Are you a freelancer? Have ever had something missed because of the super-busy working routines? Then, we have the right solution for optimizing your daily schedule – just add a time tracker into your workflow!
In fact, time management is not only about how not to waste the time. That’s more about making your schedule more time-effective, better organized, and much more productive to get the most of your tasks’ completing. Especially if you’re a freelancer or small/medium business owner (SMB), who needs to always keep an eye on their schedule.
So, in this article, let’s look deeper at the main benefits freelancers and businesses can get along with the time trackers implementation. Also, we will discover which features you should look for while choosing the best time tracker.
Also Read: Remote working tools | A comprehensive guide
The Main Benefits of a Time Tracker
The key point of every time tracking system is to enhance the workflow by tracking the tasks which are planned for a certain period of time (day, week, month, etc.). Needless to say, some huge corporations have already implemented that system to stay productive and competitive in their industries.
Nevertheless, the time tracking system is even more critical for freelancers and business owners, and here are the main benefits they can get in result:
- Find out where your time actually goes. With the time tracker, you will get the real numbers of how much time is required on daily task completion, and if this time might be adjusted.
- Set up the time limit for each task. Essay Tigers specialist claims that setting the limitations for the tasks can greatly prevent doing one thing during the whole day. This is extremely critical for people who are their own bosses since they can’t be controlled by anyone but themselves.
- Plan and prioritize the goals ahead. Freelancers and businessmen can greatly enhance their productivity by implementing the time tracker on regular basis for the tasks to complete. For instance, if you set up the to-do list with the appropriate time needed for its completion, you will stay motivated for their completion and won’t spend too much time on doing one thing from the list.
- Spend your mornings on MITs. Mark Twain, the famous writer, once said: “If it’s your job to eat a frog, it’s best to do it first thing in the morning. And If it’s your job to eat two frogs, it’s best to eat the biggest one first.” This means you have to focus on the most important things (MITs) to be done at the first half of your day and then move to the easier tasks. This will help you to ensure you’re performing the tasks more time-effectively.
As you can see, all these tips are critical for the people who have to plan their day ahead to get the most effective results from their work. First of all, that’s because their income basically depends on the quality and amount of their work done. And, a time tracker can greatly reinforce their working routine to get the most of their daily schedule.
Why Freelance Time Tracking is Critical for Your Work
For sure, time monitoring is one of the most efficient methods to get all the things done and stay productive in your work. But here are the other things you should certainly know while considering the time tracking implementation.
1. Keep up With Deadlines
According to Forbes, resource planning and setting the appropriate project deadlines are the must-haves for ensuring a successful workflow. With estimating the real situation of the time needed for completing the tasks, it becomes much easier to plan the project and set up the appropriate goals needed for its submission.
When you’re a freelancer, of course, you can decide the exact time needed for your projects, but with time tracking, you will be able to monetize your time properly to get the most of the process.
2. Stop Your Procrastination
With being your own boss it’s always easy to lose your productivity because of the different obstacles, like mood, health condition, or some other situations that appeared. But, all we know it’s really challenging to move back to the effective working performance you had before, especially when you have to check the emails, find cover letter writing services, organize the meeting with the clients and complete several projects at the same time.
The time tracker will help you to arrange the tasks and get them completed one by one without any fear of losing your productivity. And, we can assure you, once you’ve put the last tick on the daily checklist, you’ll be proud of your own work done!
Also Read: Distributed teams | A complete guide
3. Increase the Income
According to CNBC, there are now 57 million Americans in the freelance economy, and over 51% say they have no will to move back to take traditional jobs. That’s because with skilled services, the freelancers can get much higher earnings per hour than over 70% of workers in the U.S. economy.
Nevertheless, that also depends on the amount of work done per a certain period of time. The time trackers can greatly help you with effectively arranging your tasks, and making more projects done in shorter periods, thus getting higher revenue for your work.
4. Be More Selective While Choosing Clients
As soon as you start managing your time, you’ll be able to prioritize the clients you would really like to work with. That means you can estimate which project brings you more profit and get the most of your freelance work or business!
Time tracker is just a perfect option for organizing your time-effective, profitable and comfortable workflow, which can also greatly help you to value your time, work, and resources.
Wrapping Up: Time Tracker Is a Must for Effective Workflow
So, if your goal is to make the most of your workflow, a time tracker is just the must-have option for you.
Managed correctly, it can bring a lot of benefits not only for the huge corporations but also for the small-mid business owners and freelancers as well. Time trackers will help you to manage your time more effectively, plan all the things ahead, and stay motivated enough to get the most of your working routine.