Looking out for a hacker? Need to know how and where to find the best candidates? Here is a comprehensive guide to finding the best hackers. Read on!
A hacker, also popularly known as a “computer hacker” or a “security hacker”, is a professional who intrudes into computer systems to access data through non-standard modes and methods. The question is, why to hire a hacker, when their ways and means are not ethical.
The simple answer to the question is, law enforcement and security agencies utilize the talent of professional hackers for collecting evidence and proofs of criminal activities and other fraudulent acts. Besides they help in verifying the security systems deployed in a company.
Recruiting companies hire ethical pro hackers even for their cybersecurity and information security tasks and activities. In this article, we will discuss the skills, qualities, qualifications, interview questions, etc. for hiring the best hackers.
Also Read: Hire UX Designer | Everything you must know
Hiring market for hacker
The demands for an ethical professional hacker are on the rise, specifically since companies are deeply conscious about the robustness of their security systems. Identifying vulnerabilities and cyber-attack possibilities is vital for organizations to protect sensitive and critical information.
A growth of 31% in hacking services jobs have been predicted through the years 2019 to 2029 by the US Bureau of Labor Statistics. The rise is analyzed to be far higher than similar occupations. In 2020, the average salary of professional hackers for hire was USD 79K per annum. It is expected to increase further in the coming years.
BLS has also analyzed the change of job employment to be almost 40K through the year 2029. An estimate of the total of 131K jobs for professional hackers was recorded in the year 2020. The Bureau has created a % distribution of hacker services jobs in various industries.
For example, organizations in professional, scientific, and technical services are hiring 40% of legit hackers. Finance and insurance companies are offering 20% of jobs on professional hacking services. Information and other companies occupy the rest of the % pie.
Top 15 job titles that companies are hiring
You can recruit a hacker for various job titles in your company. Enlisted below are the key job titles for hiring hackers,
1. Cyber Security Analysts
Responsible to plan and execute security measures to manage constant threats on the computer networks and systems of a company. They help to protect the IT systems and the information and data stored in them.
2. Cyber Security Engineers
Responsible for quality assurance and verification of the security of computer and IT systems and networks. They recommend ways and methods to enhance security for preventing threats and attacks.
3. Penetration Testers
Responsible for identifying any security threats and vulnerabilities on a company’s computer systems and digital assets. They leverage simulated cyber-attacks to verify the security infrastructure of the company.
4. Network Security Administrators
Responsible to set up restrictions and security measures like firewalls, anti-virus protection, passwords to protect the sensitive data and confidential information of a company.
5. Network Security Engineers
Responsible for resolving security issues and problems in a company. They test the systems for any breaches, attacks, and vulnerabilities both in the software and hardware installed on the premises.
6. Computer Hacking Forensic Investigators
Responsible for collecting evidence and detect hacking attacks by unauthorized user through investigations. They need to collect and present the information for filing legal cases.
7. Information Security Analysts
Responsible to install firewalls and other security measures to protect a company’s networking systems, sensitive, confidential and vulnerable data and information.
8. Information Security Manager
Responsible for monitoring and managing a team that protects a company’s computer systems and networks along with the information and data stored in them. The ISM is a crucial role in a company when it comes to checking against any security breaches or any kind of malicious attacks.
9. Information Security Officers
Similar role as that of Information Security Analysts but with more and specific stress on data security and vulnerability. Responsible for implementing innovative and efficient technology solutions to prevent any kind of malicious attacks.
10. Chief Information Security Officer
A very high profile role in a company at the level of executive leadership. They plan and establish the strategy, vision, and objectives of a company’s security measures to ensure the protection of sensitive and confidential assets.
11. Ethical Hackers
Responsible for investigating and analyzing the weaknesses and vulnerabilities in the system. They create a scorecard and report on the probable security risks and provide suggestions for improvement.
12. Intelligence Analyst
Responsible for collecting and gathering information and data from various sources to determine and assess the security threats and vulnerable attacks on a company.
13. Data Recovery Specialists
Responsible for recovering the data lost due to any errors or malfunctions in the system. They possess technical as well as logical skills to recover from computer storage devices be it hardware or software.
14. Data Privacy Officers
Responsible for protecting the sensitive and confidential data of a company as per the data protection rules and regulations. They control the access rights on the data and ensure the prevention of any security breaches.
15. Director of Security
Responsible for the supervision and monitoring of the security of employees, assets, data, and information of an organization. The Directory communicates the security policies and regulations to the employees and ensures strict adherence to them. He or she reports to the Chief Security Officer.
Also Read: Hire Animators | Know before you start
Qualifications to look for in hackers
While looking for a hacker, you must check the required educational qualifications for ensuring the best hacking experience in your company. The degrees you must validate when you hire a hacker is enlisted below,
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or IT
- Master’s Degree in Computer Science or IT
- Additional certifications like CISSP, CEH, CISM, etc.
