How you deliver matters a lot. Here is a list of 50 awesome performance review examples to share the review comments with your team. Read on!
Performance Review Examples
A performance review or performance evaluation is crucial to an organization for improving productivity. An effective performance review motivates the employees rather than leaving them distant. Performance review phrases are helpful in conducting a successful appraisal review. In this article, we will look into performance review examples.
Also Read: Culture index survey | A comprehensive guide
What are performance review examples?
Performance review examples consist of performance review comments that can be used by managers and supervisors to conduct an effective staff appraisal session. Also known as, performance appraisal examples, these comments help employees stay motivated to perform better and stay happy in the long term.
What are performance review phrases?
Now that we understand the meaning of performance review examples, let us see what are performance review phrases. Performance review phrases are the feedback comments given to the employees during appraisal. These employee review comments can either be negative or positive based on employee performance.
Importance of performance review comments
Performance review comments are important to give feedback to the employees in a mindful way. There are several performance review examples that ensure that an effective and positive appraisal process is in place. Below, we will discuss more the importance of employees’ performance review comments,
Performance feedback that keeps employees motivated
Performance feedback is given properly to help in keeping the employees motivated. Performance review comments should be given in a way so as not to leave the employees feeling disheartened post the appraisal session. Refer to performance review examples that are effective in improving productivity.
Provides an overall job performance review
Performance review comments are useful in providing an overall job performance review to the employees. Employee evaluation comments must have necessary information such as feedback, supporting incidents, and most importantly improvement plan if any. Job performance review samples must be shared with the employees.
Appraisals comments can help employees improve further
Appraisals comments are given so that the employees can understand where they are lacking and what they can do to improve their performance further. Performance review comments given by managers indicate the problem areas and discuss the different ways of handling them with the employees.
Employee evaluation comments lead to effective performance review
An effective performance review example shows that the employees should be constantly motivated to perform better by providing continuous feedback. Managers and supervisors must get themselves acquainted with different types of employee evaluation comments that can be used during appraisal meetings.
Employees comment on performance review are useful in resolving issues
Employees’ comment on performance reviews is essential to identify the issues faced during work and how these issues can be resolved. Performance review comments given by managers should seek feedback from employees to avoid any misunderstanding and provide proper clarifications.
Performance review comments examples
Performance review examples are useful for managers and leaders to give feedback to their employees in a productive manner. In the below section, we will look into different performance review comments examples. These examples can be both negative and positive based on the employee’s performance.
Employee evaluation examples for creativity and innovation
Following are the employee evaluation examples that managers can use while providing feedback for a candidate’s creativity and innovations skills,
- Presents new ideas and innovations on projects constantly.
- Recommends new ways of thinking to improve existing projects.
- Applies creative thinking to assigned projects.
Performance appraisal examples for adaptability
Adaptability is a very crucial skill. Below are some of the performance appraisal examples phrases that can be used to provide feedback,
- Responds well to sudden situation changes
- Adapts to any change in the performance of required duties.
- Willing adjusts the schedule to be available for urgent tasks if required.
Annual performance reviews sample comments for attendance
When you are giving annual performance review sample comments while considering an employees’ attendance and punctuality, you may use the below phrases,
- Do not violate the company’s attendance policy.
- Begins each day with zeal and enthusiasm.
- Arrives at office and meetings on time on a constant basis.
Performance evaluation samples for achievement
Performance review examples for achievement are written for employees who have done exceptionally well. You may use the following phrases while writing performance evaluation samples considering an employee’s achievement,
- Improved [X] by [Y]%.
- Sets realistic goals and constantly works hard to achieve them.
- Helped in streamlining work systems.
Employee review examples for collaboration and teamwork
Collaboration and teamwork are important aspects of an employee to complete team-based projects. Consider below employee review examples,
- Your team members can rely on you.
- You provide your inputs when the team is facing an issue.
- You give others an equal opportunity to present their views.
Performance evaluation comments for improvement
If an employee is given an improvement plan, managers may use the below performance evaluation comments to provide feedback for the progress observed,
- Should work harder on maintaining relationships with peers.
- Struggles to overcome new challenges.
- Focuses more on the difficulties rather than possibilities.
Samples employee evaluations for learning and training
Learning and Training are essential for employee’s growth. Here are sample employee evaluations phrases that may be used to provide feedback,
- Asks for training when work processes are unclear.
- Takes up training and coachings to improve workability.
- Attends training with complete dedication.
Employee review comments for problem-solving skills
Problem-solving skills help in determining solutions to the problems. Here are employee review comments to make your employees aware of their problem-solving skills,
- Develops creative solutions to the problems
- Sees problems as prospective opportunities
- Takes a practical approach towards solving problems
Sample employee comments on performance review examples for cooperation
Following sample employee comments on performance review examples may be used while evaluating cooperation skills of an employee,
- Displays contributive spirit by performing [task] for the [project].
- Encourages colleagues to work as a team to finish work within deadline.
- Cooperates willingly whenever required.
Employee performance evaluation example for interpersonal skills
Interpersonal skills evaluate an employee’s ability to communicate with other people. Use the following employee performance evaluation example to provide feedback,
- Communicates ideas clearly and in a simple manner.
- Communicates with peers respectfully.
- Adapts easily to different kinds of people.
Employee performance review examples for drive
Managers can use the below employee performance review examples,
- Continuously strives to improve skills and production
- Eager to take more responsibility and shows a willingness to put in extra hours of work.
