How to get into the SEO world in 2021? In this blog, we help you understand how to find SEO jobs in UK.
SEO career is becoming one of the most popular directions in the UK labor market and beyond. A lot of companies are looking for certified and professional SEO specialists, who will promote their sites on an expert level.
How to find the best SEO jobs in UK to work as a freelance expert or full-time at head offices of popular companies? In this article, you will find some ideas to help you promote yourself as an SEO specialist and find the job you want.
Also Read: Remote seo jobs | Everything you must know
Best tips to find SEO jobs in UK
The average salary of SEO specialists in the UK is about £31208. The average salary for Junior specialists is approximately £23,887. Therefore, it makes sense to work hard on making the right impression and proving your qualifications to get a good SEO work offer. Here is how to do it.
1. Determine the desired employment type
There are several employment options in the field of SEO. Before starting your job search, decide what type of employment would suit you, as this will allow you to reduce your job search and prepare an appropriate CV. Here are the main options to choose from to make your search more targeted:
- Work in a company. Today, almost all companies have their website, and as you know, SEO is a task that needs ongoing attention and effort. With this type of employment, you will be part of the company and most likely, work in the office as a part of the company’s in-house marketing team.
- Work in an agency. Today, many digital and marketing agencies are looking for SEO experts to support their projects. This is a good option for those who like to work with different projects, expand their experience, and multitask.
- Freelance. This is an option for those who like to control all processes themselves, organize their working day, and collaborate with those projects and clients that they like. But here you need to be prepared for the fact that the search for the customers will be one more task you have to do. Also, this type of employment is a great option for students. If you do not know how to combine work and study, then find out the practical tips on the universitylanguage.com website.
2. Create your CV
To successfully land an SEO job, get started by preparing your CV. List all your SEO skills, education, certifications, and, of course, your work experience. Indicate your experience and qualifications, since, for example, some SEO specialists choose specific niches of business to work with. If you are one of those then be sure to list all the niches with which you are ready to work. Highlight your SEO qualification, SEO experience, and skills.
3. Create a Portfolio
Сreating a digital portfolio in addition to your CV is a winning idea since it is a good tool to promote yourself as a professional. What should your portfolio be talking about? Everything is very simple, you need projects, metrics, and your certificates.
How many projects to highlight in the portfolio? Some specialists have been working on one project for years and bring it from a zero level to the top of search engines. Therefore, the number of projects will depend on your work experience. You can place 10 projects or one but make sure to describe each of the cases and support them with the specific details, tools, and challenges.
4. Submit Your CV and Apply For Interesting Jobs
After your CV and portfolio are ready, you should start looking for a job. Post your resume on popular job search platforms like Indeed and use social media. Social media can also attract potential employers.
Also, do not waste time and apply for all job offers that interest you. Even if you do not have enough experience and you are a beginner, do not be afraid to apply for SEO jobs in UK. This is also a good experience to expand your horizons, acquire new connections and see how hiring in large companies works.
5. Create an Expert Blog
Creating an expert website and attracting targeted traffic is one of the best ways to prove your experience and passion for SEO. By the way, your site can be used as a portfolio. Just add a blog section, create expert content, and be sure to add a page with your services section.
If you create high-quality and expert articles, then you will be found by those who are interested in SEO promotion, and accordingly, this will be your target traffic. You can use backlinks from United Kingdom sites to quickly promote your blog and get a good ranking in addition to other strategies that you know and use.
6. Use Linkedin
LinkedIn is an excellent platform for modern professionals and companies. Here you can find the professional contacts you need, quickly apply for a job and let interested recruiters get in touch with you. Moreover, this platform is suitable for different purposes. For example:
- Here you can find clients if you are a freelancer.
- Here you can find both a company, an agency, and a full-time employment option.
- Here you can post your resume and promote yourself as an SEO specialist.
- Here you can find international job offers, not only within the UK.
So, join the platform and create an attractive SEO specialist profile. Also, pay attention to the fact that on this platform you can find educational courses, and get certificates that will be displayed in your profile.
Also read: 25 Highest paying remote jobs in 2021
Don’t waste your time and start looking for good SEO jobs in UK now. Use the tips above, apply for the best job offers on your own and promote yourself across social media as a top-notch specialist.