Have you fascinated with a career in IT? If so, read this page to know about the companies, salaries, skills, and career paths.
Remote Information Technology Jobs
In the present pandemic situation, people want to get remote jobs so that they can work comfortably from their homes. If you have a degree in Information & Technology, you can get different Remote Information technology jobs. Some of the major IT job positions for which you can get remote jobs to include system administrator, data scientist, virtual assistant, and customer service executive. Thus, brush on your technical skills and Information technology knowledge to get opportunities right from the comfort of your home.
Remote information technology jobs roles and responsibilities
Most people don’t have proper knowledge about remote information technology jobs roles and responsibilities, and thus, they shy away from applying to these jobs. The roles and responsibilities can vary depending upon the type of organization you are working for and the technical skills you have. Some of the major roles and responsibilities include:
- Administration of network and data security remotely. Administration of directory, group policy, firewalls, virus protection, and email security.
- Performs tasks related to data backups to ensure that all company-related tasks and documents are saved properly.
- Installation and updating of network system improvement.
- Monitoring of servers, LAN/WAN, and wi-fi to ensure full network and internet coverage for the workplace.
- Assisting the technical team with design, implementation, and support of new software and features.
- Evaluation of connectivity issues, equipment, software, and hardware.
- Responding to all kinds of Information Technology related issues and software maintenance.
- Providing helpdesk and technical support by phone or by remote access to the customer.
- Overseeing different troubleshooting for system errors.
- Ensuring system optimization for all technology resources.
All these roles and responsibilities can be performed remotely with maximum ease. If you have the necessary skills and qualifications, you can get lots of opportunities in IT jobs.
Market opportunity for remote Information Technology jobs
Everything around us is working with the help and support of Information and Technology. With the recent Covid-19 pandemic, many industries are shifting towards the remote job opportunity. Thus, you can find a different market opportunity for remote information technology jobs.
There are many exciting roles and positions that you can get when it comes to remote IT jobs. From working as a data analyst to working as a database administrator, you can get jobs as per your skills and experience.
Even if you have just started venturing into remote Information Technology jobs, you can get positions like technical support executive and system analysts. All you need to do is to choose a good platform to get those jobs.
Companies hiring for remote Information and Technology Jobs can be available for any industry and sector. Thus, you can get a job in the healthcare sector, IT sector, digital marketing, cloud solutions, field services technician, and jobs in a consultation company.
Since the world around us is surrounded by information and technology, the market is filled with lots of job opportunities. All you need is to have an eye for the best job that can suit your needs.
Career path under remote information technology jobs
Most candidates ask questions like what will be my career path under remote information technology jobs. Candidates get skeptical, whether they will get the same level of growth and package as people get when they work from the office. The answer to this question is pretty simple and straightforward.
A job can help you to achieve great heights if you work sincerely and you are skilled enough to perform the task. Your love for technology can give you a promising career. Career path under remote information technology can add heights to your career.
The following table will show you the projected career growth in remote IT jobs.
|Position||Projected growth %|
|Database administrator||11% by 2026|
|Computer system analysts||9% by 2026|
|Information security analyst||28% by 2026|
Looking at this table, it can be said that a career path under an IT remote job is quite promising, and you may add heights to your career by joining this sector. If you are interested in working remotely for an IT job, you need to get proper specialization and skills. The IT sector certainly has staying power in today’s world.
Qualification and skills needed to get remote information technology jobs.
There are different titles in the Information Technology sector. For candidates, different qualifications and skills needed to get remote information technology jobs. Different job titles need different skill sets. From programming and database creation to providing general technical or help desk support, different roles are available for people with a variety of interests and skills. Depending on the role, some employers may look for expertise in specific computer languages and programs.
One of the major skills that you need to get remote information technology jobs to include coding skills. Most employers may ask for different coding languages. Communication skill is another important skill that is needed to get remote information technology jobs. IT professionals have to work for different teams, and thus, they need good communication skills to understand the needs and requirements of their teammates.
Knowledge of computer networks is also important if you want to get a remote IT job. Some of the general skills that will help you in getting better growth will include time management and project management skills. So, get equipped with all these skills if you want to get the best performing career in Information Technology.
Recommended certifications to get remote information technology jobs
Getting a career in the IT sector will be a cup of tea for you if you have certain types of certification. Almost 80% of IT professionals claim that an IT certification will help you to get better jobs in the IT sector.
You can get these certifications online as well as offline from different platforms. But, make sure that these certifications are completed from a genuine and licensed organization and platform. The below-mentioned table will show you recommended certifications to get remote information technology jobs.
|Name of certificate||Detail of certification|
|AWS Solutions architect||This is the second-most demanded certificate. You have to take an AWS test to get this certificate.|
|Professional cloud architect||This certification helps professionals to have the ability to design, develop, and manage Google’s cloud architecture.|
|Certified Information technology Manager||Getting this certification will help you to become a pro at Information Technology management.|
|Risk and Information system control||Under this certification course, you will be tested for areas like Identification, Assessment, Response, and mitigation.|
|Information system auditor||This accreditation will validate audit, risk and cybersecurity skills, and other risks.|
Top 10 tools needed for remote information technology jobs
Every job needs some tools and equipment needed to perform your task. Remote information technology jobs come with a unique set of challenges. Thus, it is important to get equipped with different tools that are needed to perform a job with utmost efficiency.
