Employee satisfaction, when measured rightly gives a totally different picture compared to what people imagine generally. Find out how to set up an effective employee satisfaction survey. Read on!
Employee satisfaction indicates how satisfied the employees are with their current jobs. Employee satisfaction is an essential part of any organization to grow. Happy and content employees work harder to contribute to their company’s success. This article focuses on the employee satisfaction survey taken to measure the amount of employee satisfaction.
What is an employee satisfaction survey?
The employee satisfaction survey is a questionnaire that human resources managers use to measure the level of satisfaction and contentment of the employees. The results of the survey help the management to understand what measures can be taken to further improve the workplace.
The employee satisfaction survey is also popularly known as the job satisfaction survey. Organizing employee satisfaction surveys regularly is known to increase employee retention and enhance the employee experience.
Why conducting a job satisfaction survey is critical?
A job satisfaction survey provides feedback to the employers from the employees directly regarding the workplace. Employee satisfaction survey plays an important role in determining the extent of employee satisfaction. Results of employee satisfaction surveys affect the overall productivity of the organization.
1. Team satisfaction survey gives insight into sentiment
An employee satisfaction survey will let managers know how employees are feeling. The result analysis of job satisfaction surveys can reveal reactions to the recent organizational changes and also help in uncovering existing problems if any. Managers can make relevant changes accordingly.
2. Employee opinion survey reduces staff turnover
One of the most critical reasons for conducting a job satisfaction survey is to increase staff retention for a longer time period. Employee satisfaction survey can help managers fix issues within time and reduce staff turnover. Companies suffer from financial loss when skilled labor leaves.
3. Employee satisfaction surveys give employees a voice
Employee satisfaction survey provides employees an opportunity to voice their opinions without the fear of boss or supervisors as these are filled anonymously. Companies provide their employees a platform to speak up honestly in a confidential manner through the job satisfaction survey.
4. Work satisfaction survey increases employee engagement
Employee satisfaction surveys are organized to measure employee engagement. Employee engagement is a measure of how invested and involved employees are in their work. A more involved employee would perform better and get good results. Employers should conduct job satisfaction surveys to increase engagement.
5. Employee experience survey lead to organizational growth
Results from employee satisfaction surveys help employers get the information required to lead organizational growth. The information gathered from a job satisfaction survey will let you know if the current leadership model works if the employees have the right set of tools to work, etc.
5 steps to create employee satisfaction surveys questions
Creating an employee satisfaction survey might be challenging and daunting for some people. Keep in mind what results are you expecting from the staff satisfaction survey while creating the questionnaire. Here are the 5 steps to create employee satisfaction survey questions effectively,
Step 1 – Understand job satisfaction questionnaire requirements
Understand your expectations from the employee satisfaction survey questions before creating them. All employee satisfaction surveys are not the same and one should pick the questions based on the requirements. Deciding survey parameters in advance helps you save money and time in the long run.
Step 2 – Create employee satisfaction survey templates
Create a template for employee satisfaction survey questions with the right mix of both qualitative and quantitative questions. If you are using a pre-built employee satisfaction survey template, rewrite the questions which are not relevant to you. Your survey questions should reflect your companies uniqueness.
Step 3 – Maintaining clarity in human resources surveys
Pick simple and clear language for your employee satisfaction survey questions. The question should have the same meaning for everyone. Prepare the entire employee satisfaction survey in a way to be comprehended easily by everyone. Do not make any of the questions mandatory to answer.
Step 4 – Workplace satisfaction surveys shouldn’t be too long
Don’t make the employee satisfaction survey too lengthy or employees would not be sincere in answering the questions. The employee should take less than 15 minutes to answer the entire employee satisfaction survey questions. Each question in the survey should have its purpose.
Step 5 – Include relevant questions in job satisfaction scale surveys
Employee satisfaction survey questions should be relevant to your company. Do not add anything that you are not ready to discuss. Consider your company culture while preparing an employee satisfaction survey. Start with the objectives, so that each question in the survey has a purpose.
50 employment satisfaction survey questions
Employee satisfaction survey questions can be broadly categorized into different categories based on their objective. Employee satisfaction questions should be relevant to your company’s purpose. We have handpicked 50 different employment satisfaction survey questions that you can use in your next employee satisfaction survey,
1. Communication and employee satisfaction survey questions
Robust communication is an extremely essential part of an organization. The only way to ensure effective communication is by making it part of employment satisfaction survey questions. Ask relevant questions related to communication.
- Do you feel comfortable contributing your ideas and opinions at the workplace?
- Do you feel comfortable giving feedback to your superiors?
- Do you trust your managers and supervisors to listen to the issues you are facing?
2. Teamwork and employee satisfaction questions
Teamwork is an important aspect of an organization’s work culture that helps it grow. The employee satisfaction survey can include questions related to teamwork. We have picked 3 questions that can be part of the employee satisfaction survey questions,
- Do you enjoy being a member of your team?
- Does your team inspire you to do a good job?
