have posted.
Also Read: Hire Bookkeepers | A complete guide
Dos and don’ts while hiring Java developer
You also need to pay attention to certain dos and don’ts when you are thinking about hiring people for Java or c++ for jobs.
List of Dos
- Look at the certification of the candidate.
- Know the job requirement before hiring a Java Developer
- Select candidate on the basis of technical as well as non-technical skills
- Use different tools to test the skills of the candidate
- Never pay too much focus on the salary expectation of the candidate.
- A background check is a must when hiring people for tech jobs.
- Ask about their 5-year plan and expectation from the job.
- Ask the candidate about their experience.
- Never complete the hiring process without a personal interview round.
- Choose a candidate on the basis of communication skills.
List of Donts,
- Never pay too much attention to the salary part
- Don’t hire a java developer without a technical interview round.
- Don’t skip the personality test.
- Don’t hesitate to ask behavioral questions
- Communication skills are as important as technical skills.
- Don’t forget to get details about the certification and training.
- Don’t forget to ask why the candidate left the last job/organization.
- Never forget to ask the candidate about their personal goals.
- Never skip the salary discussion part.
- Agree on the terms and conditions when hiring a freelance Java developer.
How do I hire a Java developer?
Hiring a Java developer is quite an easy process. All you need to do is post your needs and visit an online platform to list the job you are offering. Get in touch with the candidate and ask them questions related to the Java framework. Once you think the candidate is suitable for the job, make sure to have a salary discussion.
What should I look for when hiring a Java developer?
You should look for technical as well as non-technical skills in a candidate. It is also important to hire a candidate who has good communication skills, Java skills, and a good personality. You should also check the experience as well as the expertise of the candidate.