- Training and learning courses on ethical hacking
The top colleges and universities that provide education on legit hacking and professional hacking are mentioned below,
- The University of California Berkeley offering a five-year program on both Bachelor’s and Master’s program in Computer Science and IT
- Massachusetts Institute of Technology provides 4 undergraduate courses on Computer Science and IT
- California Institute of Technology has 2-degree courses in Computer Science and IT and Applied plus Computational Mathematics
- Georgia Institute of Technology offers degrees in Computer Science and IT and Computational Media
- Carnegie Mellon University provides courses on Computer Science and IT and research opportunities
- Harvard University has degree courses as well as research programs on software, graphics, etc.
- Stanford University offers Bachelor’s and Master’s degree in Computer Science and IT
- The University of Michigan has 2 colleges offering Computer Science and IT programs on software, networks, algorithms, etc.
- Yale University, offering undergraduate courses on data structures, maths, programming, algorithms, design, etc.
- The University of Virginia conducts Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science and IT through 2 of its colleges
Skills to look for in hacker
While hiring a hacker, you must verify and validate the technical and soft skills of the security and computer hackers for hire. Let us now try to understand the qualities and skills that need to be checked on real hackers for hire.
1. Programming Knowledge
A remote or freelance hacker must possess demand a sound knowledge of programming languages like C, C++, Java, PERL, PHP, and Shell scripts. This learning is essential to analyze cyberattacks, design and develop security defense mechanisms.
2. Detecting Intrusions and Threats
Hackers utilize powerful Trojan software and other spyware to breach a company’s security wall or firewall and steal vulnerable data. Hence when you hire hackers, ensure the candidate possesses knowledge of the best intrusion detection software.
3. Proactive Malware Analysis
One of the important qualities to check on hackers for hire is aware of both preventive and reactive methods to prevent malware intrusions and threats for example by hacker experience bot.
4. Risks and Mitigations
Hackers for hire are easy to find but ensure that the candidates are able to analyze risks of cyber and security attacks and devise preventive and corrective mitigations against them.
5. Analysis of Security
Real hackers must be able to analyze sustainable security options to stop any breach to a company’s sensitive data. Hence when you rent a hacker, check whether they can develop innovative solutions to defeat the malware from penetration.
6. Good Team Player
A real hacker needs to be a good team player, capable to work in a team with seamless coordination and collaboration. When you hire the hacker, check the roles played by the person in a team.
7. Excellent verbal and written communication skills
Understanding the security requirements and data protection rules and executing the security measures are the duties of security or email hackers for hire. Hence ensure the candidates possess good communication skills when you find hackers.
Certifications to look for in hacker
While you start to find a hacker, you will come across several individuals who state, “I want to be a hacker”. But as recruiting companies, you must ask yourself how to find a hacker to help you. Hence it is suggested to check for additional certifications over and above the normal educational qualifications.
- Certified Ethical Hacker (CEH) – Includes hacking technologies, latest vulnerabilities, and information security laws
- CompTIA Security+ – Includes network security strategies, best practices, encryption mechanism, business continuity, and disaster recovery
- Certified Information System Security Professional (CISSP) – Includes access control, cryptography, etc.
- Certified Information Security Manager (CISM) – Includes information security management, risk management, and compliance
- Certified Information Systems Auditor (CISA) – Includes IT management, asset protection, and auditing IT systems
- NIST Cybersecurity Framework (NCSF) – Includes two certifications one for foundation and one for the practitioner
- Certified Cloud Security Professional (CCSP) – Includes cloud data security, infrastructure security, architecture, and design
- Computer Hacking Forensic Investigator (CHFI) – Includes forensics, recovering information, etc.
- Cisco Certified Network Associate (CCNA) Security – Includes identification of threats and mitigations.
Rate per hour of hacker
While it is essential to be aware of the qualities to check when you need a hacker. Another vital aspect is to check the salary or hourly rate of hacking services for hire. The rates vary with educational qualifications, certifications, locations, and years of experience.
In the US, the average hourly rate of a computer hacker for hire is almost USD 55. The difference in the rates offered to legit hackers for hire 2018 and that offered to legit hackers for hire 2019 are significantly changing in fact increasing. The states in the US which offer the highest payout in the sequence are New York, California, Massachusetts, and Washington DC.
If you want to find a hacker for hire in the UK, then you need to offer an average hourly rate of USD 30. In the other European countries, you may be able to hire hacker at lesser rates between USD 25 and USD 30 per hour.
If you are looking to hire a hacker cheap, then you can check in countries like India and other Asian countries. You only need to pay hourly rates between USD 10 and USD 15 for a computer or phone hackers for hire.
Top 10 job boards to find best hacker
In the above sections, we have discussed in detail the skills and qualifications that need to be checked in hired hackers. The next obvious question among recruiters is how to find a hacker and hire a hacker for free consultations or for paid recruitments.
Enlisted below are the top 10 job boards which provide guidance on how to find a hacker online and shortlist. You can either buy hacking services or buy hacker individually.
- Indeed – One of the most popular job websites with a huge pool of prospective profiles and an answer to your question on, “Where can I find a hacker?”
- Upwork – One of the largest job boards to find hackers online. You can post your job roles for hiring hacker too.