- Is your team supportive when you reach out for help?
3. Leadership and sample employee survey questions
The relationship between a manager and its employees is very important for the growth of an organization. Evaluate management policies, leadership skills, etc in your employee satisfaction survey. We have picked 3 questions that should be part of the employee satisfaction survey questions,
- Do you understand the strategic goals of the broader organization?
- Do you think your manager cares about you as a person?
- Do you feel aligned with the company goals?
4. Workplace wellness and job satisfaction questionnaires
Organizations should always keep their employee’s physical and mental well-being as their topmost priority. We have picked 3 questions that you should make a part of the employment satisfaction survey questions,
- Do you feel that the company is concerned about your physical and mental wellbeing?
- Would you like to have a healthy snacks station at the workplace?
- Do you think the cafeteria provides you with healthy meal options?
5. Employee recognition and survey questions for employees
Recognizing employee’s efforts is essential to keep them motivated and enhance productivity. Evaluate through employee satisfaction survey if employees are being recognized regularly. We have picked 3 questions that should be part of the employee satisfaction survey questions,
- Do you receive enough recognition?
- Do leaders and superiors compliment you regularly on your achievements?
- Do you receive rewards on special days like birthdays, work anniversaries, major festivals, etc?
6. Feedback and job satisfaction survey questions
Providing feedback regularly is a part of a manager’s job that helps employees perform better. Use an employee satisfaction survey to evaluate if employees believe they are getting sufficient feedback. We have picked 3 questions that should be part of the employee satisfaction survey questions,
- Do you receive constructive feedback from your managers?
- Does your manager appreciate you for a job well done?
- Does your manager provide you with constructive feedback?
7. Work environment and staff satisfaction survey
The work environment plays an important role in workplace satisfaction amongst employees. Understand if the employees are overall satisfied with the comfort, design, tools, etc in the company. We have picked 3 questions that should be part of the employee satisfaction survey questions,
- Do you think the work environment lets you have a healthy balance between personal life and work?
- Do you find the work environment positive?
- Do you enjoy our company’s work culture?
8. Work/Life balance and employee satisfaction survey sample
Employers must acknowledge the employee’s need for maintaining a work-life balance. Workplace survey questions must assess this aspect. We have picked 3 questions that should be part of the employment satisfaction survey questions,
- Does your job cause you an unreasonable amount of stress?
- Does your manager understand a healthy balance between work life and personal life?
- Does your manager encourage you to use the company’s health and wellness programs?
9. Compensation and job satisfaction questionnaire
Ensure that your employees are fairly compensated for their work. Job satisfaction questions must explore the employee’s satisfaction with respect to salary and benefits. We have picked 3 questions that should be part of the employment satisfaction survey questions,
- Are you satisfied working for our company?
- Are you satisfied with the current benefits that the company provides over and above your salary?
- Do you feel you are compensated fairly?
10. Fairness and staff survey questions
Everyone in the workplace has a right to be treated equally and respectfully. Measure job satisfaction amongst employees by asking them about workplace equality. We have picked 3 questions for the employment satisfaction survey questions,
- Do you feel your manager treats everyone equally in the team?
- Do you feel the organization has fair policies in place for the promotion of all the employees?
- Do you feel the work is divided evenly across your team?
Also Read: Employee Referral | A comprehensive guide
11. Growth opportunity and employee satisfaction survey question
We have picked 3 questions that should be part of the employment satisfaction survey questions,
- Do you see a path to advance further in your career in our company?
- Do you find your job roles challenging?
- Does your manager provide support and motivation for you to grow further?
12. Information employee and satisfaction surveys templates
Evaluate if employees feel that they have adequate information at their disposal to work. We have picked 3 questions that should be part of the employment satisfaction survey questions,
- If something unusual comes up, do you know whom to approach?
- Does the organization provide you with the proper tools and information to perform your job well?
- Do you have easy access to all the information required to make better decisions at work?
13. Job Passion and employee job satisfaction questionnaire
To get good organizational results, employees must feel passionate about their job. Work satisfaction survey helps in letting you know if the employees feel motivated to do their work. We have picked 3 questions that should be part of the employment satisfaction survey questions,
- Do you think your job makes a positive difference in other’s life?
- Do you feel accomplishment from what you do?
- Do you find your work meaningful?
14. Organization relation and employee survey template
Employees who feel connected with their organization give better results during work satisfaction surveys. Evaluate topics such as organizational policies, benefits, etc in job satisfaction questionnaires. We have picked 3 questions that should be part of the employment satisfaction survey questions,
- Will you be working for the same organization for the next 2 years?
- Are you satisfied with your job overall?
- Do you feel empowered at work?
15. Engagement index and employee satisfaction questionnaire
This helps you assess the current status of the employee engagement efforts of the company. These questions will give you an idea of the employee’s commitment to the company. We have picked 3 questions that should be part of the employment satisfaction survey questions,
- Do you feel proud to be part of the company?
- How likely are you to recommend our company to your friends?
- Do you look forward to coming to work each day?