- Shows curiosity to think of new ideas to improve customer experience.
Employee performance reviews comments for work quality
Quality of work is as essential as quantity of work done. Following employee performance review comments are useful to provide feedback,
- Can be relied upon to provide work of the highest quality.
- Positively contributes high-quality work.
- I am immensely impressed by your work quality.
Employees performance evaluation sample for leadership
Leadership skill is evaluated for employees in higher positions. Use the following employee performance evaluation sample phrases,
- Ensures that every employee has a clear understanding of their job responsibilities.
- Readily provides support to other employees.
- Communicates openly with the entire team.
Employees performance review comments for time management
Time management is a skill that ensures timely work completion. You may use below employees performance review comments to evaluate this skill,
- Consistently met all the deadlines.
- Prioritizes work without getting distracted by additional details.
- Delivers urgent work in time without compromising on the work quality.
Mid year reviews examples for client satisfaction
People working in client-facing roles are evaluated based on their client satisfaction skills. Here are few mid-year review examples that can be used,
- Does exceptionally well at providing customer service
- Handles tricky customer situations extremely well
- Capable of dealing with all types of customers
Performance feedback examples for work ethics
The following performance feedback examples may be used by managers while evaluating employees based on their work ethics,
- Abides by company’s rules and policies.
- Always punctual and understands the value of other people’s time.
- Regarded as a credible team member.
Annual performance reviews samples for productivity
Here are the annual performance review samples that can be used by managers and supervisors to measure the work productivity of an employee,
- Has consistently exceeded performance goals.
- Invaluable contributor towards the department success
- Exceeds normal production standards
Appraisers comments for communication skills
Communication skills are useful to convey your ideas efficiently. Here are examples of appraisers comments to evaluate employees,
- You know how to build good relationships.
- You can make others understand your point clearly due to your effective communication skills.
- You are willing to listen to your colleagues.
Employee performance evaluation sample for reliability
The below employee performance evaluation sample phrases may be used to provide performance review for reliability skill,
- Well known for his/her dependability within the team.
- Work performed within the deadline without any compromise on quality.
- Arrives at work and meetings on time.
Evaluation comments for performance
Performance review comments examples should be given separately by measuring an employees’ performance compared to set job standards. Here are evaluation comments that assess the performance of an employee,
- Takes initiative
- Performs consistently well amongst the teammates.
- Excels at developing result-delivering strategies.
Sample employee evaluations comments for attitude
Positive attitude towards work results in increased productivity. Following sample employee evaluations comments help in assessing the attitude of an employee towards work,
- Has a positive attitude in every situation
- Accepts constructive criticism sportingly
- Does not let difficult situations affect work
Sample employee performance evaluations for flexibility
The below sample employee performance evaluations are useful to evaluate employees’ flexibility while handling work projects,
- Accepts constructive feedback and work towards improvement
- Handles a variety of assignments with zeal
- Willing to adapt to new working styles for the betterment of the team.
Sample evaluation comment for accountability
When employees take ownership of their work, it is known as accountability. Following sample evaluation comment phrases help in assessing the accountability skill of an employee,
- Takes responsibility for mistakes and mishappenings.
- Strives constantly to improve on their work.
- Your honesty and work ethics are commendable.
Annual reviews examples for exceptional achievement
Exceptional achievement is for employees who have performed beyond the set expectations. Here are the annual reviews examples to help managers provide feedback for this achievement,
- Improved production of [X] by [Y]% through [specefic task].
- Excels at developing programs and strategies.
- Has known to do exceptionally well at [specific task].
Also Read: Employement History | A comprehensive guide
Evaluation example about coaching
When employees share their knowledge with others in an attempt to teach them something new is known as coaching. Here are few evaluation example phrases to assess this skill,
- Lends support to employees who ask for guidance
- Shows sincere interest in solving employees problems
- Provides coaching when required
Evaluation sample about delegating
Delegating is the skill to assign tasks to other people based on their interests, strength, and knowledge. Evaluation sample phrases to assess this skill,
- Motivates employees to solve their own problems.
- Helps employees to gain visibility through several tasks
- Delegates tasks with clearly defined responsibilities.
Sample performance appraisals about planning
Work planning is a skill that helps in prioritizing work based on deadlines. Here are sample performance appraisals phrases for evaluating planning capability,
- Capable of effectively putting plans into action.
- Creates flexible plans to handle any changes.
- Efficiently develops strategic alternatives.
Sample performance evaluations comments about potential
Potential is the employee’s ability to perform any task successfully. Here are the sample performance evaluations comments to assess an employee’s potential,
- Is ready to take ownership of bigger projects and assignments.
- Going through additional training and coaching to enhance growth potential.
- Capable of prominent performance at higher-level positions.
Year end review examples for vision
Exploring new ideas and turning them into actionable plans is called vision. You may use the below year-end review examples that assess this skill,
- Has proven capability of turning visions into actual action plans.
- Contributes exceptionally towards the company’s growth.
- Lives the organization’s values.
Also Read: Team Building | Everything you must know
Performance appraisal employee final comments about project management
Below are the performance appraisal employee final comments that managers may use to assess the project management capabilities of employees,
- Completed ABC project with XYZ results.
- Capable of clearly establishing project goals and objectives.
- Maintains transparency regarding the project’s progress.