Following are the top 10 tools needed for remote information technology jobs. Let’s look at these tools and why they are needed.
|Tools||Function of tools|
|Mobile hotspot||It will help you in getting internet access, and you will get backup in case of an internet breakdown.|
|Remote desktop software||This will help you in securely connecting to a computer at a remote location.|
|Team chat apps||This will help you communicate efficiently with your teammates.|
|Screen sharing software||With a screen sharing software, you can show others your desktop and the files and apps you have on your system.|
|Screen recording tools||This will help you to take a quick screenshot of your computer screen, and you can send your boss details of the tasks you performed.|
|Video conferencing app||To have a little facetime with teammates.|
|Office suits||To share files and get online comments.|
|Cloud storage||To save all files and folders.|
|To-do list app||So that every task can be done on time|
|Project management software||To complete the project in a specific order.|
Top 25 dream companies for remote Information Technology jobs
No matter if you want to work remotely, or you want to work from the office, every one of us wants to work in a good company and organization. So, below is the list of the top 25 dream companies for remote information technology jobs.
- Cactus: Communication solution provider
- Appen: Technology services company
- Landi English: an e-learning company
- Gun.io: an online community for hiring
- Wikimedia Foundation: for distribution of multilingual content
- Xapo: Financial company
- Autho: Identity as-a-service company
- Clevertech: IT service
- Toptal: a labor marketplace
- MonetizeMore: website monetization business
- Study.com: Education portal
- Enago: English language editing services
- DataStax: computer software company
- Modus Create: Design and development firm.
- Automattic: a web-development company
- Trafilea: marketing and advertising company
- UNDP: Global network to bring change in developing nations
- Student Loan Hero: education sector company
- Elastic.co: a search company
- Missional University: an online university of higher education
- Unbabel: an AI-powered human translation provider
- GitHub: an open-source code-hosting website
- Aeolus Robotics: a first-gen household robot
- Status research and development offers discovery tools for browsing.
- Time doctor: Time-tracking monitoring software
Top places to find remote information technology jobs
Are you looking for top places to find remote information technology jobs? If yes, this article will help you. Although you can go to the career pages of different companies, certain platforms can offer you a job with maximum ease. So, let’s take a look at the top platforms,
- FlexJobs: FlexJobs offers jobs for more than 50 categories and remote jobs from all sectors and industries, including the IT sector.
- unremote.com: This is one of the most technologically advanced remote collaboration platform for remote information technology jobs. One can find freelance/remote work from across the recruiters around the world, while also collaborating with them over video-based virtual rooms and chats.
- Just Remote: Just like the name of the company suggests, you can easily find jobs that will fulfil your needs.
- We Work remotely: this is the largest remote work community in the world. This platform has more than 2.5 million visitors per month.
- Remote.co: this platform focuses solely on remote jobs.
- Virtual vocations: The website of Virtual vocations showcases job listings in almost 40 categories. Thus, you can find numerous job opportunities and positions at this platform.
- Working nomads: most of the jobs at this platform are related to the Information Technology sector, and thus, you can easily find good jobs and positions at this platform.
- Remotive: this site picks up only handpicked job positions.
Top resume elements of remote information technology jobs
If you are planning to get a remote job in the IT sector, you need to pay attention to the top resume elements of remote information technology jobs.
- Candidates need to show the summary of their profile in their resume. The summary of your profile will show the tasks you can perform and the skills you have to perform the task.
- Your resume should also have a column that can show information about your area of expertise like troubleshooting, system administration, strategic planning, communication skills, and data and backup expertise.
Remote information technology jobs pay structure
Most candidates are fearful about the remote information technology jobs pay structure. Candidates fear that they will receive an adequate salary or not. The minimum hourly fee for an n IT expert at junior positions is $59.77 per hour.
As you climb up the ladder of success, and you get better positions at the organization, your hourly rate for jobs will increase. For a top division IT executive, the salary can be almost $150.77 per hour.
Job pay structure depends upon different factors like the skills and experience of the candidate and also according to the type of organization he/she is working for.
Remote entry-level Information Technology jobs
If you don’t have expertise and lots of skills needed for information technology jobs, you can also get remote entry-level information technology jobs. Obviously, you won’t get paid well, but you will get experience and training to perform the job. Some of the best entry-level Information technology jobs include:
- Information technology consultant
- Technical lead
- IT sales
- IT sales specialist
- Data entry
- Help desk analyst
- Quality assurance analyst
- Database administrator
- PC technician
- Network administrator
- Computer operator
So, get started and gain the necessary skills to start working in the Information Technology sector.