- unremot.com – Enables you to gain access into a global workforce where you just mention the job roles of the hacker for hire and the requisite skills.
- Linkedin – If you are thinking of where to find hackers with convincing profiles and past experiences, LinkedIn is the ideal place for you to search. You can use the keyword “Hackers24hrs” for your search.
- Glassdoor – Another popular job website for searching for phone or email hacker service.
- Instabitnetwork – If you are looking for Twitter, email, Facebook hackers for hire, then it is one of the best real hackers websites for you.
- net – If your demand is, “I need a hacker urgently”; then the website is ideal for you to hire a Facebook hacker, email or phone hackers or other hackers.
- Hackerforces – The website will meet your demand for, “I need a hacker for free consultation”. It is one of the top hacker sites in the internet with hackers for hire free trial.
- SpyandMonitor – If you are searching for private hacker, hackers near me for free online consultation or I need a hacker to help me for free, the website offers all the solutions.
- Hackerslist – Another popular and real hacker website to hire Facebook hacker, WhatsApp hacker or rent-a-hacker for service hack, professional hack, private hacking and many more.
Do not miss out checking on hackers for hire reviews for recruitment. The hire the hacker review comments and feedback of websites and candidates to determine the credibility and authenticity.
Top 10 companies hiring hacker and salaries offered
In the US, you can now find several renowned companies are demanding, “I need a hacker with a good technical skill to handle security vulnerabilities”. You can find job listings to hire a hacker for Facebook, Twitter, email, and others. Here is a list of the top 10 companies who are looking for online hackers help and guidance,
- Federal Reserve Bank of New York
- Lockheed Martin
- General Motors
- Capital One
The entry level salaries offered by almost all the companies vary between USD 45K to 50K per annum. The salaries increase with the increase in the years of experience. They hire a hacker to get a password, penetrate into networks for detecting crimes, identify security breach possibilities and ensure adherence to the security policies and regulations.
Top 10 interview questions for hacker
Now when we have understood how to find a hacker for hire and from where to hire a hacker; let us discuss the interview questions vital in our quest on how to find hackers best suited for a company’s security needs.
1. How to be a good hacker for example an ethical hacker?
Rationale: To verify whether the candidate understands the concept of ethical hacking
Expected Answer: Hacking a system with due permission from the owner to find out the security weaknesses and vulnerabilities and provide appropriate recommendations.
2. What are the tools used for hacking?
Rationale: One of the important questions while you hire a hacker; assisting to understand the candidate’s awareness of the hacking tools.
Expected Answer: Metasploit, Wireshark, NMAP, John the Ripper, Maltego.
3. What are the different types of ethical hacking?
Rationale: To check the candidate’s past experience in hacking and exposure to the hacking techniques
Expected Answer: Check whether the candidate mentions grey box hacking, black box, and white box penetration testing
4. What is the meaning of Brute Force Hack?
Rationale: To validate the candidate’s knowledge of techniques and the concept of hacking.
Expected Answer: The answer must refer to hacking passwords and gain access to the system using tools like Hydra.
5. What is the meaning of a Denial of Service attack?
Rationale: The question helps to check the candidate’s basic knowledge on hacking.
Expected Answer: The expected answer is related to a malicious attack by flooding the network with wrong and useless traffic.
6. What is SQL Injection?
Rationale: This question helps in judging the candidate’s awareness of the various malicious techniques for quick identification.
Expected Answer: A way to modify the mode of operation of a query by injecting malicious content into it.
7. What is Phishing?
Rationale: Help to verify the candidate’s knowledge of the various ways and means of attacks and security breaches.
Expected Answer: You must ensure the candidate refers phishing to sending across false emails, information, chats, messages to a system with the aim of stealing data.
8. What is Network Sniffing?
Rationale: To identify whether the candidate is able to detect network security breaches, vulnerabilities, and attacks.
Expected Answer: A mechanism to locate network problems and issues and illegitimate breaches.
9. What is Mac Flooding?
Rationale: The question is crucial to judge the candidate’s knowledge of the hacking techniques used for blocking networks.
Expected Answer: Harms the security of a network switch by flooding with a large number of frames and stealing sensitive information.
10. Mention the different techniques of password cracking?
Rationale: A vital question to check whether the candidate can hack passwords and access systems required to access criminal records and evidence.
Expected Answer: Brute Forcing, Hybrids, Rules, and Syllables.
How much does it cost to hire a hacker?
To hire a hacker, you need to pay at least an annual salary of USD 79K. The hourly rate varies between USD 30 to USD 55; varying on regions, years of experience, educational qualifications, certifications, and skills.
While you may come across several job seekers who claim, “I’m a hacker with a commendable proficiency in hacking”; it’s ultimately your decision to offer the appropriate rates.
How do I hire a hacker?
While answering the question on how to hire a hacker, you must note down firstly the job description. You can either list your jobs in the websites or search for hacker profiles. When you hire hacker reviews are vital to check. Hacker reviews of the websites and the profiles help you to decide on the recruitment and shortlisting of candidates.