This article is going to discuss the best 5 Software Programs and Services that have student discounts thus helping students with great opportunities in the field of software development.
In today’s world we can’t imagine our lives without using devices, software programs, and various services that simplify our lives. They have been able to influence the speed of globalization, which is bringing people all over the world closer together and promoting equal opportunities for everyone. In addition, it also has an influence on education.
Digital education is creating new opportunities for learning. New models of collaboration are emerging. Besides, there is a wider range of innovative and engaging learning strategies for students. Students often need additional support from the paper writing service EssayPro, which is also designed to simplify students’ lives. The reason is that no devices will save you from an endless amount of essays you always put off.
The demand for technology and software invariably grows. Yet, for some students, even the most basic purchases cost a fortune. If a laptop or tablet crashes or software or some services aren’t working in the middle of the semester, students start panicking. The thing is, unforeseen expenses can put a significant dent in a tight student budget. That’s why in this article, we want to draw your attention to affordable software programs and services that offer student discounts.
Students and educators can get free one-year educational access to this platform’s products and services. It is renewable as long as you remain eligible. By subscribing to Autodesk training resources and software, you will be provided with:
- Fusion 360 – a cloud-based tool for industrial design and product development. Normal price is $60 per month.
- Revit – a BIM software for planning, design, construction, and operation of buildings and infrastructure. The monthly price is $335.
- 3ds Max – a 3D modeling, animation, and visualization software. Without a student discount, it costs $225/month.
- AutoCAD – professional software for 2D and 3D design. Usually, it costs $235 a month.
- Maya – a 3D animation, modeling, and visualization software for film, game, and television production. Other users pay $225 a month.
This company specializes in creating development and teamwork tools. JetBrains offers free access to its products to all students. It doesn’t matter if they are obtaining a master’s program or studying at high school. A student must be enrolled in an accredited training course lasting one year or more.
What does it offer?
ReSharper is a set of tools for .NET development. For individual customers who are not enrolled in a university or college, the price is $129 for the first year. Thus, if you are a student, you are very lucky to have it for free. It includes:
- ReSharper – a VisualStudio extension for .NET development.
- ReSharper C++ – an extension for C++ development.
- dotTrace – a performance monitoring tool.
- dotMemory – a memory profiler.
- dotCover – a tool for running unit tests and code coverage analysis.
- dotPeek – a tool for decompiling and examining assemblies.
IntelliJ IDEA Ultimate is one of the company’s most popular developments. Usually, people pay $14.90 monthly, but it is free for students. In the Ultimate version, the company offers the following add-ons as:
- integration of the Perforce version control system;
- tools for working with databases and SQL;
- detection of repetitive code sections.
GitHub Student Developer Pack
The GitHub Pack is totally worth using as it delivers $200k worth of tools that are extremely useful when getting an education. GitHub has three pricing editions, from $0 to $21 monthly. But it is absolutely free of charge for all verified students. You have to be at least 13 years old and have a GitHub account. To get the Pack for free, you just need to use a school-issued email, student ID, or any other proof of your current academic enrollment.
What does it offer?
Here is a list of the tools you will be provided with:
- Bootstrap Studio is a website-building application based on the Bootstrap framework. Students can use it for free for the entire duration of the course.
- Carto is a platform with the help of which you can analyze and visualize multidimensional data. As a subscriber, you can improve your account, expand storage space, and have access to premium features.
- GitHub – this platform is designed for powerful collaboration and review with the management of the code.
- Desktop – with the help of this tool, you will reduce frustrations and make GitHub workflows more approachable.
- Canva – with the help of this service, you are free to create whatever designs and graphics you want and turn them into professional-looking work.
- Microsoft Azure – this one provides you with access to Microsoft Azure cloud services that are of vital importance to all students.
- Datadog – cloud-based infrastructure monitoring.
- Mailgun is an email service. With the help of these powerful APIs, you can easily send, receive and track your emails.
- Namecheap – a service for registering, hosting, and managing domain names.
- Thinkful – Web development-focused training courses. One month of free access.
- DigitalOcean is a cloud-based hosting service focused on developers. The benefit is that you will get $100 in platform credit.
All students are using plenty of services like PowerPoint provided by Microsoft. The standard version of this software will cost $39.5 for ordinary users and $64.5 for the Pro version. Its products and educational programs help students use modern technology properly for their benefit. Thus, you will be provided with:
- PHP Tools provides tools for intelligent command completion, fast navigation, syntax error checking, and debugging support. There is also access to a built-in PHP manual and a host of other features.
- Microsoft Azure – free cloud services. The ability to use Azure application services, notification centers, SQL databases, and many others. The basic option is usually provided free of charge.
- Visual Studio Community is a development environment with support for creating applications for Windows, iOS, and Android. Integrated with cloud services. Free Software.
- Xamarin Studio Community is a tool for the cross-platform development of mobile applications.
- Microsoft Machine Learning Server is a platform for analyzing data, creating intelligent applications, and obtaining analytical insights.
- SQL Server is a platform for SQL database management.
- Microsoft Virtual Academy is a collection of cross-platform training materials from Microsoft employees and partners.
- Pluralsight – interactive courses for developers.
Adobe Creative Cloud
If you are a creative person, you can find various tools in Adobe Сreative Cloud, such as:
- InDesign – Page design and layout. The monthly subscription is $20.99 but it’s free for students if you get a bundle offer.
- Lightroom – processing and editing digital photos. Usually, the price is $9.99 per month.
- Adobe XD – design and UX prototyping for mobile apps and websites. For ordinary people, the price is $9.99 per month.
- Illustrator – vector graphics and illustration. Usually, it costs $20.99 monthly.
- Photoshop – editing and compositing images. For other users, it is $20.99 monthly.
- Premiere Pro – video creation and editing. Without a discount, it costs $20.99 per month.
- Acrobat Pro – creating, editing, and signing PDF documents and forms. Usually, it costs $14.99 for normal users.
We were glad to help you to discover a wide range of new opportunities for students. Choose the needed software programs and services you need and enjoy the student discount you will be provided with.